Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

I appreciate Nekros' buffs, but some friends of mine have done some testing in the simulacrum, and I'd like to suggest more. 

SotD: Destroy the health Decay and make the buffs to health and shield smaller. 

Allow eximus units to be raised, and allow them to be commanded like Specters.

Also, make them immune to nullifiers because they tend to run into nullifiers, especially if they are melee units.

shadows of the dead: + augment
well to start we start with the fairly obvious, shield of shadows is now a double edged sword which honestly i kinda like though it can be problematic, you will be trading energy for defenses mostly down to the fact that minions will be dying faster, though with the change you can move around a lot more, at least it gives more pause for thought when choosing what augments to take, more overall health on the minions would make maintaining them less painful given pre change minions were lasting longer than they do now for the most part

desecrate:
this is a massive improvement over old desecrate, its actually somewhat liberating to actually move around freely without needing to repeatedly spam the dj button, so good job to the dev team on this one, though i will agree with people who say the energy cost is a tad high for those not using despoil

now as for the unchanged abilities

terrify:
like i have said previously affecting enemies around nekros at random doesn't work very well, not to mention terrified enemies have a tendency to running away far enough to de-spawn though the augment heavily fixes this, 2 fairly minor changes that would greatly help this ability are

• have enemies run around randomly in the direction of away from nekros rather than straight for the nearest exit/escape pod
  • have terrify move outwards from nekros like volts overload rather than just randomly picking enemies

Soul punch:
now even with the change i'm still standing by this

• make soul punch destroy shadows and make them explode
  • make soul punch force able to force a minion into your army killing off a lower-higher value minion to let it fill this minion would be treated as a high value minion (possibly with a boost to its health

To be honest the health drain is performing pretty badly. I'm running despoil and 173% duration and I'm still having trouble maintaining energy just to keep the shadows up.

Desecrate change is great.

Shadows of the dead, is pretty sickening to play, hard to keep myself updated and I honestly felt I got a LOT more use out of the old one.

>Health drain is bad

>Scale SotD costs with number of shadows being summoned, heals should cost half energy

>Have shadows avoid and shoot nully bubbles

>Please don't flick off desecrate after entering nully bubble!

>Please don't have health orbs competing for normal drops

>Otherwise loving it!

1 minute ago, weirdee said:

now that shadows persist as long as they are not killed, is it possible to implement a similar feature from frost where soul punch manually detonates shadows causing an explosion that scales based on that shadow's health?

would be useful if not worrying about the decay issues 

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

>Health drain is bad

>Scale SotD costs with number of shadows being summoned, heals should cost half energy

>Have shadows avoid and shoot nully bubbles

>Please don't flick off desecrate after entering nully bubble!

>Please don't have health orbs competing for normal drops

>Otherwise loving it!

all are good, but you know that the 4th suggestion would be counter to what the nully does 

3 minutes ago, weirdee said:

personally haven't had any issues with decay as long as i'm not using reduced duration builds

my typical setup is with lower than 100 above 50 on duration(because 175 efficiency)...i'm basically going to move my equinox build to nekros lol, except run rejuvenation  

i would prefer to have it not be % based at the very least 

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

6 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

all are good, but you know that the 4th suggestion would be counter to what the nully does 

I meant don't have it affect anything, just leave it on. Like you won't desecrate anything while in the bubble but you won't be forced to turn it back on again constantly.

Just now, Evanescent said:

I meant don't have it affect anything, just leave it on. Like you won't desecrate anything while in the bubble but you won't be forced to turn it back on again constantly.

but if they did that they would need to do the same for equinox and her slow augment and the other warframes that have aoe abilities that drain energy 

22 minutes ago, weirdee said:

now that shadows persist as long as they are not killed, is it possible to implement a similar feature from frost where soul punch manually detonates shadows causing an explosion that scales based on that shadow's health?

We need some way to destroy shadows, but aiming them manually will be a pain. 

DE always find a way to screw things, even if its sounds soo good on paper.

Players-Toggle desecrate? Hell yea!!1

DE-But your hp orb chances gonna be reduced and those chances gonna be integrated in to main loot pool of enemy.

Players-Ohh..."sadface"

DE-But shadows of the dead will no longer gonna be duration based.

Players- OMG! Double hell yea!!1111

DE-But shadows hp gonna be decayed by the time, even if they don't fight, so after cast with 100% duration they gonna last 3 sec more than with old SotD.

Players-.....De...da hek is wrong with ya? WHY? Why do you hate us so much?

DE-Kek

Shadows of the Dead:

• The number of Shadows spawned has been reduced to 7 and is no longer affected by Mods. This is a necessary change for performance on all platforms. To compensate for this, Nekros now spawns stronger Shadows prioritized by heavy unites killed with Shield multiplier and draw aggro more heavily. 
  • Shadows now live until they die with Health decay over time that is affected by Duration instead of Strength. 
  • Shadows of the Dead can be recast while active to spawn new Shadows to replace dead ones, and refill the Health/Shields of the current Shadows. 
  • *Recasting Shadows of the Dead will also teleport your Shadows to you within limits. (if they are >10m and <40m away)
  • The Shield of Shadows Augment has been reviewed to maintain efficacy with these changes. 

Okay. So DE stated during the live stream that we wouldn't be needing duration for our builds.

• Shadows now live until they die with Health decay over time that is affected by Duration instead of Strength. 

Alright. So much for that. I guess I am going to have to modify my Nekros build a SECOND time. I suppose I am still going to have to build toward Eff but does this mean I should just throw Strength to the wind then?

-SoTD

What happened with buffing the shadows to compensate the reduction to 7? The UI shows same multipliers like before.

You said it will be duration-less ability on the stream and yes, everything is subject to change however this decay is just not fun. At all.

Honestly, keep the damage/health/shield multipliers like they are but remove health decay completely. SoTD does not need duration. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

Okay. So DE stated during the live stream that we wouldn't be needing duration for our builds.

Alright. So much for that. I guess I am going to have to modify my Nekros build a SECOND time. I suppose I am still going to have to build toward Eff but does this mean I should just throw Strength to the wind then?

Basically your build doesn't change unless you want to incorporate desecrate, previous shadow builds basically stay the same because you probably already built for strength and duration, strength is a little more important since the augment scales with strength.

I hope there are zero changes to the way it works now. I do hope that Soul Punch is altered so that it can be incorperated into SotD as suggested above; punch shadows and they explode, or ragdoll then explode.

I've been running all today with Nekros, Sancti Tigris and Reaper Prime and the abilities are amazing. Energy is not a concern. Shield of Shadows is effective even at a relatively low power strength of +15% (power drift only, 50% damage reduction), and low duration of +55% (50seconds). Have been playing Ophelia (Grineer), Hieracon (infested) up until they were high levels (90+). Zero issues keeping Shadows going with Desecrate on from the start of the mission. Just put a 3rd forma on, because playing with only 7 mods equiped and still feeling OP means I should put more mods on and feel true godliness.

I said before that the health decay was annoying. I was wrong, it really is a non-issue, recasting every 40seconds to top them up and refresh their duration is fine with me and something I was doing in my old SotD build anyway. The cost to top up should not be the full cast cost.

I imagine playing against nullifiers will suck huge amounts of &amp;#&#33; though.

7 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Power strength does affect the augment for shadows, not that I'd recommend blind rage for it though.  I honestly don't know what else strength works on now but it does work on the augment at least.

Damage and Health modifiers for the shadows (which I now realise is moot seeing as duration will kill them off no matter how strong anyway, cheers DE) and Terrify armour reduction.

You guys $#%ing ruined him , seriously, not everyone likes  "Desecrate builds" i loved having a horde of summons, i actaully hated the power desecrate, its f'ing boring and the dieing over time thing for his 4th  makes him unuseable, i can handle limited summons for S#&amp;&#036;ty systems or pcs  but come the F on , decaying health? completely ruins the power, honestly when i first heard of his changes i  thought you guys wer eoging to make terrorfy a toggle not f'ing desecrate, screw it im taking a break from the game untill you guys fix him and i dont care if people think im just being stupid.

Edited by Shade-Nightclaw

28 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Basically your build doesn't change unless you want to incorporate desecrate, previous shadow builds basically stay the same because you probably already built for strength and duration, strength is a little more important since the augment scales with strength.

I must confess I overreacted. After looking stuff over I did find a build that will work that will allow the Shadows to last longer, have decent power eff, still maintain a decent amount of Power range for Shield of Shadows and even run one of the Flight mods.

I apologize for exploding. I just really love Nekros.