Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please have a warning sign for sniper only sorties?

gluih

The sign would read: "If you have a sniper, do this mission asap! Tomorrow morning half the players in this mission will be using an unranked vulkar."

But seriously, I think the weapon categories should be changed. It's not a big surprise, that a lot of players don't have any sniper. In general bows do the same thing, but they do it better.
The best bows get into red crits easily, so their damage is very high and it is more consistent. Without less than 100%, sometimes you get the non-crit and multishot also doesn't trigger, so the enemy doesn't die.
Bows and snipers require the game to be slowed down by quite a bit. You can't kill as many enemies as quickly as with other weapons or warframe abilities. You also have to aim more carefully, so overall those weapons fit better into stealth missions, and then bows have another big advantage, because they are silent.
Bows also have the advantage of having 2 crossbows in their category. Those have a big advantage against nullifiers, because their fire rate can actually be really high. They are also better for dealing with a lot of enemies in general.

Having explosive weapons like the tonkor in the sniper category would be really nice. They use sniper ammo anyway and they don't fit better into assault rifles.
Another option would be to have snipers in the same category as bows, because they really do the same thing anyway.

In general the sortie conditions aren't all that great. Energy reduction happens way too often and is really annoying. On the other hand it really isn't a problem if you are in a team and one player is spamming EV. A lot of times eximus strongholds are basically the same thing as energy reduction, because energy leeches show up so often.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

Or everyone who has even the slightest interest in sorties make it so they have a damn sniper rifle around.

And it this case, sniper ammo does NOT mean something is a sniper and should be considered as one. Especially not the launchers.

Well the result now is that half of the public squad I was in was using a rank 0 vulkar(which is even worse from my point of view, where more than half of my squad didn't really have a weapon). And honestly I can understand why a lot of players wouldn't want to waste resources on one of the sniper rifles, when there are so many better weapons. Either snipers have to be worth picking up or they just shouldn't have their own category.

11 minutes ago, gluih said:

Having explosive weapons like the tonkor in the sniper category would be really nice

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No

12 minutes ago, gluih said:

The sign would read: "If you have a sniper, do this mission asap! Tomorrow morning half the players in this mission will be using an unranked vulkar."

That would be both mean to those that do it (and they do it mainly because the don't play with sniper at all, but wanna do sorties anyway. In any case, unranked stuff isn't so much of a problem with the MR-Weapon rework they did) and also useless, cause you're not preventing people with unranked snipers from participating anyway.

15 minutes ago, gluih said:

Another option would be to have snipers in the same category as bows, because they really do the same thing anyway.

Riiiight... Snipe me one enemy +100m away from you with a bow that isn't Daikyu.
And try shooting at something one step away from you with a sniper.

Yeah... totally the same :P

17 minutes ago, gluih said:

Energy reduction happens way too often and is really annoying. On the other hand it really isn't a problem if you are in a team and one player is spamming EV. A lot of times eximus strongholds are basically the same thing as energy reduction, because energy leeches show up so often.

If you know how to play without depending on powers, Energy Reduction isn't that much of a bother.

Eximus Stronghold is only annoying in Infested Sorties.

TL;DR : No

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Vectis Prime can hit 4,000,000... of corse with a mod that only 100 players got, but even a fraction of that damage is good

you got no idea how much i want that mod ;_;

my vectis prime, vulkar wraith, lanka and snipetron vandal needs it D:<

15 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Or everyone who has even the slightest interest in sorties make it so they have a damn sniper rifle around.

And it this case, sniper ammo does NOT mean something is a sniper and should be considered as one. Especially not the launchers.

This, Id actually untderstand if they made bows availale for sniper missions, as they have similar roles, but launchers are a whole different playsyle.

Besides, I really think they should rename sniper ammo into something heavy ammo.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Vectis Prime can hit 4,000,000... of corse with a mod that only 100 players got, but even a fraction of that damage is good

Still does effectively less damage than a lot of other weapons, because you don't have high fire rate.

11 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

or make it so u can only enter with max level warframe and guns

Which wouldn't solve the fact that snipers just aren't very good in genreal.

5 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

That would be both mean to those that do it (and they do it mainly because the don't play with sniper at all, but wanna do sorties anyway. In any case, unranked stuff isn't so much of a problem with the MR-Weapon rework they did) and also useless, cause you're not preventing people with unranked snipers from participating anyway.

Riiiight... Snipe me one enemy +100m away from you with a bow that isn't Daikyu.
And try shooting at something one step away from you with a sniper.

Yeah... totally the same :P

If you know how to play without depending on powers, Energy Reduction isn't that much of a bother.

Eximus Stronghold is only annoying in Infested Sorties.

TL;DR : No

Players not usually wanting a sniper and then being forced to play with a sniper is really the problem here. I can understand the players who did the sorties today with an unranked vulkar, but I really just think something has to change about this.

You really don't have to shoot enemies at more than 100m away. You can just wait for them to get closer. There also just aren't enough open areas for this to be relevant.
And yes snipers and bows do pretty much the same thing. You aim more carefully than with other weapons and you get a lot of damage in return. Ignore the fact that the lex prime is probably the best sniper in the game, but you should get the idea.

And about the energy reduction. It really is just very annoying. And the worst thing is that it shows up so often. There pretty much is an energy reduction mission in the sorties every other day and the game is just less fun without the powers.

If people don't want to "waste" resources on snipers they can stay out of those sorties. It's their problem, not the game's. Your suggestions are just absurd.

And snipers are very good. People are just extremely lazy and would rather use something they don't have to aim that will blow up the entire map at once. That's again their problem.

13 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

atleast people wouldn't run around with unmodded ones which helps a bit

Well yes and it would kind of make sense. I would make the requirement to bring at least 1 maxed weapon, so you can still level your other 2.
But the problem is really that snipers just aren't weapons that you are good in a lot of situations. That wouldn't change. It would mostly result in a lot of frustrated players who can't run the sorties at all when the condition is there, because they first have to build a sniper and then have to rank it up (btw it would nice if there was a sniper available for credits in the market).

There really have to be more situations where a sniper is useful. Where you have a large area with few enemies/ high priority targets to kill. It also has to be a pretty high level, so having the high damage of a sniper actually matters.
Also I don't really know how the sniper combos work, but getting more damage really isn't all that great. It would be better if it just had extra crit chance to make the damage more consistent.

1 minute ago, gluih said:

Well yes and it would kind of make sense. I would make the requirement to bring at least 1 maxed weapon, so you can still level your other 2.
But the problem is really that snipers just aren't weapons that you are good in a lot of situations. That wouldn't change. It would mostly result in a lot of frustrated players who can't run the sorties at all when the condition is there, because they first have to build a sniper and then have to rank it up (btw it would nice if there was a sniper available for credits in the market).

There really have to be more situations where a sniper is useful. Where you have a large area with few enemies/ high priority targets to kill. It also has to be a pretty high level, so having the high damage of a sniper actually matters.
Also I don't really know how the sniper combos work, but getting more damage really isn't all that great. It would be better if it just had extra crit chance to make the damage more consistent.

have u ever tried gas snipers? they really clear rooms as fast as a dude with soma (perhaps faster)

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

have u ever tried gas snipers? they really clear rooms as fast as a dude with soma (perhaps faster)

That's some pretty small rooms. And you also need the proc, which isn't exactly great on a weapon with very slow fire rate.

35 minutes ago, gluih said:

Still does effectively less damage than a lot of other weapons, because you don't have high fire rate.

Which wouldn't solve the fact that snipers just aren't very good in genreal.

your playing the wrong warframes then

now imagine if they went throug with removing melee mods like they wanted & kept melee only missions

1 hour ago, gluih said:

Having explosive weapons like the tonkor in the sniper category would be really nice. They use sniper ammo anyway and they don't fit better into assault rifles.

Yes and shooting blasting grenates that kill X enemies at a range is obviously on pair with the challenge of having to carefully shoot with a sniper rifle.

13 minutes ago, at35z said:

Yes and shooting blasting grenates that kill X enemies at a range is obviously on pair with the challenge of having to carefully shoot with a sniper rifle.

Just make a "bow or sniper" condition. I also wouldn't mind weapons like the sybaris or semi-auto rifles in there. I'm fine with that.

My experience with this condition is that the whole map is CCd and sometimes there is an ash bladestorming everything. Great challenge. Half the players aren't using their weapons because they are unranked.

Edited by gluih

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

your playing the wrong warframes then

now imagine if they went throug with removing melee mods like they wanted & kept melee only missions

I guess this is what you wanted your post to look like?

How is the warframe relevant to this?

What do melee mods have to do with this?

3 minutes ago, gluih said:

Half the players aren't their weapons because they are unranked.

No player is his/her weapon. That would be weird. :crylaugh: 

Well I guess some people don't have/use shotguns either, yet there is a shotgun only mode. And having one laying around just for the sorties is really not that expensive, IMO.