The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe-themed wedding reception

Soulrift

Do you plan for some "get-to-know-you" games, while the bride and you are off shooting photos? If so, maybe you can include Warframe missions: Capture (someone with a specific talent), Rescue (someone suffering from a boring conversation), Survival (15 minutes without beer; not applicable to drivers)

Congratulations fellow Tenno!

1) Instead of having Vay Hek marry the two of you, have Clem!
2) Bridesmaids and groomsmen can dress up as Warframes
3) The reception could be decorated like the Orokin Empire (gold, white, black, blue lights)

18 hours ago, Brahkest said:

Get Vay Hek to marry the two of you <3

"TENNOOO DO YOU TAKE THIS SPINELESS LIZARD WORM AS YOUR LAWFULLY WEDDED WIFE?"

"AND DO YOU TAKE THIS DISGUSTING WASTE OF OXYGEN AS YOUR LAWFULLY WEDDED HUSBAND?"

"THEN I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU TENNO SCUM!"

That would be hilarious.

17 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Second dream ost is very atmospheric, maybe for the entrance? (If it's too much you can always just slow it down abit while maintaining the pitch with any audio editing program)

+1 for the nice idea

I agree with that.

+1 to (PS4)watt4hem for requesting an amazing soundtrack.

Edited by (XB1)TheEpicguy7777
Grammar Mistake

Titania is supposed to be Oberon's wife, so you in Oberon deluxe skin and your iancee in Titania ? the priest/mayor as the Lotus

Ask DE if they're ok with your rings being the Warframe icone

All the flowers are lotus (like the real flower if you didn't forget it exist irl ;) )

Or both as Trinity, and then cast link between each other

The dining hall is Limbo's Cataclysm/Frost's Snow Globe

The Second Dream OST is awesome ! use it !

Use your favorite melee weapon to cut the cake !

Learn to do the NARTAs (the emotes) and surprise everyone by doing each a different one ! or in sync, can be badass too

Rollers everywhere !

One of WF's bow with the Eros arrow skin

When using a restore, you have a disc on the ground : decorate your plates !

Dogs with Kubrow armor !

Get some Archwings !

Both in Limbos, one white one black

You as the Perrin Sequence, you fiancee as the New Loka (since they're allies)

Syandanas as coats/dress, whatever

or just a disco ball is good too

EDIT : during the party, instead of treasure hunting, Warframe missions

Edited by Feuershark
MOAR

guide to a Warframe wedding:

- if it's a Shotgun Wedding, bring a Sancti Tigris.

- Clem has to be your best man. not only is he cuddly and charming, he'll also perform a short but powerful best man's speech.

- replace your Fiancé's wedding dress with an Opulas Robe, or whatever your favourite Syandana is.

- set matchmaking to Friends only.

- as you're about to kiss the bride, reel back and say "sorry love, but there's a potato alert going on, just give me 5 minutes!"

- if someone asks whether you think the marriage will work, just say "I'll put in a couple Forma,  she'll be fine then"

Dude grats...  But lemme lay down some truth on you, weddings are very stressful, and just doing normal wedding junk was a pain in the rear for me and the wife.  If you  plan in going all out Warframe theme, then I highly suggest you get a wedding planner/decorator to set this stuff up, there are a million things to do, so make sure you delegate work properly!

That being said, straight up legit ideas in here, you could go with lotus flowers as the main type of flower, you can use some sort of Tennobet derivative as the font for all of the invitations and whatnot.  You can definitely get a very regal looking feel if you use white lights, white/gold see through lace, white/gold drapery and junk like that to spruce up the venue.  One thing no one really mentioned that can be done and isn't too spendy but hella cool, ice sculpture, you can make the lotus logo into a sculpture as a centerpiece for a couple hundred bucks depending on size and such.

Anyway, good luck, and delegate that part of the work to someone, trust me as the day gets closer and closer you will have enough junk to worry about.

Edited by Z3GR4M

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to stop back in and thank everyone for their great suggestions, and especially thank all the wonderful people at DE for stepping in and making our wedding a whole lot more special! In the end we created a big star chart map to show people which table they were seated at, and decorated the name cards with Liset spaceships to see them on their way. We also got a great wedding card signed by the fine folks who make Warframe so awesome. Now we two Tenno continue our adventures together!

Simon_and_Rong_Wedding.jpg

In case you're still making wedding plans, i have a few suggestions I'd like to give. 

1. Orokin Rector or Catalyst shaped wedding cake.

2. The both of you can cosplay as your favorite Warfames. 

3. Statues of warframes of figurines on the tables or as standings. 

4. Cardboard cut outs of Warframes. 

5. Decorations of tile sets in the game suck as plants, rocks, or door patterns. 

Those are some things off the top of my head. Congrats by the way for finding someone who wants to get married in this manner. I hope to find someone who shares my interest and wants to get married in a similar fashion. 

On 8/8/2016 at 1:30 PM, Soulrift said:

So, my fiancee and I are planning our wedding and, since we're both big fans of Warframe, we were conspiring to find ways to integrate the Warframe theme into our wedding reception. I wonder how viable that is, or if anyone else has ever done that?

For the most part we're constrained by fairly traditional set-up, but we're trying to tuck in hints to gaming where we can. We were thinking of setting up all the tables at the reception based on planets in Warframe, and make each name tag for each guest a little Liset. We could have a large board with a Warframe-like planet map at the entrance and guests would find their name orbiting a planet. They would take their Liset, find the corresponding table in the hall, and set the ship into some kind of holder... An orbiter? Docking with a Grineer or Corpus ship?

We're not really sure where to being creating these (and we're not really artistic) which is why I was wondering if anyone else has ever done something like this. For example, if we took a screenshot of the in-game star map and tried to blow it up and print it out it that could work, but it would be a lot nicer if we could make our own star map where the planets actually align with how the tables are set up in the reception hall. How could we do that?

If anyone has any suggestions on how we could pull something like this off, or other ideas for integrating the theme, we'd love to hear them :)

this sounds awesome as hell. Congrats on getting married.

You should do a relay thing or something. 

OR. ORRRRR. Have the food be in containers/plates or something that looks like the resources in warframe:

Oxium shrimp, cryotic jelly, Alloy truffle, Argon crystal jumping candy, Circuit chocolate bars, Detonite drinks, Gallium ice blocks, Neurode crayfish, ect