Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard trolling issues in Sortie.

Mardana

"Just fix this ash problem and trolling is solved!"

Now to just stop nyx from mind-controlling enemies long after the wave should be over, frost from placing little bubbles over interception points to protect the enemies, or flinging the operative across the map with a large globe, speed novas from making things even more dangerous, loki switch-teleporting players, valkyr riplining you into pits, max-range low-strength banshees keeping enemies in their spawns in defence, equinox raging enemies, hydroid hiding enemies in his puddle, zephyr and inaros throwing things around so they're harder to hit, mag blocking your shots with useless magnetise bubbles and/or putting them on the target, vauban putting bounce pads everywhere...

Edited by SaurusRex
I can't spell booben

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

You can ignore them, report them, send a ticket or at least kill them yourself. And there are frames and mod in the game, which can protct you.

Yes, and therefore, Abusive mechanisms should stay in the game and you will oppose anyone who wants the developers to fix or do something about it. Totally logical. /s

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

Sorties are missions with high difficulty and they supposed to be hard.

A mission being hard does not give the mission a free pass to have a mechanism that can be abused not only to troll other players, but to fail the mission on purpose.

13 hours ago, ShortCat said:

You can ignore them, report them, send a ticket or at least kill them yourself. And there are frames and mod in the game, which can protct you.

Sorties are missions with high difficulty and they supposed to be hard. They have a hidden gear-check, players with wide arsenal will have less troubles. Even if your arsenal is small, you do have friends? A clan? A recruitchat?

Noone turned back on you. My posts alone are enough to help you, but you reject a lot of suggestions. And now you are just salty that community is of another opinion and our answers are not what you expected - pity and a strong shoulder to whine. Grow up.

Funny how people like you give suggestions while trying to trigger others by calling them Salty or whiney. Really? We don't need someone like you to bash on me like this and anyone else. I am glad with your suggestions, but not with your pathetic analysis.

Please, remind you, remove your "I don't have the issue, so must be everyone else." The griefing issue is still there.

16 hours ago, Pocalypse said:

???

My thoughts exactly, the OP reminds me of those people who get mad at something in the game and then immediately ask for it to be 'removed' instead of figuring out how to address the challenge and how to have fun with it.

Your thoughts are easy refined, and lack of the crucial point I was talking about. It's about Trolling issues, not about dificulty or whatsoever missions I couldn't beat.

It's the Trolls that will stop you from completing Radiation Hazard missions, not because it's too hard. So read my 1st article again, before you want to join others without reading issues I have pointed out.

17 hours ago, KIREEK said:

If you succeeded at the 5th try by thinking it over, why would it be removed?

Next time, you will succeed at your 1st try, so i don't see where is the issue here.

ash can kill banished people. So can most frames with a damaging ability. The only real solution is to do not do them in public.

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

ash can kill banished people. So can most frames with a damaging ability. The only real solution is to do not do them in public.

Best way is just simply remove Radiation clouds since people dislike the idea of removing Radiation Hazard, which this could also fix the trolling issues since Loki can disarm half map of enemies if he gets total 235% range mods, then I will be fine with accidentally friendly fires.

14 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Sorties are missions with high difficulty and they supposed to be hard.

Wow. I'm loving this.

"there's a mechanic in this mission that easily allows trolls to deliberately fail the mission."

"Well, it's supposed to be hard."

Is this really our model for challenge in warframe?

18 hours ago, Mardana said:

It will never be solved like that easily, you know how bad this community is.

lol Dude, Warframe has one of the best online communities there is. lol... If thats what you think, you don't engage the community enough to make that statement.

@OP, I know ya pain - even Quiette Shy recently made a YT-Video about this issue.

Tried it with 6 - 7 different random teams. Got team-killed several times together with the operative and other team mates till the mission failed or half of the players or me quitted.

19 hours ago, Decondelite said:

In the end, we won thanks to : blessing Trinity Prime + Nezha + clever Frost + Nova.

My day-saving team was: Frost, Frost, EV-Trin, Nova.

Edited by radastir

1 hour ago, Neyo5611 said:

lol Dude, Warframe has one of the best online communities there is. lol... If thats what you think, you don't engage the community enough to make that statement.

I did, and that's why I have bones to leave a result like that.

I solved this problem by playing all radiation missions solo...

But there is still an issue.If the hostage gets downed inside a radiation globe is impossible to revive him. Even with a Max Arcane Healing ,I still get irradiated and the hostage dies...

...unless I'm missing something...

Edited by _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_

I had a random join me in the MobDef sortie mission yesterday. I was waiting for more players but he stormed off and activated the first node so we went to defend. He went down a ways away from the console, I revived and got back asap. Then I got dropped and the console started taking damage. He... He revived his cat. His g'damn kavat. He didn't defend the console, he didn't revive me, he revived the cat. We failed before I even finished bleeding out.

You might think he was a newb? No, MR16.

Some people are just dumb. No two ways about it. Break squad and try again. The sorties are meant to be challenging. Some are more so than others. Some are absurd (I'm just waiting for a melee-only kela mission). But in the end we play them to be challenged, right?

7 minutes ago, ACorpse said:

I had a random join me in the MobDef sortie mission yesterday. I was waiting for more players but he stormed off and activated the first node so we went to defend. He went down a ways away from the console, I revived and got back asap. Then I got dropped and the console started taking damage. He... He revived his cat. His g'damn kavat. He didn't defend the console, he didn't revive me, he revived the cat. We failed before I even finished bleeding out.

You might think he was a newb? No, MR16.

Some people are just dumb. No two ways about it. Break squad and try again. The sorties are meant to be challenging. Some are more so than others. Some are absurd (I'm just waiting for a melee-only kela mission). But in the end we play them to be challenged, right?

Heh heh, I saw you complaining about that in alliance chat last night. It's still funny today.  :)

The whole point of Radiation missions is to SPECIFICALLY make players THINK about what abilities they use, otherwise they will kill other players.

If they don't wipe a team with Blade Storm or other AoE abilities, they can do it with a Tonkor, or Penta or a Simulors.

You are meant to play more carefully, or go solo or get friends. If you are unwilling to do any of that for "special missions", I fail to see why DE has to put training wheels on your Frames and hold your hand through the mission.

Don't do the missions. Problem fixed. The problem is lack of willingness to spend time preparing, and that is not DE's fault. You want to use randoms, then go in expecting random results.

10 hours ago, _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_ said:

But there is still an issue.If the hostage gets downed inside a radiation globe is impossible to revive him. Even with a Max Arcane Healing ,I still get irradiated and the hostage dies...

...unless I'm missing something...

Use Oberon and place a hallowed ground inside the bubble. You'll still be damaged but never get a proc.

Otherwise use a warframe specter-- they can revive the defense target (albeit at half hp) and they also revive them faster than you, as a player, do. Specters don't get stopped by the radiation.