Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[WARFRAME CONCEPT] Emty the Tormented

Nickorish

Hello everyone! Nickorish, back at it again. I've got a lot of warframe ideas floating around, and so I post them when I can type them out. Anyways, I wanted to make a frail caster frame that can deal CC enemies at a safe distance and deal with those who get to close. While not offering much in the way of team utility, Emty pumps out various forms of damage with various forms of CC. The theme of Emty is "emotionally destroyed/depression". A similar vein to Valkyr, though manifested in a different way. Please let me know what you guys think and any improvements that could be made because this is a rough draft, as always. Any suggestions or comments are welcome and will be taken into consideration. I present to you Emty the Tormented.

Codex Entry: Emty has been hurt beyond belief. Her inner pain and struggle is more than any Tenno could ever handle. How long until she breaks, Tenno?

Name Inspiration: "Empty" - "p" = "Emty"

Warframe Stats:
Health: 100 (250 at level 30)
Shield: 150 (350 at level 30)
Armor: 15
Energy: 100 (225 at level 30)
Sprint Speed: 1

Polarities:
Naramon x2
Naramon (Aura Slot)

------------------------------------

Passive: Endless Agony
Emty has a 5% increased duration at the cost of 5% movement speed.

First Ability: Sorrow (25 energy)
Emty unleashes her sorrow and sadness at an enemy. The enemy is inflicted with a percentage of her sadness, losing the will to live and fight, thus slowing them. Enemies around the target are affected by the change of their ally, and are also slowed. The enemy on which Sorrow was cast takes mental damage, slowly destroying the enemy from the inside out.

Emty channels her sadness and fires an orb at an enemy, initially dealing cold and slowing them, and then taking toxin damage over time. Enemies within range of the afflicted enemy are also slowed, though for a lesser amount.

Sorrow Range: 20/30/40/50 meters
Sorrow Initial Damage: 150/200/250/300 cold damage
Sorrow Damage over Time: 50/75/75/100 toxin damage/second
Sorrow Slow Duration: 5/9/12/15 seconds
Sorrow Slow Amount: 20%/30%/40%/50%
Sorrow Secondary Slow Range: 3/5/7/8 meters
Sorrow Secondary Slow Amount: 10%/15%/20%/25%

Augment: Hatred
Emty unleashes her hatred at an additional enemy. This affected enemy suffers a fire proc and fire damage at 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% of Sorrow's Cold damage. The enemy also suffers corrosive at 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% of Sorrow's Toxin damage over time. (ex. One enemy is affected by Sorrow and another separate enemy is affected by Emty's hatred.)

Second Ability: Inner Prison (50 energy)
Emty manifests her trapped and frantic inner thoughts on enemies, physically locking them down and making them feel her desperate attempts to escape her own prison. The enemies locked down are released after a time, attacking those who are trying to help them for the duration of the ability.

Emty casts Inner Prison on a group of enemies, rooting them in place for a short period of time. Once freed from their rooted state, enemies affected by Inner Prison suffer radiation procs and attack their allies for the duration of Inner Prison. After the root is over, the enemies also take radiation damage over time.

Inner Prison Cast Range: 16/24/32/40 meters
Inner Prison Range: 5/7/9/10 meters
Inner Prison Duration: 8/10/12/14 seconds (this includes the root duration)
Inner Prison Root Duration: 3/4/5/6 seconds
Radiation Damage: 200/300/400/500 radiation damage/second

Augment: Frantic Escape
Enemies within Inner Prison have a 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% chance to break free from the root 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% early, taking 1000/1300/1600/1900/2200 slash damage in the process, on top of 25%/30%/40%/45%/50% of the radiation damage over time those still trapped with suffer. (ex. an enemy that escapes from a max rank Frantic Escape takes 2200 slash damage along with 250 radiation damage/second for 11 seconds instead of the normal 8 seconds)

Third Ability: Suffocation (50 energy per cast, 3 energy/second while active)
Emty feels the world crashing in around her, making her feel suffocated. Her panic infects enemies around her, making them feel the same, except it is actually happening. The enemies are slowly suffocated, damaged by Emty's inner turmoil made real. 

Emty creates an aura around her, dealing gas damage upon cast and toxin damage as long to all enemies within the aura, also ragdolling enemies within range of the initial cast and that enter the aura.

Suffocation Radius: 10/15/20/25 meters
Initial Gas Damage: 750/900/1100/1300 gas damage
Damage over Time: 200/300/400/500 toxin damage
Energy Increase Cost per Enemy: .2/.3/.4/.5 energy per enemy (capped at an extra 3 energy/second) (affected by duration AND efficiency)

Fourth Ability: Broken (100 energy)
Emty can no longer take the pain and finally breaks, letting out a heart wrenching shriek, breaking the enemies defenses and causing them to stumble away from her. Enemies closest to her take the brunt of the blow as it goes forth from Emty.

Emty shrieks, shredding enemy armor/shields and dealing slash damage to enemies based on their proximity to Emty. Enemies closest to Emty are staggered and enemies farther away stumble.

Duration of Broken: 10/20/30 seconds
Radius of Broken: 7/10/12 meters
Inner Radius of Broken: 3/4/5 meters
Out Radius of Broken: 4/6/7 meters
Armor/Shield Debuff of Inner Radius: 50%/60%/70% (affected by strength, capped at 95%)
Armor/Shield Debuff of Outer Radius: 25%/35%/40% (affected by strength, capped at 60%)
Damage of Inner Radius: 3000/4000/5000 slash damage
Damage of Outer Radius: 1600/2000/2500 slash damage

Augment: Shattered
Enemies within a 1/1/1.5/1.5/2 meter radius have their armor/shields completely stripped for  50%/60%/75%/90%/100% of Broken, and damage is dealt in a cone behind the enemy affected by Shattered. The damage is equal to 50%//60%/75%/90%100% of the Shattered enemy's armor/shield that was stripped. (ex. An enemy with 100 armor, when affected by Shattered, loses 100% of their armor and deals 100 damage behind the enemy)

If you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to check out my idea!

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Emty... like Empty?

I don't really like edge themed characters in video games.

Yes, Emty like Empty. The name inspiration explained that. :P

I can understand where you are coming from. Please understand I am not trying to come across as some edgy person, I just wanted to have another frame similar in theme to Valkyr's theme, and went more for the emotional side instead of physical side.

8 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

So basically the bastard child of Stalker and Valkyr... Who isn't Angst.

Valkyr's pain, yes, but emotionally. As for the Stalker, the anger and hatred, only manifested in inner struggle and directed at enemies. As for the Acolytes...well, they all have their own "Edge master" names, so I was trying to distance myself from them. But an interesting observation, and that would make for some wicked art.