Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard trolling issues in Sortie.

Mardana

Yesterday, I decided to play Sortie to bet my chance on getting one of Sortie rewards, and the 2nd mission was Radiation Hazard.

I played it five times, and succeeded on fifth trial as Limbo because I banished the Def target and rift myself as well, because those trials, including fifth, Ash / Ash Prime players tend to walk into Radiation cloud on purpose, then "LOOK DIRECTLY" at other players and unleash blade storm to begin enemy and friendly slaughters.

Four times I failed because the Defense target died, I tried to revive it but Ash / Ash Prime players who got Radiation proc just blade storm and killed me and other friendlies who wanted to revive the target.

Please remove Radiation Hazard from Sortie missions, or restrict frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage from Radiation Hazard missions.

This griefing issue must be solved, it makes the gaming experience bad and awful. 

#EDIT: It seems the 2nd paragraph wasn't clear enough with "frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage"

I'll be clear this time, what I meant were those high-damaging AoE, or simply high-damaging frames and weaponry. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Ember, Saryn, Volt, Rhino, Wukong, Frost, anyone else that can deal high dmg with their normal abilities and ulfitmate ones. Weaponry like Orgis, Simulor, Penta, Tonkor, any high-damaging AoE weaponry like those.

Edited by Mardana

10 minutes ago, Mardana said:

Please remove Radiation Hazard from Sortie missions, or restrict frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage from Radiation Hazard missions.

I'm sorry but the second part of this is laughable.
Because honestly, if we try to restrict frames and weaponry that can cause "lethal and severe damage" from being equippable in a radiation sortie how are we ever going to deal with enemies at that level?

I can understand your grief at being trolled but there are a few ways around this:
-Play with friends/clanmates/people you trust
-Put those ash players on ignore list and you wont be matched with them in the future
-Go into recruiting chat and make sure to not recruit an ash/other AoE frame

Simple fact is that not all of those playing those frames are trolls.
I had an Ash that used his teleport with the augment to just brutally murder the enemies he just teleported between really quickly.
I had a Saryn that used the spore augment to increase our damage.
I had a Frost that used his Ice Wave carefully and his snowglobe for clutch revivals.
Either of those frames could have also been horrible, such as Saryn spreading her spores to enemies and allies for massive damage, or the Ash BSing the team, or the Frost spamming Avalanche.  But they weren't.  So I really don't see a reason to completely block those frames.

There are ways to 100% avoid the trolls/griefers in those types of missions.
You just have to use them.

Also I don't see a reason to block weapons either.
I mean, sure is the Ignis the best choice?  Not usually.
But lets be honest, I could use the Soma Prime and kill you faster if I wanted to troll with that rather than the ignis.
Same thing can be said about using any of the launchers in those mission types.  I can always find another weapon to troll with that would be just as bad.

Edited by Tsukinoki

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

If you succeeded at the 5th try by thinking it over, why would it be removed?

Next time, you will succeed at your 1st try, so i don't see where is the issue here.

Not everyone has Limbo, think about ones who don't have him.

I would never set foot in a Radiation Hazard mission with pugs. There are way too many dudebros who think teamkilling is amusing and/or that it makes them big shots, "MLG" etc.

I feel your pain, OP, but Radiation Hazard is one of the few conditions that actually requires a different playstyle than usual, instead of just being a straight-up gear check like the enemy elemental/physical enhancement missions.

Just now, Mardana said:

That's the problem here, you can't match with someone that never use Ash on Sortie.

Use the recruiting chat.
Problem solved!

Its really that easy.
You can say "Recruiting for Sortie, No Ash/Saryn/Etc"

You aren't being forced to rely on randoms.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Use the recruiting chat.
Problem solved!

Its really that easy.

It will never be solved like that easily, you know how bad this community is.

2 minutes ago, Mardana said:

I use recruiting chat quite often when I don't feel like just pugging it.

It does work that easily.

Sure it can take a little bit of time and a few reposts of the message, but it does work that easily.

You're acting like you're being forced to use pugs for the sortie with absolutely no way to deal with it.

You have:
-Friends
-Clanmates
-Recruiting chat
-Recruiting forums on the web (there are a few Warframe LFG forums/sites)
-Solo

Don't act like you have to pug it and that there is literally no other way to play the sortie missions.
And if you're just going to keep insisting on ignoring the tools that will allow you to avoid the trolling then no one here can help you.

4 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Use the recruiting chat.
Problem solved!

Its really that easy.

Ain't nobody got time fo' recruitment chat.

With my friend, I think it took like between 8 and 10 attempts before going past the FIRST wave. And we certainly tried to recruit, mind you. Amusingly enough, it's the very same match that we won. The main issue is that Sorties are just full of random idiots who don't use their brain and don't even realize that they're the responsible of the mission's failure.

As for Ash players, you can bet 10 bucks that most don't even realize that it's them who killed their team mates. Same goes for Saryn, Frost, and many, many, many other frames. Let alone melee players who swing around their Fragor Prime (or just anything brutal) carelessly.

In the end, we won thanks to : blessing Trinity Prime + Nezha + clever Frost + Nova.

And in the future, I'll ignore all these sortie leeches. Didn't know that ignoring also removed people from matchmaking.

59 minutes ago, Mardana said:

#EDIT: It seems the 2nd paragraph wasn't clear enough with "frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage"

I'll be clear this time, what I meant were those high-damaging AoE, or simply high-damaging frames and weaponry. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Ember, Saryn, Volt, Rhino, Wukong, Frost, anyone else that can deal high dmg with their normal abilities and ulfitmate ones. Weaponry like Orgis, Simulor, Penta, Tonkor, any high-damaging AoE weaponry like those.

A bit unrealistic. Most Warframes are unusable then.

I think you got lucky the fifth time because abilities do affect enemies in the rift. Lucky that not many players actually know how the rift works I guess.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Decondelite said:

And in the future, I'll ignore all these sortie leeches. Didn't know that ignoring also removed people from matchmaking.

While you usually won't be matched with them again it doesn't entirely remove them from your possible matchmaking lists, all it really does is put them, and the squads they are in, at the absolute bottom of the matchmaking lists for you.
If there are absolutely no other squads it can put you in you can still get grouped with people on your ignore list, but that's a last resort of the matchmaking system.

But if they are on your in game ignore list then chances are good you won't see them again unless both of you want to play on a practically dead node, or someone else invites them into a game you are in.

10 minutes ago, Mardana said:

Actually the forums are bad - redundant topics kicking the dead horse and internet police for mods make it so. The community is pretty solid. Go play LoL or CoD if you want to know a bad community. This game has it's share of arselords but I like the higher percentage being reasonable and helpful. Waypointing objects for other players (we need fragments to show they are fragments btw cause some people don't like to backtrack), making sure everyone grabs their 10  before they peace out in void missions or just something as commonplace as reviving others, or my personal favorite - answering questions new folks might have.

40 minutes ago, Mardana said:

Yesterday, I decided to play Sortie to bet my chance on getting one of Sortie rewards, and the 2nd mission was Radiation Hazard.

I played it five times, and succeeded on fifth trial as Limbo because I banished the Def target and rift myself as well, because those trials, including fifth, Ash / Ash Prime players tend to walk into Radiation cloud on purpose, then "LOOK DIRECTLY" at other players and unleash blade storm to begin enemy and friendly slaughters.

Four times I failed because the Defense target died, I tried to revive it but Ash / Ash Prime players who got Radiation proc just blade storm and killed me and other friendlies who wanted to revive the target.

I sometimes encounter guys who have this happen but most of the time it isn't deliberate, they just happen to be mash 4 players who have no situational awareness. Past the first or second game I would have just kept moving until I found a game without an Ash. Generally this is what you sign up for with sorties and some people are going to take frames that aren't tailored for the job and some aren't even going to read the description before going in. Look at the amount of Frosts going into defence missions when it's a moving target or folks who can't read SNIPER ONLY before beginning. You just get some bad games and high level play in most games just happens to go that way. Unfortunate this happened to you but radiation hazards already got a fix to only work within particular clouds rather than randomly chiming in like other environmental hazards and yes, it sucks when it effects other players but frankly I'm fine with it - sometimes Billy is just going to spill the grape juice on momma's new carpet.

12 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Wait until you play vs duration-build Nyx XD

Better(?) idea: Radial Disarm Loki. Have fun with melee.

Congratulations, you are a terrible person......

Edited by Guest

Just now, Mardana said:

Not everyone has Limbo, think about ones who don't have him.

Sorties are supposed to test the diversity of your arsenal, they are not supposed to be easy for everyone. The fact that people are annoyed by them means that they work.

Sometimes you just brainfart.
A couple of days ago i forgot i was in a radiation hazard sortie. Went down for the first time in the easiest sortie ever. Smartly decide to shoot near my teammates to claim their attention. Kill one of them while the others run in fear of my Marelok.

Sometimes you just brainfart.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed profanity and racist slur