Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.2

[DE]Megan

51 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

This is becoming true for more and more frames. These frames being, in many ways, so grossly overpowered that in no way can balanced, challenging content be introduced with their abilities intact as they exist.

That said, as frames are brought in line to reasonable levels of power, so to do enemies need to be. And that, is absolutely NOT happening. See Nullifiers, knockdown spam, auras, etc.

Now that the power in my complex is back on...

I was sold on what the game was originally based on and stayed for three years on and off. Take a good look at what changes they are making and you can see where it's headed. If they keep this up, it will feel like the warframes and operators switched places.

You call it grossly over powered... why? because the Devs told you that it was gorssly over powered. The entire idea behind Warframe was how powerful the warframes were. They defeated the Sentients, and destroyed the Orokin... But now we get wasted by bursas, nullifiers and Alad V?? LOL

I signed up for jedi-like space ninjas, not faries and cats and stickers and such. I don't care for the direction the game is headed.

27 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

Now that the power in my complex is back on...

I was sold on what the game was originally based on and stayed for three years on and off. Take a good look at what changes they are making and you can see where it's headed. If they keep this up, it will feel like the warframes and operators switched places.

You call it grossly over powered... why? because the Devs told you that it was gorssly over powered. The entire idea behind Warframe was how powerful the warframes were. They defeated the Sentients, and destroyed the Orokin... But now we get wasted by bursas, nullifiers and Alad V?? LOL

I signed up for jedi-like space ninjas, not faries and cats and stickers and such. I don't care for the direction the game is headed.

I think we need some enemies, even in regular waves, that can honestly test us. Now and then.

But canceling our powers shouldn't be something every second enemy can do. It's become a design crutch and a studio synonym for "challenge."

And it's killing the game.

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I think we need some enemies, even in regular waves, that can honestly test us. Now and then.

But canceling our powers shouldn't be something every second enemy can do. It's become a design crutch and a studio synonym for "challenge."

And it's killing the game.

I agree, I expected it to happen with the introduction of the Sentients. in my opinion, I think the Sentients are the only enemies currently that should truly be able to put warframes to the test. I thought that would've made for awesome "end game" content.

13 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

I agree, I expected it to happen with the introduction of the Sentients. in my opinion, I think the Sentients are the only enemies currently that should truly be able to put warframes to the test. I thought that would've made for awesome "end game" content.

But the actual, mechanical implementation of Sentient enemies didn't go do well.

In theory: they adapted to our attacks. How impossibly advanced and mighty.

In Practice: one element on each weapon, attack, switch. If any of those was a Vaykor Hek or Sanction Tigris, you probably won't reach the ...and switch BACK step.

Sentients are cool. In theory. But their spongy, outrageously high outbound damage implementation needs a bit of work.

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

But the actual, mechanical implementation of Sentient enemies didn't go do well.

In theory: they adapted to our attacks. How impossibly advanced and mighty.

In Practice: one element on each weapon, attack, switch. If any of those was a Vaykor Hek or Sanction Tigris, you probably won't reach the ...and switch BACK step.

Sentients are cool. In theory. But their spongy, outrageously high outbound damage implementation needs a bit of work.

Agreed, but the hype trailer was pretty cool.

13 hours ago, Karixolu said:

I don't play necros often, but I'm glad that now, he can run around, killing things, while ALSO desecrating.

He's not really my playstyle either, but fingers crossed for a PBR update when Nekros Prime comes around!

Unfortunately it's one of the few things I can't get myself to like anymore is the last few glossy, ceramic-looking Warframes via Nekros, Hydroid, Zephyr, Hydroid, etc (what I like to call Gen 2 Warframes haha~).

I'm glad in Zephyr's and Oberon's case, I use their Deluxe/Tennogen skin but I think once he gets a nice touch-up (or a completely new skin i.e. Deluxe and/or Tennogen) I'll definitely be playing him a bit more often. Especially since back when, I used to bring him via Shadows of the Dead Augment build when I felt like running 40 rounds of T3/T4 Defense lol c;

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

After more testing it was added back for balance purposes.

Balance ? Is that the correct phrase ? Because right now we have abilities for similar costs that last longer and do a lot more. Nekros gets 7 decoys. That's it. That's all. And faster than before they die and there are fewer. Watch a group of shadows try to kill their counterparts. How long do you think it takes them to kill their doubles. 5 seconds. 10 seconds. 15. Right now we have 7 decoys and having them stick around is not balanced. How horribly broken was having 15 for 30 seconds ? Was anyone calling it overpowered ? 

Give nekros a specialized unit.Or make his shadow a.i. more aggressive. Or make it not based on the duration stat. Maybe add some sort of shadow punch synergy where they explode. Or terrify speeds them up. Or. Something.   :( Because right now I have 7 decoys that I can move and heal and it is kind of disappointing. T.T

Edited by milesthefox

13 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Honestly I would rather have duration back then this life drain, it simply aweful. Me and my shadows are not always next to each other so I have to go find them to check up on their health. I don't play to babysit my minions. :/ We need a true lord of the undead not Nekros' shadows daycare services.

The Life drain is amazing. Using Despoil on my Nekros opens up so many possibilities, Like having 1430 Armour. At all times.
Perhaps try playing around with different builds. You'll be surprised what you find.

7 hours ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

The Life drain is amazing. Using Despoil on my Nekros opens up so many possibilities, Like having 1430 Armour. At all times.
Perhaps try playing around with different builds. You'll be surprised what you find.

Err, nekros is my most played warframe, I have tried every build in the book. To clarify, I am not saying I am not willing to adapt. I am just stating that i see a very obvious flaw in game design/balance that DE should address.

3 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Err, nekros is my most played warframe, I have tried every build in the book. To clarify, I am not saying I am not willing to adapt. I am just stating that i see a very obvious flaw in game design/balance that DE should address.

Then do not use the book.

Edited by Dod-Regnbue

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I do a ton experimenting on my own. I threw the book in the fire a long time ago. ;)

Hey, all I know is, Shields of Shadows is dead. It is all about the Despoil + Health Conversion, throw in Equilibrium for good measure. 

I also have maxed, Arcane Guardian and Barrier, which makes it even more fun.

13 minutes ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

Hey, all I know is, Shields of Shadows is dead. It is all about the Despoil + Health Conversion, throw in Equilibrium for good measure. 

I also have maxed, Arcane Guardian and Barrier, which makes it even more fun.

But doesn't arcane guardian add to just base armor? You are getting almost no armor boost at all. I tried a few ones, my buddy swears by arcane grace but have not tried it since the change to despoil that used to trigger it.

edit: is health conversion armor considered base armor? I may need to test this.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

6 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

But doesn't arcane guardian add to just base armor? You are getting almost no armor boost at all. I tried a few ones, my buddy swears by arcane grace but have not tried it since the change to despoil that used to trigger it.

You are correct, it does work off of Base Armour. Though I find it is enough to help.

I too once thought that Arcane Grace would be a good choice, though if that kicks in, I cannot pick up health orbs which in turns means I do not get the 3 x 450 Stacks of Armour. Or at least as often. I am still messing around with my Arcanes, and thus fr Barrier and Guardian seem to be the most useful what what I am wanting my Nekros to do. I was also possibly thinking Arcane Pule to replace Guardian. I did originally have Arcane Strike, though I use Arc and Brunt (Final Harbinger) which makes it some what hard to control. End up just flying off an edge somewhere. most of the time. 

Uhhh........ What happened to the  SotR U2.1 Nekros Changes Discussion thread? I had it up, then I refreshed and it was gone. Even the link from the SotR U2.1 main thread is broken. Did it really get so out of hand that you felt you had to delete it as opposed to locking it? Or is this just an indication that you need to update your forum software?

14 minutes ago, Cano_Lathra said:

Uhhh........ What happened to the  SotR U2.1 Nekros Changes Discussion thread? I had it up, then I refreshed and it was gone. Even the link from the SotR U2.1 main thread is broken. Did it really get so out of hand that you felt you had to delete it as opposed to locking it? Or is this just an indication that you need to update your forum software?

The Nekros rework feedback thread can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/685949-specters-of-the-rail-u21-nekros-changes/

Just now, Shion963 said:

Still no fix for:

Desecrate not affecting Brood Mothers, something or other about their death animation.

I think this may be circumstantial. I have Desecrated them many times. Ancients that die in the "Help me I am on fire" Animation don't seem to desecrate, either.
Again though, circumstantial.

I need to find the Bug Forums, soon, but either way, there has a been a recent screwing up here somewhere!

The Bug: Trying to switch frames, exit the Arsenal or hop into/out of the Navigation ends up freezing the game. Chat still works, however, but the animation is glitched, or not at all working. Some assistance would be appreciated please :)

8 minutes ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

I think this may be circumstantial. I have Desecrated them many times. Ancients that die in the "Help me I am on fire" Animation don't seem to desecrate, either.
Again though, circumstantial.

Not in my experience, they sure didn't right before the update (trying to cast Desecrate while staring at the corpse), and just now I tried keeping my eyes on any Brood Mothers killed during the defence and they never 'pop', when everything around them do.

I'll keep trying and observing though, because I can't really do anything else to try for a High Noon.

EDIT: Also: I was mainly using Blast damage on Tigris, don't think there was any elements that would trigger special death anims.

Edited by Shion963

2 minutes ago, Shion963 said:

Not in my experience, they sure didn't right before the update (trying to cast Desecrate while staring at the corpse), and just now I tried keeping my eyes on any Brood Mothers killed during the defence and they never 'pop', when everything around them do.

I'll keep trying and observing though, because I can't really do anything else to try for a High Noon.

You are probably right. I may not being paying close enough attention.

P.S. I have a few Spare High Noon, if you want one. Look me up in game. If interested.

Edited by Dod-Regnbue

4 minutes ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

I have a few Spare High Noon, if you want one. Look me up in game. If interested.

This would be the first good thing to happen in my pursuit of High Noon for all these months short of it actually dropping.