The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros desecrate nerf

_planforwar_

Has anyone noticed desecrate has now become next to useless for Nekros.

Also despoil doesn't actually work (although costs nothing) and shield of shadows functions very differently.

I can't seem to find anything in release notes about it? Has anyone seen anything about this?

Edited by _planforwar_

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

Going to miss the red carpet, but it'll be a fair trade to not have to play undead dj in a corner just to get the drops. Just a little bummed I'm going to have to wait until the update after the one currently in cert to get it. 

"Undead DJ". .I like that.  

Live tonight..DJ Nekros Spinning all your favorite Corpus and Grineer screams!

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

Going to miss the red carpet, but it'll be a fair trade to not have to play undead dj in a corner just to get the drops. Just a little bummed I'm going to have to wait until the update after the one currently in cert to get it. 

Well it's still there... Only really spotty now (I run the Regen aura so I've never relied on the orbs)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Archibald Jax said:

Console might not get it pc got it after the cut off update was sent to cert.  Though it is fairly easy to put that in there i guess.

Before i only used nekros for farming this will put farm on auto pilot while i can play missions normally ill use him more overall likly. Spamming desecrate was always boring this will be better overall.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Console might not get it pc got it after the cut off update was sent to cert.  Though it is fairly easy to put that in there i guess.

Before i only used nekros for farming this will put farm on auto pilot while i can play missions normally ill use him more overall likly. Spamming desecrate was always boring this will be better overall.

well, havent found a good build so far, but now i dont spam desecrate... but shadows of the death... they already die moderatly fast on their own, but with the health drain... its quite fast...

mabye its just because i havent found a good build jet.

11 minutes ago, Ketec said:

The problem with despoil drain is infested. Imagine ODD, 30-40 enemies dies in range in a short time. Suddenly you are losing ~100-150 hp.

40x2,5 is 100. And its at a rate of 2.5 per second because thats the desecrate rate now, 1 corpse per second.

also i see no reason to keep using despoil aug, its super sustainable with energy only, also energy is much easier to refill as now

36 minutes ago, Ketec said:

The problem with despoil drain is infested. Imagine ODD, 30-40 enemies dies in range in a short time. Suddenly you are losing ~100-150 hp.

First. With max efficiency you have a 2.5 drain per corpse. Second if 30 - 40 enemies die around you you also get 5 health for each death because of his passive.

40 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

also i see no reason to keep using despoil aug

It still synergizes extreme well with Equilibrium. You really don't need power efficiency at all, with Despoil+Equilibrium. You spend health to make health orbs, and you get energy when you pick up the health orbs.

From my own experience, I feel like desecrate was buffed. Of course the Health drop rate has been dropped but the fact that it's a toggle ability now, I have to say that it's active all the time for me. Paired it with Equilibrium (Which I definitely need a non-damaged one...) and Health Conversion, Nekros is now a tough frame to down now. By using Despoil, I keep my energy for Shadows.

Maybe yes, desecrete is nerfed a little because of the desecrate rate, but otherwise, I feel like Nekros has a gameplay more than spamming "Desecrete" every 2-3 seconds.

The only complain I have is the Health decay on the Shadows...

The necros changes seem to be a small but noticeable nerf to loot.  A large and obvious nerf to health orb gen.  A huge buff to base efficiency.  A moderate buff to sustain and survivability, specially with syndicate mods.  Absolutely massive buff to your damage done, since you spend nearly all your time shooting/meleeing instead of hand waving for no damage.

The chance to reroll loot is down but it isn't too bad. 

I have had no problems with energy or health due to enemy density. 

Health orb generation is just fine. I've never had to hunt for health orbs and I need them to maintain health conversion.

I too am grateful for the end of DJ Desecrate. 

1 hour ago, Crawd127 said:

From my own experience, I feel like desecrate was buffed. Of course the Health drop rate has been dropped but the fact that it's a toggle ability now, I have to say that it's active all the time for me. Paired it with Equilibrium (Which I definitely need a non-damaged one...) and Health Conversion, Nekros is now a tough frame to down now. By using Despoil, I keep my energy for Shadows.

Maybe yes, desecrete is nerfed a little because of the desecrate rate, but otherwise, I feel like Nekros has a gameplay more than spamming "Desecrete" every 2-3 seconds.

The only complain I have is the Health decay on the Shadows...

Agreed, with health conversion, shield of shadows, equilibrium, despoil Nekros is almost impossible to down. And even when all else fails casting fear makes everything run away. Desecrate was simply the icing on the cake (was).

Who cares?  Nekros is playable now.  You can do other things other than spamming the 3 button.  It's a huge buff, in my opinion.  Plus with smeeta kavats, farming for rare resources has become unnecessary, so overall I think the changes are excellent.