Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard trolling issues in Sortie.

Mardana

When trinity was about to get a nerf and everyone knew, everyone was pointing at her like it was the cause of everyone's misfortune.

Now that everyone knows ash gets rework. Lets blame everything on Ash frame.

Friendly fire can cause severe damage not only by Ash's blade storm, there are other frames that can instantly one shot you when someone gets radiation proc from the hazard. So far there are hundreds of topics made about Ash already, every time when i log in there are 3-4 topics regarding Ash. Blame something else that people use. There is absolutely no way you got 5 times in a row Ash. At least i never saw one using him for a long time.

Back to the topic: People asking for a challenge, DE gives them a "challenge" yea exactly... "Challenge" which i wouldn't actually call a challenge. Besides, you could easily join a clan or recruit people from the recruit tab instead of matchmaking.

53 minutes ago, Mardana said:

Yesterday, I decided to play Sortie to bet my chance on getting one of Sortie rewards, and the 2nd mission was Radiation Hazard.

I played it five times, and succeeded on fifth trial as Limbo because I banished the Def target and rift myself as well, because those trials, including fifth, Ash / Ash Prime players tend to walk into Radiation cloud on purpose, then "LOOK DIRECTLY" at other players and unleash blade storm to begin enemy and friendly slaughters.

Four times I failed because the Defense target died, I tried to revive it but Ash / Ash Prime players who got Radiation proc just blade storm and killed me and other friendlies who wanted to revive the target.

Please remove Radiation Hazard from Sortie missions, or restrict frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage from Radiation Hazard missions.

This griefing issue must be solved, it makes the gaming experience bad and awful. 

There is no griefing issue, in fact radiation hazard is one of the interesting modifiers in sorties. As soon as you understand that not the enemies, but your teammates can become the biggest issue, you already completed half of the mission.

There are some measures you can take:

• leave big AoE toys in your arsenal, so that you won't kill teammates
  • equip mods which either reduce proc duration like Rapid Resilience or Diamond Skin
  • surprisingly enough, Oberon shines here, due to proc immunity on his #2

I think you are that salty, due to recent Grineer Def Sortie. Did it with my Oberon and despite there was a S.Simulor Mirage on the team, she managed to kill the whole team only once over the course of the mission.

There is no need to be that negative, think about the mission and use appropriate tools. And please don't cry for changes because you failed a few times. Where is the fun if you overcome every hurdle on the first try?

55 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

No ash, I mean bladestorm players are just not as smart as the rest of the community 

???

58 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I'm sorry but the second part of this is laughable.
Because honestly, if we try to restrict frames and weaponry that can cause "lethal and severe damage" from being equippable in a radiation sortie how are we ever going to deal with enemies at that level?

I can understand your grief at being trolled but there are a few ways around this:
-Play with friends/clanmates/people you trust
-Put those ash players on ignore list and you wont be matched with them in the future
-Go into recruiting chat and make sure to not recruit an ash/other AoE frame

Simple fact is that not all of those playing those frames are trolls.
I had an Ash that used his teleport with the augment to just brutally murder the enemies he just teleported between really quickly.
I had a Saryn that used the spore augment to increase our damage.
I had a Frost that used his Ice Wave carefully and his snowglobe for clutch revivals.
Either of those frames could have also been horrible, such as Saryn spreading her spores to enemies and allies for massive damage, or the Ash BSing the team, or the Frost spamming Avalanche.  But they weren't.  So I really don't see a reason to completely block those frames.

There are ways to 100% avoid the trolls/griefers in those types of missions.
You just have to use them.

Also I don't see a reason to block weapons either.
I mean, sure is the Ignis the best choice?  Not usually.
But lets be honest, I could use the Soma Prime and kill you faster if I wanted to troll with that rather than the ignis.
Same thing can be said about using any of the launchers in those mission types.  I can always find another weapon to troll with that would be just as bad.

My thoughts exactly, the OP reminds me of those people who get mad at something in the game and then immediately ask for it to be 'removed' instead of figuring out how to address the challenge and how to have fun with it.

Edited by Pocalypse

What is wrong with people?

Why are you suggesting -

Use Recruitment chat - That is not a solution, it is merely a work around. One of the things that I hate about Warframe is the recruitment process or the lack of it. Why can we not join randomly? Why do we always wait 10 minutes trying to recruit people every time we want to do something? Sortie? Recruit. Void? Recruit. LoR? Recruit (with added frustration). Derelict? Recruit.

Play Solo - Why? I want to play with people. Anything wrong in that? If I wanted to play Solo, I would play Wither 3.

Let's get this straight - If there is an opportunity of trolling, DE should fix it. So, stop suggesting work arounds and start asking DE to at least do something so that the mission does not fail. And if they can not, then remove the radiation proc sortie.

1 hour ago, Mardana said:

#EDIT: It seems the 2nd paragraph wasn't clear enough with "frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage"

I'll be clear this time, what I meant were those high-damaging AoE, or simply high-damaging frames and weaponry. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Ember, Saryn, Volt, Rhino, Wukong, Frost, anyone else that can deal high dmg with their normal abilities and ulfitmate ones. Weaponry like Orgis, Simulor, Penta, Tonkor, any high-damaging AoE weaponry like those.

This is still entirely unrealistic.
Especially for the frames.

Lets list the frames that can do high damage AoE abilities, or other abilities that stand a good chance of ruining a Radiation Sortie mission if misused:
-Ash (Bladstorm)
-Banshee (don't ignore her massive soundquake area in this recard, and silence can stagger, and even her sonar would be deadly to the group)
-Ember (Accelerant, World on Fire, Fire blast)
-Equinox (Rest and Rage would both severely hurt the defense target and other players, Pacify would render allies unable to hurt anyone, Maim is obvious)
-Excalibur (Radial Javelin and his Ultimate would shred teams)
-Frost (His globe, Avalanache, Ice Wave)
-Hydroid (Tempest Barrage, Tentacles, Puddle)
-Inaros (scarab swarm and/or sandstorm.  Even his Devour would let a troll really troll the group)
-Loki (Radial Disarm staggers + drains all energy from allies)
-Mag (Polarize, Magnetize, Crush)
-Mesa (Peacemaker, shooting gallery)
-Mirage (HoM, Sleight of Hand, Prism)
-Nova (AMD, M-Prime, and Null Stars are a gauranteed stagger + damage)
-Nyx (Long duration chaos and no one can revive anyone else!)
-Oberon (sure his carpet can be used to prevent and remove the radiation procs (small tip is to bring an oberon to radiation sorties as he makes them easy) but his ult can seriously hurt frames caught in it)
-Rhino (Stomp)
-Saryn (Spores, Miasma, Decoy)
-Valkyr (warcry's slow effect when set for maximum duration and high strength would lead to a party wipe easily)
-Vauban (Bastille?  Vortex?  His mines?  Hek even Tesla would be dangerous to tenno levels of health)
-Volt (Discharge, shock)
-Wukong (only his ult though)
-Zephyr (Tornadoes start as magnetic damage, and turbulence would make it impossible to hit enemies near Zephyr)

This leaves us with only these frames matching your criteria:
-Atlas (even then if his first ability homes in on you, then you're going down)
-Chroma (hopefully he doesn't use his ultimate)
-Ivara (even then her ult would let her take out the group too easily and might even fall inside of your criteria)
-Limbo
-Nekros (If he is a SotD build then he can still cause the party to be wiped by buffed up shadows)
-Nezha (Even then his Ultimate and FireWalker can easily hurt the rest of the party)
-Trinity (And then you just have to worry about Link...)

So only 7 frames would ever be playable in radiation sortie missions according to your overly broad criteria and how pretty much any frame could match it, and even then 6 of those 7 could still easily kill the party or the objective.

Honestly the only "safe" frame according to your overly broad criteria is Limbo.

As to your weapons:
If I wanted to troll the party I wouldn't need AoE weapons to do it, I could do it just as easily by accident by sweeping my Soma Prime over a crowd of enemies and not seeing my radiation procced ally (or getting radiation procced myself) and downing my team.
Or any continous fire weapon.
Or any long range melee weapon (whips with primed Reach or staff weapons with the same).
Simple fact is that you can't realistically limit those weapons down.

As to just removing the condition entirely: Why?
Its one of the few sortie conditions that isn't a pure gear check and actually requires a small amount of skill and teamwork to get it done.
I don't want to remove the only thing in the game that requires that.

26 minutes ago, Madho said:

Better(?) idea: Radial Disarm Loki. Have fun with melee.

Congratulations, you are a terrible person......

RD staggers and forces a magnetic proc on frames.
So you just have to deal with a stagger and losing all energy and 75% of shields.

8 minutes ago, NN13 said:

What is wrong with people?

Why are you suggesting -

Use Recruitment chat - That is not a solution, it is merely a work around. One of the things that I hate about Warframe is the recruitment process or the lack of it. Why can we not join randomly? Why do we always wait 10 minutes trying to recruit people every time we want to do something? Sortie? Recruit. Void? Recruit. LoR? Recruit (with added frustration). Derelict? Recruit.

Play Solo - Why? I want to play with people. Anything wrong in that? If I wanted to play Solo, I would play Wither 3.

Let's get this straight - If there is an opportunity of trolling, DE should fix it. So, stop suggesting work arounds and start asking DE to at least do something so that the mission does not fail. And if they can not, then remove the radiation proc sortie.

Sorties are supposed to be higher end game content that requires skills and working with your team.
They aren't supposed to be something you can just roflstomp without any care or worry in the world.

Its actually good that a sortie encourages you to actually find a suitable team and suitable weapons.
In fact I think there should be more sortie types that encourage that.

And honestly you only ever need to recruit for Radiation Sorties.  The rest are easy enough any team composition can do them.

So I don't see why you are so against having a mission type that actually encourages thinking.

There isn't anything wrong with a mission type that causes people to stop and think "Maybe I should get a team together for this"  Because that is what high end missions are supposed to do.

And regardless it's simply not possible for DE to remove all ways of trolling.  I can think of over half a dozen ways to easily troll a party even without radiation conditions.  So don't try to hide behind "It should be remove because of a few trolls!!!!!" because then I could say the same thing about half of the mission types in game.

Edited by Tsukinoki

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Its actually good that a sortie encourages you to actually find a suitable team and suitable weapons.
In fact I think there should be more sortie types that encourage that.

And honestly you only ever need to recruit for Radiation Sorties.  The rest are easy enough any team composition can do them.

Actually you don't. Pick a Valkyr or Wukong and you can easily avoid trolling, or pick a Limbo if you're protecting the operative. Or else you'll have to compensate with CC or damage. It's pretty unnecessary to find a specific team. Also, Frost with globe build can also help a lot.

Just now, Madho said:

Actually you don't. Pick a Valkyr or Wukong and you can easily avoid trolling, or pick a Limbo if you're protecting the operative. Or else you'll have to compensate with CC or damage. It's pretty unnecessary to find a specific team. Also, Frost with globe build can also help a lot.

I know you never really "need" to use recruitment or anything.
Its just that radiation sortie is the only mission type that encourages it and the type that might lead the most players to recruiting specific teams.

I know how easily it can still be done in pugs with the right frame and weapon setup on yourself to handle whatever trolling people try throwing at you.

@ OP : really bad luck that you got matched with so many trolls in a row, i replayed it after completing the 3 sorties cus i liked that def mode, and even if during my many runs i got an ash troll who rushed in a radiation cloud, targeted us, nuked and left us bleeding out, i want to also point out one of my best runs was the last one before sortie reset, and i got teamed with an ash player, only 2 of us  but it was the most enjoyable defense that day, i was running a 30m shooting gallery we covered half the map each more or less, for 90% of the time the grineers clowns were jammed, he had the invis augment to cloak the operator and myself and it was just a matter of picking the stunjammed enemies with our weapons of choice, a BS here and there and a peacemaker swipe every now and then and it worked like a charm, hope you have better luck next time but with some very little brain you can actually get to see some real nice teamworks in that particular sortie when you have to think first before wiping out the map under friendly fire lol.

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Not everyone has Limbo, think about ones who don't have him.

I use wukonk, in offensive mode with sinoid simulor and i sometimes end up killing things like the operator and other teammates, i still come out of the mission with the operator alive, i, like you, tought what could i make to improve the issue since sometimes players killed me (mostly ash), so i bring something that can't die if properly used.

My first atempt to do the Sorties yesturday i was with Mag Prime, there was also a Nyx, frost and ASH on the team. As any ash players with Press4 skillz did, he basically spent the whole mission using BladeStorm. He killed me twice since i was the one within range and finally about 10 min into the mission, he managed to kill the whole team including the hostage. He was very close to us when it happened and the guy didnt even to try in resurrect us until the hostage had only 1 second left and even so he went on to ress another player instead of the hostage so mission failed. My second atempt glady had no Ash in the team and i went as trinity to help keep my team alive.

Ok, I had enough with people like calling me salty or whatever.

Let me get this straight, the griefing issue "IS THERE", and "MUST BE DONE" with something.

Again, not everyone has Oberon, Limbo, Valkry that has ocean-like energy to use with her ult. Think about people that just really want to complete Sortie and get rewards, stop bashing on me and denying my facts that there are griefing issues. Think about those players, not me, I am speaking for myself and for those who probably still suffering the greifing of unstoppable friendly fires and can never finish the mission.

But you all turned your back on those players with your "I don't have the issue, so must be everyone else", what do you care?

Edited by Mardana

Yesterday, I decided to play Sortie to bet my chance on getting one of Sortie rewards, and the 2nd mission was Radiation Hazard.

I played it five times, and succeeded on fifth trial as Limbo because I banished the Def target and rift myself as well, because those trials, including fifth, Ash / Ash Prime players tend to walk into Radiation cloud on purpose, then "LOOK DIRECTLY" at other players and unleash blade storm to begin enemy and friendly slaughters.

Four times I failed because the Defense target died, I tried to revive it but Ash / Ash Prime players who got Radiation proc just blade storm and killed me and other friendlies who wanted to revive the target.

Please remove Radiation Hazard from Sortie missions, or restrict frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage from Radiation Hazard missions.

This griefing issue must be solved, it makes the gaming experience bad and awful. 

#EDIT: It seems the 2nd paragraph wasn't clear enough with "frames and weaponry that can cause lethal and severe damage"

I'll be clear this time, what I meant were those high-damaging AoE, or simply high-damaging frames and weaponry. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Ember, Saryn, Volt, Rhino, Wukong, Frost, anyone else that can deal high dmg with their normal abilities and ulfitmate ones. Weaponry like Orgis, Simulor, Penta, Tonkor, any high-damaging AoE weaponry like those.

I would say, as others have... try to find people you can trust, like clanmates, alliance members or friends.

I have quite a few of the "trolling" Frames you listed, and generally save the wide area attacks for when I'm not glowing in the dark due to radiation, or am otherwise not likely to wind up with said proc.

16 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

There is no griefing issue, in fact radiation hazard is one of the interesting modifiers in sorties. As soon as you understand that not the enemies, but your teammates can become the biggest issue, you already completed half of the mission.

There are some measures you can take:

• leave big AoE toys in your arsenal, so that you won't kill teammates
  • equip mods which either reduce proc duration like Rapid Resilience or Diamond Skin
  • surprisingly enough, Oberon shines here, due to proc immunity on his #2

I think you are that salty, due to recent Grineer Def Sortie. Did it with my Oberon and despite there was a S.Simulor Mirage on the team, she managed to kill the whole team only once over the course of the mission.

There is no need to be that negative, think about the mission and use appropriate tools. And please don't cry for changes because you failed a few times. Where is the fun if you overcome every hurdle on the first try?

You have to be kidding. He's talking about how people abuse reliably available Confusion procs and you go on a rant how he's 'crying'. Yeah, right.

I have no idea why those not-at-all-thought-through clouds had to be implemented in the first place. It's pretty clear what can and will happen if you give players that kind of mechanic. And no, I have no problem dealing with this or the original Radiation Sortie. It's just another really bad design choice, plain and simple.

That said, no weapons or Frames should be restricted because of a badly implemented modifier. If you really wanted to grief, you would be able to do it with any modded weapon, so, no restriction would solve anything. As a possible solution, those clouds could proc other Status effects instead, like the ones of Electricity or Magnetic, while enemies would still have a chance to proc Confusion.

5 minutes ago, Mardana said:

But you all turned your back on those players with your "I don't have the issue, so must be everyone else", what do you care?

Turned our backs? Since when did we fail to acknowledge the fact that it exists?

We were trying to provide alternate solutions to help you, because we know that your suggestion is unrealistic, unless they decide to remove rad proc sortie, which is highly unlikely. If you ain't taking it, fine, because we can't do a damn thing about it either.

7 minutes ago, Madho said:

Turned our backs? Since when did we fail to acknowledge the fact that it exists?

We were trying to provide alternate solutions to help you, because we know that your suggestion is unrealistic, unless they decide to remove rad proc sortie, which is highly unlikely. If you ain't taking it, fine, because we can't do a damn thing about it either.

Well, what we can do, though, is to discuss how those clouds weren't a needed addition in the first place which then created the whole problem. While it was possible to troll or grief before as well, you couldn't get procced in such a reliable manner and therefore, they should be changed to something that can't compromise other players.

5 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

Well, what we can do, though, is to discuss how those clouds weren't a needed addition in the first place which then created the whole problem 

Even if we were to remove the clouds, they'll still tank bullets and do the exact same thing. So the discussion about the existence of the clouds is worthless too.

39 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Sorties are supposed to be higher end game content that requires skills and working with your team.

Yes, but Sorties are not supposed to support trolling possibilities. If trolling possibilities = end game, that is plain stupid. Just because Sorties are supposed to hard does not give it a free pass to have a mechanism which can be used to troll other players.

41 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Yes, but it is not good to place a mechanism that can be abused for trolling. That is plain stupid game design. And it should be fixed.

42 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

The question is not about recruiting or using other work arounds. The question is fixing the mechanism. Can you guarantee that we won't get a troll after spending 10 minutes in recruiting? You can not.

44 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So I don't see why you are so against having a mission type that actually encourages thinking.

Thinking? What thinking? What am I about to think to play this particular mission? About how to stop other player from trolling? The only thing this mission encourages are trolls.

Warframe does not need thinking. It is all about min-maxing your gear and using the suitable frame for the situation at hand.

46 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And regardless it's simply not possible for DE to remove all ways of trolling.

But it is easy to identify the problem at least when millions of people are testing the game for DE. What is stopping them from doing something about it?

And why are you people against fixing the troll possibilities? It seems as if you people are the ones that actually troll others and therefore, against fixing the issue.

48 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I can think of over half a dozen ways to easily troll a party even without radiation conditions.

Then tell those to DE and ask DE to fix or remove the possibilities of trolling. That is exactly why we are in Beta still now.

49 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So don't try to hide behind "It should be remove because of a few trolls!!!!!"

So don't try to hide behind "Oh Sorties are supposed to be hard", "Oh it needs thinking", "Oh, Endgame". Mechanism that can be abused is not endgame, it is either a bad design or something developers overlooked. And as Beta players, it is our duty to report such issues to the devs so they can take proper measure.

All this talk over not allowing certain abilities...

Just remove the proc's ability to let us damage mission objectives that we otherwise can't touch. There's a limit to what we can do (short of removing radiation hazard entirely), and I think this is the first step.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

47 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

You have to be kidding. He's talking about how people abuse reliably available Confusion procs and you go on a rant how he's 'crying'. Yeah, right.

I have no idea why those not-at-all-thought-through clouds had to be implemented in the first place. It's pretty clear what can and will happen if you give players that kind of mechanic. And no, I have no problem dealing with this or the original Radiation Sortie. It's just another really bad design choice, plain and simple.

That said, no weapons or Frames should be restricted because of a badly implemented modifier. If you really wanted to grief, you would be able to do it with any modded weapon, so, no restriction would solve anything. As a possible solution, those clouds could proc other Status effects instead, like the ones of Electricity or Magnetic, while enemies would still have a chance to proc Confusion.

First of all, all my suggestions help agains trolls, especially the Oberon one. Furthermore, I don't think the situation was exactly as OP described, 5 times a troll in 5 different matches. To me it sounds more like some playeres didn't think too long and equiped Ash, because P42W meta, got hit by an enemie bullet, got radiated and killed his team. This can happen, I killed people and they killed me. Even if they do it on purpose, report them, send a ticket or at least kill them yourself. 

And now to you. No weapons are restricted, it just a sane move to think first and act afterwards. You can go full AoE-nuts in a premade team with Ash or S.Simulor Mirage, if you also pick an Oberon. This condition just ask the avarage player to be more perceptive of his environment and teammates. Damn, a mode that requires minimal amount of teamwork in a co-op game, but it's just my opinion right.

Ok, I had enough with people like calling me salty or whatever.

Let me get this straight, the griefing issue "IS THERE", and "MUST BE DONE" with something.

You can ignore them, report them, send a ticket or at least kill them yourself. And there are frames and mod in the game, which can protct you.

Again, not everyone has Oberon, Limbo, Valkry that has ocean-like energy to use with her ult. Think about people that just really want to complete Sortie and get rewards, stop bashing on me and denying my facts that there are griefing issues. Think about those players, not me, I am speaking for myself and for those who probably still suffering the greifing of unstoppable friendly fires and can never finish the mission.

Sorties are missions with high difficulty and they supposed to be hard. They have a hidden gear-check, players with wide arsenal will have less troubles. Even if your arsenal is small, you do have friends? A clan? A recruitchat?

Noone turned back on you. My posts alone are enough to help you, but you reject a lot of suggestions. And now you are just salty that community is of another opinion and our answers are not what you expected - pity and a strong shoulder to whine. Grow up.

1 hour ago, Madho said:

Even if we were to remove the clouds, they'll still tank bullets and do the exact same thing. So the discussion about the existence of the clouds is worthless too.

Nah, that's a completely different thing and not pulled off that easily. Most of those trolls will likely die in the process whereas the clouds are a way too 'safe' way to get procced.

21 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

First of all, all my suggestions help agains trolls, especially the Oberon one. Furthermore, I don't think the situation was exactly as OP described, 5 times a troll in 5 different matches. To me it sounds more like some playeres didn't think too long and equiped Ash, because P42W meta, got hit by an enemie bullet, got radiated and killed his team. This can happen, I killed people and they killed me. Even if they do it on purpose, report them, send a ticket or at least kill them yourself. 

And now to you. No weapons are restricted, it just a sane move to think first and act afterwards. You can go full AoE-nuts in a premade team with Ash or S.Simulor Mirage, if you also pick an Oberon. This condition just ask the avarage player to be more perceptive of his environment and teammates. Damn, a mode that requires minimal amount of teamwork in a co-op game, but it's just my opinion right.

And how exactly will it help against trolls who proc Confusion on themselves if I leave 'big AoE toys' in the arsenal or reduce my Status duration? Even as Oberon (or other Frames with the ability to nullify procs), you won't be able to throw Hallowed Ground under them every time to prevent something as fast as Blade Storm. Your advice is good in the way of how to play the actual mission but can't do anything about the possibility of griefing or to reduce it in any way. While I certainly think exaggerations were made by the OP, it doesn't change a thing about the actual issue. As for reporting, I don't really think it'll be that easy to deliver proof of someone doing this, so, it'll most likely be almost always in vain.

About weapons, I clearly said myself they shouldn't be restricted at all. The clouds won't ever add challenge to the Sortie unless there's someone actively abusing them. Getting procced by enemies is way more likely unless one deliberately runs in there just because. You sure can have your opinion about 'minimal amount of teamwork in a co-op game' but it has nothing to do with the issue since Oberon would've equally helped in the original Radiation Sortie.

3 hours ago, Mardana said:

Neither needs to happen but I agree the griefing with players purposely killing each other needs to be resolved.  Perhaps a bonus for least teammates dead by friendly fire, or a penalty for the reverse.

Personally I did that mission twice, first with saryn, mistake, I spored the operative, not from my rad proc, I molt out of it instantly but from his.

Second time I used penta and rhino, and none of my squad died to friendly fire or otherwise.  Frost is also good with snow globe, it isn't the weapons or the frame that are the problem it is players who take enjoyment from causing misery.