The+Second+Stream+Podcast:+Episode+1

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,425 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Titania's Shrink ability should use the new Archwing controls (6-degrees of freedom) or should it use the Sharkwing (classic) controls?

• It should use the new controls with 6 degrees of freedom!
    • It should use Sharkwing (classic) controls!
    • I don't feel strongly either way.
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How complex should the buffs be from Titania's Soul Swipe ability?

• Very complex - give me all the buffs!
    • Moderately complex - diverse, but not too complicated to remember.
    • Not complex - the buffs should be straightforward and practical.
    • I'm not sure - need more information.
  3. 3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

• Yes, give me fewer but better Shadows.
    • No, I want an army of Shadows.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
  4. 4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

• Yes, give some love to less common weapons.
    • No, the popular melee weapons would have been a better choice.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  5. 5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

• Break them up completely for more consistent updates over a long period.
    • Break them up a bit so we get chunks of new content intermittently.
    • Don't break them up so we get big update patches with breaks inbetween.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  6. 6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

• Dating Simulator
    • Survival Horror
    • Visual Novel
    • Roguelike
    • RTS
    • Casual

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Ojimaru said:

I second this. The current 6DOF Archwing is lacking primarily because of the lack of control. I hope DE goes through with the idea to bind the "Reorient"button to the "Reload" key, allowing us to gradually rotate (with sliding adjusters, yay!) our orientation at will, instead of relying on the unreliable auto-orientation.

That's exactly what I meant. Maybe should be something like this: press R once and the archwing will reset its orientation, long press R and we can manually control the orientation

Edit: or maybe like my original idea: press R to switch between the grades of freedom and long press R to reset to the default orientation

Edited by Ylantron

3. I'm fine with a set number of Shadows, but I would prefer the augment be changed to give damage resistance based on strength, whereas before more shadows made Nekros tankier.

4. I don't mind lesser used melee weapons being selected for syndicates (THRILLED to see Lecta!), but I would have preferred not to have more than 1 weapon of each type. While Heliocor and Magistar look great and I'm sure they will be fine, I think it would have been nice to get a sword too, perhaps something with a little less damage/crit and more status than Broken-War, since that weapon has the sword category pretty well locked down. Even though Sparring is almost never used, I'm glad we didn't get a weapon of that type since (in my opinion) they're not that useful anyway.

To the people complaining that Rakta Dark Dagger will break stealth when the syndicate proc goes off... it won't go off if one of your other weapons is equipped.

Edited by Neightrix

3. The point of the numerous shadows is that Nekros a lot to hide behind, with less, that becomes more difficult and he is easily shot full of holes. Why not give him the ability of when taking damage, that damaged is split and distributed equally among his shadows that are still alive?

28 minutes ago, Ylantron said:

That's exactly what I meant. Maybe should be something like this: press R once and the archwing will reset its orientation, long press R and we can manually control the orientation

Edit: or maybe like my original idea: press R to switch between the grades of freedom and long press R to reset to the default orientation

You can rotate the mouse in a quick circle to change your orientation. Clockwise to rotate right, counterclockwise to rotate left. Making it a habit really helps on the corpus missions.

Not disagreeing with the idea, though. Automatically orienting or setting a permanent orientation would help most players.

1. Updates:

The thing is while having consistent update or huge update in chunks would seem to be better choice. In reality, If the update isn't related to you or something you don't like it becomes real boring aka bad. Lemme explain this:

1.1 Lunaro: So conclave gets some love. Ok. Enter a game host team Sun almost always wins cause most hosts have bad internet for some reason. I play Lunaro only 1v1 with clannies or friends. But it got them bugs which really make it unplayable. Like the unable to goal bug where if lunaro enters the goal yet just bounces back. Hitting it straight in bull's eye also doesn't work. The host and me were trying to figure it out. My whole team couldn't score. Thus I hated Lunaro to never see it again. There was nothing else in that update other than a weapon and a new stance to interest me no. So it turns into a failed update for me. And that's the problem.

1.2 Specter's of The Rail: New starchart and void system. Honestly i hate the new void system but that's for some other time. So, I unlock all junction's, farmed all traces and then nothing to do. Mastered the new archwing controls forma'd them. Completed Rush missions with over a minute to spare. And now i got nothing to do in the update. Thus again it becomes an empty update.

Tl;DR: If you going to separate updates please look into the fact that it might not be too small that people get bored of it too fast as the whole update is too centered around a single component. And that's what i fear about War Within, as it might be too centered around the quest and once quest is over it might again turn into void of no content.

And please stop adding more op melee weapons and look at the primary and secondary section of weapons. The syndicate melee's take it to another level with Synoid Heliocor, Rakta Dark Dagger and Sancti Magistrar.

Edited by SharkPot
Typos

41 minutes ago, WilYen said:

will there be new syndicate melee stances? cause all of these weapons need new stances. surprised no one mentioned this in the podcast

Why would they need new stances? There are pre-existing Stance Mods for all of them.

Shadows of the Dead:
From the tease we got in the Devstream, it's going the right way. From what I've seen, it seems like the shadows don't last for long and die rather quickly. I think the amount of them is just right and give a priority to summon the strongest units you killed is amazing. It's their health that bothers me, I think the shadows should have at least 3 times the amount of health the enemies have and scale with the level like specters.

Syndicate Melees:
I think you should give some love to less popular weapons so I like the choises, at least most of them:
Vaykor Sydon: I like the choise. Most people wanted the Jat Kittag but I think hammers have enough love. The Sydon is an avarage weapon and I hope it's vaykor version will make it to the end game.
Telos Boltace: It was predicted the the Boltace will be the Arbiters's melee of choice, what I like about it is that it's a tonfa and the tonfa class of melees dont get much love.
Synoid Heliocor: Everyone knew is will be Suda's melee. My problem is that the regualr version of the Heliocor is already strong and give even the War a challenge. The synoid version will be so strong that everyone will want it. I think the regular Heliocor will need a little nerf.
Secura Lecta: One of the best choise you have in my opinion. The wipes class of melee need love and it seems like the Secura Lecta will help with it.
Rakta Dark Dagger:  My biggest problem with this is the syndicate proc. I agree the daggers need some love, but people tend to use it for stealth. Syndicate weapons are known to be awful for stealth missions... I suggest to fix this problem soon.
Sancti Magistar: I think we have enough hammers. The Magistar is a good choise to give less popular weapons love, but I think the Redeemer could be a better choise becouse it's the only weapon from it's type, Silvia and Agis is also a good choise, the Kogake (love to sparring weapons).

I think that "giving love to whats less popular" should be when it comes to weapon types, like tonfas, daggers (dual), sparring, fists, wipes, swords & shields, weapon hybrids, gunblades, scyths and machetes...

Edited by CommanderSpawn

Whenever the Quality is better then Quantity is determent by Three major factor: One how much % will the augment change to match a decent defense for Nekros (Since it was made with the Old ability in mind). Second does each time it refresh (aka Recast) will also change their level to match with the Opponent? Third how much Aggro does the SotD take from you and for which reach?

Almost irrelevant is the actually health and damage buff, though the scaling is good as it is and I don't really care as long it's not a nerf to that (but I don't mean to not welcome a buff if that so is). In the end its the Utility that I mention above are the primary part that is important and what I would considering the quality of the ability Shadow of the Dead.

1- 6 degrees. What's the point of it working differently than the other mode? Make all of it universal.

2- Super complex. Why? Cause if it's a few that everyone knows what you get you are going to get min\maxers screaming at people for not swiping the correct units. So we are going to have yet another frame that "needs" to be played in a specific way.

I think the bonuses should be faction specific. The enemies will give you buffs that will help you counter their specific style of combat. So the UI could just just a bunch of logos showing the unit faces telling you, you have Bombard bonus aka blast status, Ballista bonus is higher crit chance, etc, etc.

3- the bonus for having many units was that they created a wall that protected you. With fewer enemies that protection is gone. Maybe you should change the AI to work like when nullifier or frost eximus have their shields up and the units surround them? Except for melee units, of course.

4- Yes, seeing the same weapons on everyone is boring.

5- Go back to the old system and just give each update a different name. Having just one single update name that is spread through different updates makes it sound like you are barely giving us anything.

The old system of mini-updates and one big update was better.

3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

..a big problem is the lack of control over Shadows.

No matter what the damage multiplier they get, by their AI the damage is randomic and unfocused, resulting in mostly no kills in mid-to-high level missions.
They just end up being "moving Decoys" that once and then are able to kill a low Hp target.

For Sinergy, it would be great if Shadows would focusfire a declared target, and Soul Punch should mark their target, driving their attention.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

My stance on underused weapons given the syndicate treatment?

Well, i would've been nice if the community could've voted on the categories and subcategories depending on where the weapons would go. Hammers are hardly "underused" really, polearms are used quite often most times if not an orthos prime it's the Lesion or Tonbo. However, where's the love for claws (Sancti Venka, Vaykor Ripkas [maybe]), Sparring, Machetes, Longswords (or at least give more easily obtainable stances cause Crimson Dervish is ridiculously uncommon and Iron Phoenix straight up sucks), etc.

My stance on Nekros' Shadow update?

I understand the allure of "quality over quantity", but supposedly 7 shadows? Why not just cap his shadows to double digits at minimum because 7 shadows can be overwhelmed in some situations, even if its a reinforcement for the squad as an entirety. Though certain factions like Corpus and Corrupted (plus nightmare grineer missions) still hold the ridiculousness of Nullifiers that can screw over those 7 shadows pretty quickly as well. But about recasting replenishing their health and re-capping the limit with the fewer to summon the faster the animation is a very welcome addition, though just giving Nekros a base casting speed of at least Ember would be even more welcome overall in a personal opinion.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

My stance on Nekros' Shadow update?

I understand the allure of "quality over quantity", but supposedly 7 shadows? Why not just cap his shadows to double digits at minimum because 7 shadows can be overwhelmed in some situations, even if its a reinforcement for the squad as an entirety. Though certain factions like Corpus and Corrupted (plus nightmare grineer missions) still hold the ridiculousness of Nullifiers that can screw over those 7 shadows pretty quickly as well. But about recasting replenishing their health and re-capping the limit with the fewer to summon the faster the animation is a very welcome addition, though just giving Nekros a base casting speed of at least Ember would be even more welcome overall in a personal opinion.

Part of me fears that he'll go from Scratching records to raising the roof nonstop.

Just now, Synpai said:

Part of me fears that he'll go from Scratching records to raising the roof nonstop.

Honestly, the current shadows he has, they don't die or lose much health when I make use of them, though the duration is still annoying to deal with (14-16 depending on if energy conversion is active or not), I personally think his current system is fine, just remove duration itself, although I won't object to making them stronger and giving the ability the things they showed off.

But the [potentially] single digit cap is still a turn off even if it would be better as well as the indirect nerf to his shadow augment.

Definetly keep the (classic) Archwing controls for Titania when using her 4 ability. It's less of a headache solely because the levels are much more linear and closed than Archwing (space) which is open. Also from a physical standpoint, when in space you have no gravity so your allowed to be upside down, backwards, etc. Whereas if your on a planet you have gravity pulling you down so you would be level most the time.

10 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

oh boy please allow me,

since I chose other for the melee syn weapons let me explain why.

I do feel that a lot of less used older melee weapons need some love but I feel strongly that the wrong way of doing it. The problem with a lot of these weapons is they come from under used out dated weapon families that have not received much of any love (the exception is the hammers) Sydon is a pole arm and both pole arm stances that have been released since U13 are incomplete compared to other stances that have multiple combos simply making a stronger version of sydon wont make more people appreciate it as there are more complex mechanics in melee combat than just numbers and stats, if the melee weapon is not fun to use and diverse in its attacks no one wants to use it. The red veil dark dagger overlaps wit hthe existing dark dagger and the red veil augment? Why, seriously why, there were other weapons out there that could of used the attention. Lecta same case as Sydon, whips have not received any form of stance love or touches since u13. Aside form the fact that stat improved versions of these weapons wont make them better or make people enjoy them, it was rather disapointing when there were so many better choices, weaposn that had some parts of what makes other melee weapons great but not the stats to back it up, something like silva aegis would of been great for red veil, or the plamsa sword for perrin.

I must concur with this opinion, very well said!

For Shadows of the Dead it's other.

My reasoning, is what happens if you get a Shadow you dislike? I think there needs to be a way to despawn or kill a specific shadow without killing the rest of the group.

Even with smarter choosing.

Opinion on "5"

Fine with it if it means a better end product unlike the horrible mess that SotR was, Stuff that it rolled out with showed that the devs seem to just be throwing anything old thing out without actually testing it beyond a "dev build" Major changes like these are why other companies have Test Servers.

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

While I understand why you are doing this(trying to make less popular weapons more attractive), I think it creates big problem, it creates imbalance between syndicates if one syndicate has better weapons then others and this problem already exists, for example, arbiters of hexis has most unattractive weapons to players from all the syndicate's, which makes me sad since I was originally in this syndicate since I agree with their goal's but I quit after seeing them get shafted compared to other syndicates, for example they got telos boltor after I already got boltor prime which was pretty easy to get, Telos Akbolto is nothing special and now they are going to get  Telos Boltace, and while I understand that ir will get buffs compared to original it doesnt change the fact that I dont find original fun to play(I dont like any of "Tonfa" type weapons fun to play, possibly because of type of "moves" they have)and I dont like its design, so this change will  not make me want to play this new Boltace. Also the fact that Arbiters have sword as their symbol but dont use sword as their melee weapon makes this worse...

By comparison New loka has all weapons that are fun to play, have really great design's and are pretty powerful, I dont like New Loka goal's but I joined them because their weapons are in every way superior to Arbiters of hexis, even their new Magistar weapon looks cool.

Second problem with syndicate weapons that I have is the fact that we have two cephalon(AI) controlled syndicates(cephalon suda and simaris) who are giving us nearly identical weapons, yeah I know those two syndicates have different roles and that suda's weapons are buffed but if someone doesnt care about min-maxing(min-maxing lost importance with changes how void rewards work) and wants weapon for its looks then they can get versions from simaris that everyone has access to without giving up anything in return(can be part of any syndicate and still be able to get versions of weapons from symaris)

Currently 532 people think that Warframe is not a dating sim?! How odd.

As for the "less common" weapons question, it's a bit misleading. These weapons are unpopular because there are better alternatives. Once a syndicate version is added, that's simply another weapon that's better than the "less common" one. Sometimes the improvement is so great that it becomes favourite in its category (Rakta Cernos comes to mind) but that does nothing for the original! With the exception of the highly controversial Hek, syndicate weapons supersede their originals without fail, which reduces some otherwise unique weapon (Cephalon family for example) to "mastery fodder".

Though by now it's late for that, I think that syndicates should either offer unique weapons, or only skins for existing ones. Unpopular weapons could perhaps be made more attractive with mods instead, though even that is questionable (if a mod is so good as to make you use a weapon you otherwise wouldn't, then in a way you're equipping the mod, and not the weapon, which is a bit sad).