The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please I ask of you data miners to not spoil things anymore

Cenat

First thing data mining isn't allowed but I dont care if you do or not but when you GIVE US A HUGE SPOILER WITHOUT HIDING IT OR MARKING IT I GET MAD. I am not naming anyone just please stop now I am not hyped for TWW anymore and I know all of the stuff without even playing the quest just because you forum posters never marked it as spoiler and I read it accidently. I don't want this to happen to anyone else so just stop please :C

EDIT: Many forum users find difficulty in trying to understand that a person who doesn't like something doesn't go looking for somethig so to make a very obvious fact clear I was not looking for spoilers it was in big bold text in the middle of a completely unrelated topic.

Edited by Cenat

1 minute ago, Cenat said:

First thing data mining isn't allowed but I dont care if you do or not but when you GIVE US A HUGE SPOILER WITHOUT HIDING IT OR MARKING IT I GET MAD. I am not naming anyone just please stop now I am not hyped for TWW anymore and I know all of the stuff without even playing the quest just because you forum posters never marked it as spoiler and I read it accidently. I don't want this to happen to anyone else so just stop please :C

The irony is most data mined stuff is never right because DE loves screwing with them.

They give new weapons horrid stats, slip in fake fan-fic as legitimate scripts... Quite hilarious really.

If you don't look for it, how would it bother you? Datamined info can't be posted on the forums, so you'll need to go out of your way to find them. If it's in game chat, you're better off ignoring them.

And as Silva mentioned, DE has been adding in dummy data for quite a long time now. Primed Streamline, for example, was mentioned in the files, but has never been made into a primed mod.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Typos

Literally the only time I see anything that's been datamined is when I specifically go looking for it or I read every individual reply to topics discussing future updates on the Warframe reddit.

Methinks the problem here lies with you wanting the spoilers then feeling upset that you spoiled yourself.

there are goods and bads to datamining, one bad is well the obvious early script leaks, but the other is spotting errors out for DE they might not of noticed, for example when DE had first buffed the blue print drops for stalker a data mine revealed that the same changes were not made for shadow stalker and thanks to this DE was able to find out earlier than they may of before and fix the problem, so data mining is not an absolute evil, its more a moral grey area

2 minutes ago, Shirotsuki said:

Galatine Prime was datamined to have absurd base stats, a lot of datamined info is placeholder or just wrong.

Yeah, the suggested stats for the Galatine are absolutely crazy bonkers. The kind of power creep which would basically just snap the game in half. The damned thing was like twice as powerful as War.

35 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

The irony is most data mined stuff is never right because DE loves screwing with them.

They give new weapons horrid stats, slip in fake fan-fic as legitimate scripts... Quite hilarious really.

Remember, when DE did put primed intensify in the game files to troll data miners?

The s***storm on the forums next weekend, after Baro didn't bring it...

Best prank 2015, 11/10 would do it again.

5 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

Remember, when DE did put primed intensify in the game files to troll data miners?

iam also pretty sure they will continously push Primed vigor further back in the day count... just to mess with expectations...^^

51 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

[citation needed]

Yeah, its totally a good idea to "prank" your playerbase due to a few people breaking the rules. That totally doesnt cause ANY problems

Edited by armedpoop

16 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

10 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

iam also pretty sure they will continously push Primed vigor further back in the day count... just to mess with expectations...^^

eti-topkek-findikli-kakaolu-kucuk-kek_55_psb.png

39 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm actually in favour of a public test server where the community will be able to work with the devs on polishing new content before it's released. Right now we get content stuffed down our throat. 

This, getting actual player feedback from things before they go live can aid greatly when it comes to making balancing decisions or design choices, with the cost being the overhead to run the test server of course. 

EVE online in particular has had pretty good success leveraging their test server for instance, be it for stress testing, testing new features or just a dev screwing around with the community. Definitely something worth considering imo.

1 minute ago, Diana.K said:

This, getting actual player feedback from things before they go live can aid greatly when it comes to making balancing decisions or design choices, with the cost being the overhead to run the test server of course. 

EVE online in particular has had pretty good success leveraging their test server for instance, be it for stress testing, testing new features or just a dev screwing around with the community. Definitely something worth considering imo.

but we are the test server

7 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

It's a cookie I believe

8 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

never seen that before, ist that a cake/muffin? cant read that..

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

but it looks so big... a cokie is mostly flat.....

It's a kind of Turkish packaged snack muffin thingie. It is the tippity toppest kek.