Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Reputation cap should be removed

(PSN)Romulus93

1 minute ago, stormsasuke180 said:

Because DE doesn't want you to get a bunch of [insert weapons] here. Think syndicate melees. You can horde up a bunch of rep before hand,buy a bunch of syndicate melees,and sell them all. Not fair is it?

You can already do that with medallions.

7 minutes ago, stormsasuke180 said:

Because DE doesn't want you to get a bunch of [insert weapons] here. Think syndicate melees. You can horde up a bunch of rep before hand,buy a bunch of syndicate melees,and sell them all. Not fair is it?

How is that not fair? If someone wanted to do that, they'd have to play the game a whole bunch to even accumulate such a vast amount of points and if they wanted to buy a whole bunch of weapons to sell it for platinum, people who don't have platinum can still farm for the weapons themselves. I don't see the issue.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Why can't I horde 1 million+ reputation if I want?

Wish granted, but the more rep you accumulate, the less rep you get per xp, equating to double xp needed to convert to syndicate rep for going from 0 to 100k (excluding syndicate alerts and medallions of course).

1 minute ago, KnotOfMetal said:

Wish granted, but the more rep you accumulate, the less rep you get per xp, equating to double xp needed to convert to syndicate rep for going from 0 to 100k (excluding syndicate alerts and medallions of course).

There doesn't need to be a kaveat. I'm on vacation. I've got a lot of time. Just let me play forever.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Just let me play forever.

That's what they're trying to do. If you could accumulate millions of standings you'd never need to work for new weapons and other equipment from syndicates.

28 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

You can already do that with medallions.

Not everyone does the daily syn missions. But with OP's way of things, everyone would be able to get as much standings as medaillon hoarders.

35 minutes ago, stormsasuke180 said:

How it is not fair?  It's the same amount of standing.

The entire "standing system"doesn't make sense.  Players build standing to use and it's capped if it isn't used, but are penalized when using it.

Players will find a mission node and a squad composition that will yield the most syndicate standing. Instead of playing other mission nodes they would only play that one mission over and over and over and over...why does this sound so familiar?

The point of a cap on anything in a game is to prevent you from acquiring a large amount of something to the point that it can prevent you needing to play the game later. They want you to keep playing. Thus, if new content arrives that needs something that you have capped off, they limit how much you can get/make at once and to get more of that new thing you need to play more. Its a basic game system to keep players playing the game that most games use.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

37 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The point of a cap on anything in a game is to prevent you from acquiring a large amount of something to the point that it can prevent you needing to play the game later. They want you to keep playing. Thus, if new content arrives that needs something that you have capped off, they limit how much you can get/make at once and to get more of that new thing you need to play more. Its a basic game system to keep players playing the game that most games use.

Yeah, like the relics.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then resources should be capped with that logic. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Then resources should be capped with that logic. 

They handle resources in a different way. There isn't a point to cap them since they are a fundamental aspect of every item in the game, not to mention that people have literally millions of some resources, so instead they make key components have unique rules to them. Cryotic is limited to only one method of acquisition, Nitain is limited as a rare reward from ship sabotage or alerts, Argon decays with a half life and is only found in the void, Traces require farming fissure missions, full Faction resources have to be gotten from alerts or crafted, Tellerium is just rare due to it dropping only in Archwing missions. Most of these are the main things people have to work for to build most of the new items that show up in the game lately. Everything else is just fodder.

The cap for syndicates serves as not only an encouragement for leveling your mastery higher, but also just like those other resources I mentioned make you work for what you want. They wont put a cap on it since it has existed since the very start of the game and it wouldn't solve anything or add anything. There is no plus side to capping them.

When a new weapon comes out I have enough resources to build it right away. This doesn't stop me from playing the game as I still want to level it for mastery. Also, on consoles, we know what resources are needed ahead of time. I think the argument for the syndicate reputation cap is weak. 

21 hours ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Because you don't get to decide the rules of the game?

I would under ZERO circumstances design a game and have a non finite cap on everything, just in case players find a way to suddenly farm resources out of nowhere, and "break" something that I might have wanted to do later. Cap limits allow the game to progress at a known pace so you can monitor it over time, and make sure things are controlled.

Try asking in Guild Wars 2 "why cant I craft 100 Clay Pots per day" and see what they say.

A time-gate mechanic is just that, a gate that controls how often something can happen over a period of time.

You might as well ask why you can't keep Argon forever.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I think the argument for the syndicate reputation cap is weak. 

Because it is. Both daily syndicate rep and focus cap should be removed. Neither add anything to the game beyond frustration.

35 minutes ago, DSpite said:

Because you don't get to decide the rules of the game?

The best and truest answer to the question.

I think a more reasonable question is why the cap is so low.  The cap should increase with MR just like the daily cap does.  

I always try to keep 100K in each syndicate I use in case something good comes out I can quickly buy. The max at 132K creates a daily pain because I have to micromanage sigils which for some reason, are tied to cosmetics (instead of a gear item or some other non-cosmetic).  

Before I can run a mission, I have to burn rep, then swap sigils.  I recommend an extra 2K per MR level so at the theoretical maximum (MR 30), you would have a total cap of 192K.  This would be much more manageable.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

22 hours ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

the cap is more than fine to get what you want out of a syndicate especially since it is 100% passive, and you can hit that cap easily in a few missions. a free 22K standing a day plus 11K standing for another syndicate. That's plenty.