Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Altering Lod Bias (Rock-Bottom Graphics)

shut

Question

Okay, so I'm playing WarFrame right now using a laptop that isn't quite built for handling games with graphics of this level.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HD: 750GB, 5200RPM

At the moment, it's the GPU that's bottlenecking the performance, even on lowest settings.

Fairly decent, I guess, but it dips to as low as 10-15 FPS when playing on crowded Defense missions-- or almost any outdoor mission, really. After being repeatedly one-shotted by something (still not sure what; I couldn't even see what hit me) over the course of nearly an hour during one of the Event Alert missions, I decided that I need to find some sort of way to increase my FPS.

So, I decided, hey-- decreasing LOD Bias using the NVIDIA GeForce SLI Profile Tool. Worked like a charm for me in Vindictus.

201207220004.jpg

201207220003.jpg

201207220005.jpg

But here's where the problem comes in-- even though I went through the same process that I did for Vindictus, it simply isn't working for Warframe. When I throw the commands in and boot up the game, the graphics look as beautiful and GPU-eating as ever.

So, could any of you more tech-savvy people out there please help me with this? XD

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Have you made sure to uncheck DX11 mode in the Warframe Launcher options?

Also set it to 32 bit mode, and make sure that your Nvidia Control Panel is detecting Warframe.

(Also the screenshots of Vindictus with those LOD bias settings look kinda awesome, despite being low quality. lol.)

Edited by Letter13

Have you made sure to uncheck DX11 mode in the Warframe Launcher options?

Also set it to 32 bit mode, and make sure that your Nvidia Control Panel is detecting Warframe.

(Also the screenshots of Vindictus with those LOD bias settings look kinda awesome, despite being low quality. lol.)

I'll give it a shot. Thanks xD

EDIT: So I tried creating an identical NVIDIA Profile for the 32-bit Warframe and then switching the game to 32-bit mode, but the result was the same. x_x

Just to be sure, I'm supposed to be making the profiles for:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.exe

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.x64.exe, right?

Edited by SortaRandom

EDIT: So I tried creating an identical NVIDIA Profile for the 32-bit Warframe and then switching the game to 32-bit mode, but the result was the same. x_x

Just to be sure, I'm supposed to be making the profiles for:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.exe

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Warframe.x64.exe, right?

There should be a preexisting Nvidia profile for warframe, however modifying the LOD Bias would require something like Nvidia inspector.

Keep in mind that the same trick might not work on all games, and would vary from engine to engine. Also, have you made sure to run the game with DX11 mode unchecked? If it was already unchecked, then nevermind.

I myself am playing on a GT 640M, and I can run Warframe with most settings turned up/on. The performance difference between a 540M and a 640M shouldn't be that great.

Yeah, changing the resolution doesn't improve my FPS. Not completely sure why. XD

There should be a preexisting Nvidia profile for warframe, however modifying the LOD Bias would require something like Nvidia inspector.

From what I'm aware, NVIDIA Inspector only allows the LOD Bias setting to be put within a certain range. Bringing it to "extremes" (as shown in the Vindictus screenies) can't be done with Inspector, so I used SLI Profile Tool instead. XD

Yeah, changing the resolution doesn't improve my FPS. Not completely sure why. XD

From what I'm aware, NVIDIA Inspector only allows the LOD Bias setting to be put within a certain range. Bringing it to "extremes" (as shown in the Vindictus screenies) can't be done with Inspector, so I used SLI Profile Tool instead. XD

Really? What sort of extremes are you using in Vindictus? Greater or less than 3? Do share!