The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe-themed wedding reception

Soulrift

So, my fiancee and I are planning our wedding and, since we're both big fans of Warframe, we were conspiring to find ways to integrate the Warframe theme into our wedding reception. I wonder how viable that is, or if anyone else has ever done that?

For the most part we're constrained by fairly traditional set-up, but we're trying to tuck in hints to gaming where we can. We were thinking of setting up all the tables at the reception based on planets in Warframe, and make each name tag for each guest a little Liset. We could have a large board with a Warframe-like planet map at the entrance and guests would find their name orbiting a planet. They would take their Liset, find the corresponding table in the hall, and set the ship into some kind of holder... An orbiter? Docking with a Grineer or Corpus ship?

We're not really sure where to being creating these (and we're not really artistic) which is why I was wondering if anyone else has ever done something like this. For example, if we took a screenshot of the in-game star map and tried to blow it up and print it out it that could work, but it would be a lot nicer if we could make our own star map where the planets actually align with how the tables are set up in the reception hall. How could we do that?

If anyone has any suggestions on how we could pull something like this off, or other ideas for integrating the theme, we'd love to hear them :)

6 minutes ago, Soulrift said:

So, my fiancee and I are planning our wedding and, since we're both big fans of Warframe, we were conspiring to find ways to integrate the Warframe theme into our wedding reception. I wonder how viable that is, or if anyone else has ever done that?

For the most part we're constrained by fairly traditional set-up, but we're trying to tuck in hints to gaming where we can. We were thinking of setting up all the tables at the reception based on planets in Warframe, and make each name tag for each guest a little Liset. We could have a large board with a Warframe-like planet map at the entrance and guests would find their name orbiting a planet. They would take their Liset, find the corresponding table in the hall, and set the ship into some kind of holder... An orbiter? Docking with a Grineer or Corpus ship?

We're not really sure where to being creating these (and we're not really artistic) which is why I was wondering if anyone else has ever done something like this. For example, if we took a screenshot of the in-game star map and tried to blow it up and print it out it that could work, but it would be a lot nicer if we could make our own star map where the planets actually align with how the tables are set up in the reception hall. How could we do that?

If anyone has any suggestions on how we could pull something like this off, or other ideas for integrating the theme, we'd love to hear them :)

Never done or heard of anything like that, but it sounds cool. I like the planet idea. Guests walk in, get their "Liset" (from say, a relay) and the "mission" is to go to their assigned planet and find their seat.

More importantly, Congratulations!

Edited by (XB1)Woofsie

9 minutes ago, Soulrift said:

How long do we have to work on this now?

Because if I wasn't at work currently I could fiddle with ideas (plus ideas of space we'd be working with would help)

Beyond getting to know what your limitations are, here are a few ideas that I thought up on the spot:

• Sculptures or simple designs that follow the Tenno Schools (Naramon, Zenurik, etc). They are stylized enough to be visually appealing, which is what weddings typically aim for.
  • Sneak a few Warframe jokes or references into the vows themselves. "You're the potato to my frame", except less corny and bad.

6 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Beyond getting to know what your limitations are, here are a few ideas that I thought up on the spot:

• Sculptures or simple designs that follow the Tenno Schools (Naramon, Zenurik, etc). They are stylized enough to be visually appealing, which is what weddings typically aim for.
  • Sneak a few Warframe jokes or references into the vows themselves. "You're the potato to my frame", except less corny and bad.

I agree with all of this. Was going to suggest using Tenno School symbols on certain items as well, like napkins or imprint them on plates and so on. Whether your guests know what they are or not, they're rather beautiful symbols and anyone can enjoy them. Plus you'll get to see just how many of your friends and relatives are Tenno too. Can't go wrong with that!

Also congratulations!