The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please I ask of you data miners to not spoil things anymore

Cenat

Just now, paragasu said:

but we are the test server

Not a strong argument. Any game with continuous content patches is always going to be "forever beta" similar to what DE states, but several of these other games also have test servers. Why? Mainly a development practice that involves ensuring things work, are balanced and are relatively bug free in a production like environment, before shipping them. This practice overall ensures a better product, better feedback and a better connection between devs and players.

Just saying "we are the beta testers" is just masking the fact that the overall design and development approach could be improved should DE wish to pursue that route.

1 hour ago, Cenat said:

First thing data mining isn't allowed but I dont care if you do or not but when you GIVE US A HUGE SPOILER WITHOUT HIDING IT OR MARKING IT I GET MAD. I am not naming anyone just please stop now I am not hyped for TWW anymore and I know all of the stuff without even playing the quest just because you forum posters never marked it as spoiler and I read it accidently. I don't want this to happen to anyone else so just stop please :C

I'm curious to what you saw on here that spoiled War Within for you? That would've been shut down immediately. I also ran searches and can't find anything on Google. Unless I missed a post today, I only recall Prime Access mined and that's gotta be fake. So you either didn't find anything that important, or its fake bc it's awhile away still, and I doubt in the files bc they know the game gets mined. So calm down pal.

Regardless of if it's datamined or not people are fair to be angry at spoilers not being marked. I don't really care about datamined information because it's often placeholder or wrong. But, DE don't seem to like datamining at all, I don't really see what's wrong with it if it's marked as datamined information and spoilers when necessary. It's not up to us to decide whether it's okay or not though I guess. I can understand developers not wanting to spoil their passion in these ways, but datamining isn't supposed to be on these forums at all is it?

1 hour ago, armedpoop said:

Yeah, its totally a good idea to "prank" your playerbase due to a few people breaking the rules. That totally doesnt cause ANY problems

Except, where did anybody say anything about primed intensify or primed streamline in an official capacity?  Data mining is against the game's terms of service, the only people to ever say anything about it were data miners, and the only people to get upset were those who took data miners seriously.

It seems to me like the best source of information about what DE is planning on doing is DE. :)

You do have the option to not read datamined stuff y'know

It's not even in this forum. You have to visit Warframe's subreddit for that, and the WF subreddit and the guys that datamine stuff is kind enough to give non-spoiler-y title and an NSFW tag on the topics.

It's kind of ironic how we seem to hate stealth changes and yet we're against people that look for stealth changes, no?

Edited by TotallyLagging

2 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

You do have the option to not read datamined stuff y'know

It's not even in this forum. You have to visit Warframe's subreddit for that, and the WF subreddit and the guys that datamine stuff is kind enough to give non-spoiler-y title and an NSFW tag on the topics.

It's kind of ironic how we seem to hate stealth changes and yet we're against people that look for stealth changes, no?

Actually, no. Every couple of days, some bright eyed enthusiastic kid who just wants to be loved comes bursting into the Umbra discussion thread, yelling at the top of their lungs about datamined spoilers and isn't it just so cool you guys and then they have to get slapped by the mods.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

32 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Actually, no. Every couple of days, some bright eyed enthusiastic kid who just wants to be loved comes bursting into the Umbra discussion thread, yelling at the top of their lungs about datamined spoilers and isn't it just so cool you guys and then they have to get slapped by the mods.

What do you except on an Umbra discussion thread?

It's 100% head cannon crafting up in there.

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

OP Goes out of his way to look at datamined stuff,  complains about the data mining spoiling stuff for him, Makes a thread about it, and doesn't reply to anyone on his own thread.

Den/Den

The OP made this thread right after someone posted completely unmarked datamined spoilers for War Within all over the Umbra thread. You may not have been aware of this, but you are aware of it now.

I'm just going to say this nice and loud, and every time afterwards that someone says "Lol just don't go looking for spoilers then lol" I'll link back this post:

THE PROBLEM IS THAT IDIOTS SEE DATAMINED INFORMATION AND THEN COME STRAIGHT HERE TO THESE FORUMS TO DISCUSSION THREADS AND POST IT, COMPLETELY AGAINST THE TERMS OF THE FORUM, AND ALMOST ALWAYS UNMARKED. IDIOTS THINK "SWEET, DATAMINED INFORMATION! THE POSTERS IN THE DISCUSSION THREADS HAVE TO SEE THIS!" AND THEN THEY GET KICKED OUT BY THE MODS.
                  HOWEVER, PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THOSE SPOILERS INEVITABLY GET AN EYEFUL OF THEM WITHOUT WARNING BEFORE THE MODS CLEAN HOUSE.

That is the problem.

1 minute ago, Tuxie said:

I don't care, I like knowing what's gonna be out or not. Hence why I like spoilers.

Right....but spoilers should not be forced on other players, sprung on them by surprise on the official forums. Everyone knows that if they want spoilers, they're only a Google search or a discreet Private Message away. It is not necessary to go running into discussion threads shouting about it.

22 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The OP made this thread right after someone posted completely unmarked datamined spoilers for War Within all over the Umbra thread. You may not have been aware of this, but you are aware of it now.

I'm just going to say this nice and loud, and every time afterwards that someone says "Lol just don't go looking for spoilers then lol" I'll link back this post:

THE PROBLEM IS THAT IDIOTS SEE DATAMINED INFORMATION AND THEN COME STRAIGHT HERE TO THESE FORUMS TO DISCUSSION THREADS AND POST IT, COMPLETELY AGAINST THE TERMS OF THE FORUM, AND ALMOST ALWAYS UNMARKED. IDIOTS THINK "SWEET, DATAMINED INFORMATION! THE POSTERS IN THE DISCUSSION THREADS HAVE TO SEE THIS!" AND THEN THEY GET KICKED OUT BY THE MODS.
                  HOWEVER, PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THOSE SPOILERS INEVITABLY GET AN EYEFUL OF THEM WITHOUT WARNING BEFORE THE MODS CLEAN HOUSE.

That is the problem.

Op made no clarification what he was talking about, Moderators made it pretty clear that datamined stuff aren't allowed, and after they saw the post they removed it, Nothing more can be done.

OP still made a thread where he did not tell anyone what was his issue, he still has not made a reply to his own thread so far and pretty much everyone knows that DE likes to troll dataminers, so what was the point of this post?

From the way I see it Dataminer's spoil whatever to the OP, An individual forum user who did not use a spoiler tag did.

1 minute ago, Midrib said:

Op made no clarification what he was talking about, Moderators made it pretty clear that datamined stuff aren't allowed, and after they saw the post they removed it, Nothing more can be done.

OP still made a thread where he did not tell anyone what was his issue, he still has not made a reply to his own thread so far and pretty much everyone knows that DE likes to troll dataminers, so what was the point of this post?

From the way I see it Dataminer's spoil whatever to the OP, An individual forum user who did not use a spoiler tag did.

The point of this post is that people keep saying "Well, don't go looking for spoilers and there'll be no problem." That is factually incorrect. Even if you don't go looking for spoilers, enthusiastic idiots see those spoilers and then come running to these forums to post them with no warning, thinking that they are being enormously clever, like an adorable stupid dog who thinks he's playing fetch with a hand grenade.

9 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right....but spoilers should not be forced on other players, sprung on them by surprise on the official forums. Everyone knows that if they want spoilers, they're only a Google search or a discreet Private Message away. It is not necessary to go running into discussion threads shouting about it.

Oh no, I'd never spoil it to other people myself, just saying that I quite like knowing what's coming up so I'll have something to be hyped about.

2 minutes ago, Tuxie said:

Oh no, I'd never spoil it to other people myself, just saying that I quite like knowing what's coming up so I'll have something to be hyped about.

That's entirely reasonable. Some people like spoilers, and there's evidence that knowing a hint of what's coming, for those folks, does not ruin their enjoyment of fiction.

That said, people should have the choice.

some people just want to spoil everything. this is why I avoid threads that I think might contain spoilers like the plague. I managed to successfully avoid Spoilers for the Second Dream, and the ending was incredible, so here's hoping I can do it again.

and nobody likes "that guy". the kind of guy who immediately tells you what happens at the end of a Game of Thrones season. nobody likes that guy, so don't be "that guy"

Spoiler

see, this is the problem, you guys just keep clicking on spoilers with no regard for yourselves. luckily this time you just wasted a few seconds of reading time, but you might not get off so easily next time!

43 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That is the problem.

Umbra TWW spoiler isn't the first time. And calm down man. 

Edited by Cenat

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The point of this post is that people keep saying "Well, don't go looking for spoilers and there'll be no problem." That is factually incorrect. Even if you don't go looking for spoilers, enthusiastic idiots see those spoilers and then come running to these forums to post them with no warning, thinking that they are being enormously clever, like an adorable stupid dog who thinks he's playing fetch with a hand grenade.

Insert thank you gif

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

The irony is most data mined stuff is never right because DE loves screwing with them.

They give new weapons horrid stats, slip in fake fan-fic as legitimate scripts... Quite hilarious really.

Yes but when you are told what the ending of TWW and who that new enemy in TSD before its released its just sad man...I mean literally no spoiler tag no spoiler box just a big fat bold text that summarizes everything you wondered about in these two quests. 

3 hours ago, SurrealEdge said:

If you don't look for it, how would it bother you? Datamined info can't be posted on the forums, so you'll need to go out of your way to find them. If it's in game chat, you're better off ignoring them.

And as Silva mentioned, DE has been adding in dummy data for quite a long time now. Primed Streamline, for example, was mentioned in the files, but has never been made into a primed mod.

DE's and mods are not always available to remove them the moment they are posted. 

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Literally the only time I see anything that's been datamined is when I specifically go looking for it or I read every individual reply to topics discussing future updates on the Warframe reddit.

Methinks the problem here lies with you wanting the spoilers then feeling upset that you spoiled yourself.

Are you serious right now?