Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

30 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Health orbs are no longer guaranteed drops from pilfered corpses. They are now tied in with the chance for additional loot drops.

You guys messed up his healing to balance the frame's other abilities.

Why dont you just make it so health orb give Nek himself less health?

This is the problem i have whenever you update frames. You "fix" one thing but mess up others and the cycle goes on and on.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Out of curiosity, do you think it might be possible to change Terrify so that it doesn't have a limit on the units affected per cast?  I just find it strange that it's the only AoE crowd control ability that has a fixed cap on the number of targets.  Sure that cap can be increased with power strength...but it's still just kind of odd.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Desecrate:

• Desecrate is now a toggle ability! Energy (or Health if you use the Despoil Augment) are consumed on Desecration.
  • Corpses that enter the Desecrate radius will be eligible for desecration. The first corpse 'heats up' slowly for a couple seconds and then the rest occur in rapid succession (like popcorn). Not affected by duration?
  • Each enemy desecrated will now cost 10 Energy (or Health if the Despoil Augment is equipped). This is affected by Efficiency Mods.
  • Health orbs are no longer guaranteed drops from pilfered corpses. They are now tied in with the chance for additional loot drops. And still not affected by power strength :<

Shadows of the Dead:

• The number of Shadows spawned has been reduced to 7 and is no longer affected by Mods. This is a necessary change for performance on all platforms. To compensate for this, Nekros now spawns stronger Shadows prioritized by heavy unites killed with Shield multiplier and draw aggro more heavily. Neat. But do they still cower behind cover?
  • Shadows now live until they die with Health decay over time that is affected by Duration instead of Strength. Recast > Slower decay, almost certainly.

So, Nekros gains no benefit from duration and str. (Yeah yeah, Terrify target cap and armor shred.)

Neat. Might actually be able to fit all the augments now.

Edited by Chroia

10 minutes ago, Mr_bunny said:

In more larger maps such as excavation the shadows of the dead don't do a great job (or even put a little effort) at following Nekros as he goes to a different part of the map. Can we have it so that when the ability is cast it not only heals the shadows but it also teleports them to Nekros? I know this might be a little far fetched but that'd make things much easier.

Thats already apart of the changes

4 hours ago, Mr_bunny said:

Oh I must have missed that then. That's what I get for not getting enough sleep. Sorry.

I dont think its in the patch notes but when you recast the ability and the shadows are 30m away they teleport

32 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead Augment - Shield of Shadows - now displays current % damage mitigation as a HUD buff.   *Please note that the % scales with power strength.

As always we thank you for your feedback! :community: 

Edited 2 minutes ago by [DE]Danielle
Added clarification to the Shadows of the Dead Augment change

That means over 80% damage reduction at 200% power strength, good, still want my 10 man army with eximus. Still good though 

Edited by Wolfnrun

I'm disappointed that there was no changes to Soul Punch. Its a very lackluster ability with little to no damage and the knockdown is hardly worth to call utility.

Also a bit disappointed that shadows will still decay over time. Sure we can heal them but its stupid that we cant just have them without the decay. Frosts snowglobe dont decay either.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I was all for the Nekros rework, but I don't think power str should affect the health drain on the shadows negatively. Adding Power Strength basically nerfs his 4th ability

I'm pretty sure they said that Duration will affect health decay and not Strength.

21 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

Can we get rid of health decay? You guys removed the duration on the ability, but added it right back in another form and it even scales off of duration, why?

They're probably being sneaky and hoping people don't notice that it's just the same thing.

DE you messed up in a big way bringing this change out...and I love it..... so, im gonna keep a permanent undead army up with permanent desecrate with my Veykor out, and ima see if i can get past my Survival record...

mind you, its not a bug.... my build just happens to have infinite sustain.

Edited by King_Gabriel

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

This again?  She already is.  Get over it and learn to play the rework, it's way more interactive and fun.  She is a beast.

Agreed. I really like Mag since her rework. She's actually useful against enemies other than Corpus and way more fun than just pressing the same button over and over again. I like pretty much all of the recent reworks that make frames more diverse and add more synergy between abilities, making it advantageous to use more of the frames' abilities. RIP "press 4 to win" and good riddance!

I'm really looking forward to giving an actually playable Nekros a try, rather than finding a perch and spamming Desecrate for an hour. It'll be fun to actually shoot at stuff in a group and not having to stop to Desecrate when solo.

I love these new changes, tested them out in the Simulacrum! Now I can actually PLAY Nekko-chan instead of just standing in the corner spamming 3. :D

I have one MAJOR request, please add a Timer to the Shadows of the Dead ability so that we know how much time our guys have left since their HP decays over time. So I don't have to keep searching for a Shadow in the midst of heavy action to check its HP to know when I should recast.

It's a simple 100/HP decay = Time remaining calculation. It would be great to see the timer in the top right where all the buffs and debuffs are shown.

Or show the HP of the LOWEST health Shadow, OR show the HP% of the LOWEST health Shadow which would be the best IMO.

TY DE. KTHXBAI. :)

Edited by Sci_Ant

25 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

If the health drain per second is a value and not a percentage, the Shadows actually last pretty damn long as levels go up (in response to enemy damage). If it is percentile... then I'd rather it was duration refreshed on recast instead of my Shadows weakening every second.

its percentage based. Its literally just another form of duration as your shadows get weaker from taking damage and from just being out. 

16 minutes ago, Chroia said:

So, Nekros gains no benefit from duration and str. (Yeah yeah, Terrify target cap and armor shred.)

Neat. Might actually be able to fit all the augments now.

Have fun having your shadows die instantly and deal no damage. Shadows still scale off of duration, and so does desecrate. 

Am I missing something or Shadow of the Dead is effectively the same as having a duration? It's essentially the same as before. The only difference is the rate of health decay which I can argue that it's the same as changing the duration before the rework. In fact I like it more previously because you can tell how much longer (timer indicator) your shadow will last. Now, I will have to call each shadow to queue up so I can take a look at diminishing health bar and decide to re-cast or not.

Sure, sure. We can renew the Shadows health by recasting, but they can easily have made summoning re-castable. Why go through all the trouble of saying Shadows no longer have a timer? Why beat around the bush and use different wordings for the same thing?

The only change I see coming out of this is the reduction in number of shadows summoned and the ability to re-cast. Did DE pull a PR response to try and mitigate the incoming "nerf" threads by distracting us by using the "removal of a timer feature"? IMO, having Shadows re-castable is enough to compensate for changing number of shadows.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

Just updated and checked out desecrate, I spy a stealth nerf. Old desecrate had 90% chance to desecrate corpse pieces and 60% chance to roll extra loot, which equals 54% extra loot, except it doesn't, as you would spam desecrate to turn the 90% into 100%, thus giving 60% extra loot per corpse piece desecrated. After the changes this number is now only 54%, while the chance for the corpse piece to be used up is 100%. The result is 10% less extra loot compared to before. Please consider changing it back to 60% chance for loot reroll.

Edited by DragonSkllzz_of_OG
spelling errors

Really wish we could have more than 7 shadows at max, just feels a bit lackluster to me considering he could do more than double that before, feels a lot less like an undead army and more like a posse of irate corpses.

Aside from sheer numbers though I do enjoy the changes puts nekros in a better place.

just another issue I have though is the fact that soul punch remains unchanged when it's really not that great an ability, it has virtually no CC (single target isn't really useful in most situations) and its damage is laughable I'd personally like to see a small AoE added to it but if nothing else I think it would at least need some form of utility to make it more viable.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

This again?  She already is.  Get over it and learn to play the rework, it's way more interactive and fun.  She is a beast.

It's more fun and interactive but against the corpus it's not half as good as it used to be. And against the other factions she performs under par compared to most other frames.

Well, well, well...

As happy as I am with changes to Despoil (aside from loot nerf, please guys ;_;), Shadows of the Dead need, in my opinion, one fix/change.

One. Simple. Change.

Make the Shadows' HP loss based on Power Strength.

EDIT: or Efficiency based, yeah

You already got rid of Duration on SotD (kinda) so please stick to it all the way. PRETTY PLEASE (and increase base damage reduction per Shadow on Shield of Shadows by 1% maybe...? :u).

Edited by Volgaraahk

2 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

Just updated and checked out desecrate, I spy a stealth nerf. Old desecrate had 90% chance to desecrate corpse pieces and 60% chance to roll extra loot, which equals 54% extra loot, except it doesn't, as you would spam desecrate to turn the 90% into 100%, thus giving 60% extra loot per corpse piece desecrated. After the changes this number is now only 54%, while the chance for the corpse piece to be used up is 100%. The result is 10% less extra loot compared to before. Please consider changing it back to 60% chance for loot reroll.

Can confirm it, and agree, we want the old one back