Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1

[DE]Megan

Rota Syandana looks really, really weird now. The colors are changed for Primary, Secondary and Tertiary and it just looks completely unmatching now, along with the new materials for Tertiary and the texture changes to Primary. It just looks seriously out of place now, and I can't make anything good out of it because it shines insanely *in the wrong colors* while looking "rugged" at the same time...

And to think that was the only syandana I felt really comfortable with putting on every one of my frames.

Edited by Rainbow_Dashu

34 minutes ago, Kastorius said:

I have; sometimes they teleport, and sometimes they don't. Seems to be buggy.

If that bug is fixed then this might actually be a nice buff.

Little update, at times I'll recast Shadows of the Dead 5-6 times in succession over the course of a minute or two and it will only refresh my Shadows that are many rooms away, on the way to extraction for example.

That's clearly inferior to the old functionality and if it's a bug, needs to be fixed at some point in the near future.

Apparently there's a 40-meter limit? Ha ha, yeah. Guess we'll have to walk into a nullifier whenever we need to recast while moving quickly.

Edited by Kastorius

Haven't tested it but I could see problems with enemy priority. Having a nullifier or 2 might be better then all bombards.

Also depending on how long desecrate takes it may be useless if molecular prime or ember or vortex's destroy said corpses too fast for it to work.

Then of course instead of spawning strong shadows it now heals weaker ones which might lose its scaling but scaling is gone without the old void anyhow.

Currently not home to test but it looks like a mixed bag of good and bad so I'll be eager to try it. This is just my thoughts currently.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed The Jordas Verdict not showing the proper Trial icon in the Codex.

Could you also look into stage 3? Last time my clan and a few mutual friends tried the Trial we failed on stage 3 with some message prior to the mission failure popping up saying "defeat all enemies, mission failure imminent!". 

We were progressing just fine. A few of us were throwing spores at Jordas to keep his engines low while others tried to navigate his insides. We intend to try again once my clan leader gets back from his vacation, so I would appreciate it not being infested by the same mission breaking bug. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The number of Shadows spawned has been reduced to 7 and is no longer affected by Mods. This is a necessary change for performance on all platforms. To compensate for this, Nekros now spawns stronger Shadows prioritized by heavy unites killed with Shield multiplier and draw aggro more heavily. 

That's sounds good, thanks for the update !

Another 20 minutes of testing. Same place, level 25, survival, Nekros. This time I used an old Desecrate build. Surprisingly, the shadows turned out to be no less capable at 40% power than on max power build, though much easier to maintain, serving mostly as a cheap distraction with small buffs to my shields or armor every now and then. The range is a bit too far for my liking, life support scattered all over the place. The next time I'll try to find a sweet spot between range and duration and I'm all set. I think we've found a master build already.

It's great to see changes for Nekros. I'm glad to know that the syndicate mods were taken into account with this frame update.
As if Nekros wasn't my favourite frame already... 
Perhaps we will finally see more Nekros players around...

Spoiler

Hush my poor little keyboard button nr. 3, as the end of thy suffering has draw near.
Embrace the freedom of toggle ability cast. May it as long as it is possible, last.

The biggest thing that bothers me about the desecrate change, is that with the old system, if desecrate failed to loot a corpse, the body still stayed there, and you could keep on casting until something popped out, theoretically making no corpse go to waste. But now, if the desecrate chance fails, there is no re-try. I understand where the 54% comes from, as the old desecrate had a 60% chance to loot health, with a 90% chance after that to loot items, so 0.6*0.9 comes out to 0.54. I think this should be balanced by bumping up the loot chance to something higher than 54%, but lower than 100%.

I have never used a SotD build, and I have never actually run into anyone who used Nekros for anything other than extra looting, so I think all the people who complain about SotD being nerfed are a small, but vocal, minority, and I have no opinion on that change.

I gotta say, I don't QUITE like the changes done to Nekros. Unless Shield of Shadows gets a small buff to it's base damage mitigation along with being affected by power mods, you now need an extra power mod to get the same mitigation which you did before; and not only that, but you now have to build for efficiency, range, and duration for Desecrate to be any good even if you're not building a loot-farm Nekros (Which I don't because that's boring). 

I like the direction you went with the changes to Desecrate, but the 10 energy cost PER ENEMY is insanely high. Especially compared to 50 before, when it affected however many were in range. Imagine for a second that you don't have efficiency mods. That means that a higher levels your energy pool is going to get drained in about 5 seconds if you have Desecrate on (And that's WITH Primed Flow, I now need to take that OUT in order to fit mods in properly.), and even if you do have efficiency mods, that changes to about 10 seconds. There are LOTS of enemies at mid-high levels. Now of course, you don't HAVE to have Desecrate on, but the problem with that is that the way this is built it almost discourages it from being on, and to be honest it's a very important tool in surivival for Nekros. (Not Survival the mission, but survival as in surviving, because it supplies you with Health and Energy, as well as Ammo for your weapons. [Before, you could play him with the Kohm which cut enemies up and gave you more parts to loot that way, and it supplied ammo for them, which made him very good for team-play and solo play]). Now with the mechanics of Desecrate, it's going to be VERY difficult to use the ability for more than a small period at a time, which, given that you turned it into a toggle, doesn't really seem like what you were going for. 

All of those things make Nekros extremely finicky to mod for now.

Edited by Akiryx

11 minutes ago, Akiryx said:

All of those things make Nekros extremely finicky to mod for now.

Actually, very easy. You set efficiency to 170 and the rest as you like. Power changes nothing. Duration barely matters. Too large a range scatters drops everywhere and drains you quite fast.

Edited by LABAL

Just now, LABAL said:

Actually, very easy. You set efficiency to 170 and the rest as you like. Power changes nothing. Duration barely matters. Too large a range scatters drops everywhere and drains you quite fast.

Not if you're building Shield of Shadows.. OR Creeping Terrify. Hence why I said I'm not building solely for Desecrate. l2read