Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void endless missions

JustOR1G1N

Hi there! Today I'm here with my thoughts on Void Fissure system. 
 So, let me start. SotR update brought us new Void Fissure system, which replaced old Void. But... Here is the problem about it. Now farming of prime parts have turned into short runs with <50 lvl enemies. 1 mission = 1 reward. And it takes about 5 min to finish it.
 The question is: what the point of maxing frames, weapons, putting tons of formas in it? In old Void we needed all that stuff to handle with high lvl mobs. But now it seems unnecesary. Will we ever get our endless game modes (with multiple rewards per mission) back? Let's be honest: no one stays on Void Fissure survival for long time, because there is no sense in it. I noticed serious drop of online in my alliance Discord channel, because high-ranked players don't even know what to do in Warframe since they farmed everything. Many people started to forget about Warframe, and it's really scaring me.
 New void seemed to be cool at the beginning, but now I clearly see that it's not. I personally, at MR 22 don't know what to do in game, excluding daily focus/syndicate points farm and sorties. Old Void wasn't perfect, but I could go to T3 survival for 60 mins of solo fun. I got my rewards and it was cool. Now I just starring at the starchart and it's confusing me. New system need improvement IMHO. Would like to know, what other players feel after a month since SotR update.

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from Ukraine

Edited by JustOR1G1N

9 minutes ago, JustOR1G1N said:

I got my rewards and it was cool.

if thats the case then why does it matter its not long

10 minutes ago, JustOR1G1N said:

I could go to T3 survival for 60 mins of solo fun

you can still solo survival for 60 minutes with less rewards, if its the time thats fun then it should still be fun.... because they still scale.

your logic doesnt make sense, if its rewards you like you still get them, if its the challenge you like you can still do that?
Not trying to defend DE or the SotR update but the logic just doesnt add up. Because Im MR22 my self and rewards in this game have been pointless for years i've always been max MR so i dont see why it matters if you get one pointless item or 20 pointless times as long as you have fun doing what ever it is your doing... 

I understand it from a new player point of view just not maxxed players

5 minutes ago, Dextral said:

you can still solo survival for 60 minutes with less rewards, if its the time thats fun then it should still be fun.... because they still scale.

Yes, I can, but why farming now has nothing to do with challenge? Why these things got separated? Struggling against high level enemies isn't worth it anymore (I don't need those "rare" mods and credit packs). It feels like I wasting my time doing this. Now I have to choose between fun and rewards (because I can't call 5 min runs "fun").

Edited by JustOR1G1N

4 minutes ago, Dextral said:

your logic doesnt make sense, if its rewards you like you still get them, if its the challenge you like you can still do that?
Not trying to defend DE or the SotR update but the logic just doesnt add up. Because Im MR22 my self and rewards in this game have been pointless for years i've always been max MR so i dont see why it matters if you get one pointless item or 20 pointless times as long as you have fun doing what ever it is your doing... 

he's actually making perfect sense. there is no incentive on doing it and every mission has basically become an exterminate mission. not getting rewards for devoting so much time is not okay at all.

1 minute ago, maxedpotato said:

there is no incentive

there has never been an incentive if your a player with all the gear you have completed the game... 

and you make it sounds like the long missions gave good rewards lets be real for 10 minutes you got nothing because rotation A was always bad, rotation B was usually bad and had worthless trash prime parts and rotation C was the only reason people did survival. Same with defence which is why public players always did 20,40,60,80 minutes or waves, it was never lets do survival until 10minutes and leave...

They basically gave you 15 minutes of your life back per reward..

9 hours ago, Dextral said:

there has never been an incentive if your a player with all the gear you have completed the game... 

and you make it sounds like the long missions gave good rewards lets be real for 10 minutes you got nothing because rotation A was always bad, rotation B was usually bad and had worthless trash prime parts and rotation C was the only reason people did survival. Same with defence which is why public players always did 20,40,60,80 minutes or waves, it was never lets do survival until 10minutes and leave...

at least endless missions posed a reason for players to get and level their mods and gear. at this point you can trivialize every single mission with less than little effort. SotR made me feel like a truck driving over a pile of ants over and over again. every mission is a race to the finish right now. what you are saying is that you should work for an unpaying employer ''because''. i dont mind the option of faster drops for more key consumption but the complete removal of endless missions felt really unnecessary. not to mention DE pushing their players to go to multiplayer for better reward chances. as a solo player i really hate this. it only further trivializes the game.

Edited by maxedpotato
typo

3 minutes ago, Dextral said:

I ask again: what the point of maxxing mods and forma'ing stuff, if we facing >50 lvl enemies when farming? Does it make sense in your opinion? I have a huge arsenal of weapons, warframes, sentinels, pets. But I have no place to go and use it at full potential and get proper rewards (exept for sorties). That's what I'm talking about.

Just now, JustOR1G1N said:

I ask again: what the point of maxxing mods and forma'ing stuff, if we facing >50 lvl enemies when farming? Does it make sense in your opinion? I have a huge arsenal of weapons, warframes, sentinels, pets. But I have no place to go and use it at full potential and get proper rewards (exept for sorties). That's what I'm talking about.

That's waht are raids and sorties for i say, enemys were never ment to scale beyond lvl 100 so much and just hapepns to scale over and over becasue the endless missions have no limits.

But the new system is nearly the same as the old, soon all players will be farming the relics from the nekros prime access, hoping to get the relic they thought so much after, most likely in the derelict (which can give all relics, if i am not mistaken), or in farming runs at hieracon/other excavations, but there is no actual reason to stay more than 3 excavators at hieracon for example, it just takes longer to get the next 4 till the next forma. The Void gave you at least something for staying there, regardless of how long you stayed, but i will give in, farming some parts was really tedious and boring, especially the mobile defenses in my opinion at least. I would have found it quite interesting if there was a way to combine the new and the old system, like you can refine your keys and have a higher chance to get a reward, this way it would be easier for new players to just get their reward in doing shorter mission, and people who would like to play higher, would have an even greater chance at obtaining the reward, at least in the endless missions.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

That's waht are raids and sorties for i say, enemys were never ment to scale beyond lvl 100 so much and just hapepns to scale over and over becasue the endless missions have no limits.

Raids are pure "Press 4 to win" fest. I was there many times and it's always about the same. It was challenging at the beginning, but when we started to explore it and found the right tactics - raids became easy and boring. Always the same map, same mission targets, ALL the same. I can't even remember when I was there last time.
Btw, we can play raids and sorties once per day to get rewards.

Edited by JustOR1G1N

2 minutes ago, JustOR1G1N said:

It was challenging at the beginning, but when we started to explore it and found the right tactics - raids became easy and boring.

survival takes hours until it becomes challenging... and even then its not challenging if you know what your doing... its just a case of getting 1 shot and maintaining airsupport which with the update that happened alittle over a year ago now made airspport easy

Edited by Dextral

I think the main issue is that the trace rewards for fissures are the same regardless of it being Lith (T1) or Axi (T4). If you are only trying to get traces from fissures then there is almost no reason to do a harder mission to get the same reward.

lol, he's trying to say  ( in lehman's terms) " Warframe has hit a wall with long time players" there is no challenge in the SOTR update and everything that he and many others (myself included) has basically nothing to do with all that accumulated power of mods frames and weapons. and raids and sorties just doesn't cut it as they are as boring as the rest of the contents in the game, no progress to persue. the new systems gets old very very fast.

5 minutes ago, Dextral said:

Fashionframe costs plat, arcanes cost a crapton of plat, breeding dogs and cats can cost plat if you're too lazy to farm the ingredients, new items and skins cost plat. All popular things to do once you run out of the standard objectives. So where did that plat come from? Well, with all of our fancy gear we can easily handle things that other, newer players might find difficult, like T4S or T4I or similar, then sell off our riches. But now there's no incentive for that; there's nothing in T4 someone can't get in a much less dangerous place. Oh you can survive for an hour in T4S? Good job, here's a relic you could've gained from spending a few rounds doing some garbage extraction with almost zero value. It used to be that T4 might reward you with some R5 cores on rotation C, which was insulting enough already, but now there's nothing. It's neither satisfying nor rewarding.

Well whatever. I've already sucked out over a thousand hours of play already. The sorties can still be kinda fun, but I guess it's time to move on.

14 minutes ago, JustOR1G1N said:

I ask again: what the point

Of playing anymore after the Voids gutting? Not sure what they were thinking by removing rewards from the only rewarding place to play in the game. The new system is too short to run through and unrewarding both in game play and ingame physical rewards.

The only challenging aspect of the new way to farm for prime parts is the fight against boredom. Do I really have to use an unranked Nyx (basically zero armor) and a Lato (among the lowest DPS weapons in the game) to not get bored by the very short missions with low level enemies?

Edited by ----Fenrir----

1 minute ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Not true. Having all the Prime gear you can both use Ducats and the ability to sell excess gear to others as incentive.

if thats your incentive you can now do that more effectively since its now 5 minutes per reward rather than 15minutes of unsellable trash and then a reward... granted prices have dropped alittle but c'mon you can still sell stuff unless they removed trading >.>

1 hour ago, JustOR1G1N said:

at MR 22 don't know what to do in game, excluding daily focus/syndicate points farm and sorties.

There isn't anything to do anymore unless you want to grind 1200 void traces @ ~19 per run. That is literally the only way you can prepare for Nekros Prime and his weapons. New relics will be coming out to drop his gear pretty much meaning if you have almost everything in the game don't play until the newest thing comes out. Lets be honest reskinned frames and weapons are not the same thing as new content. And there hasn't been any new content since the Inaros quest which was back in march. Titania still isn't finalized and ready to be put into the game because they're still working on how her soul swipe should work. But once her and Nekros prime drop maybe we'll be distracted long enough for The War Within update to come out. If you're the type of person to buy Prime Access and you're MR 22 already idk what you would even be wanting to do in the game at that point.

Even if DE decides to make endless Fissure missions, they wouldn't want you to get more than one reward per relic. They were trying to get rid of such generosity, heavily tilted towards some players.
Now it's fair, at least. One relic. One reward. You could solo if you want. Still better with a team. Even better with a good team where everyone uses radiant relics as per agreement. Surprisingly good system, in my opinion.

Edited by LABAL

1 hour ago, JustOR1G1N said:

The question is: what the point of maxing frames, weapons, putting tons of formas in it?

New Void was introduced to "reduce farm" for players with low ranks, like <12 (not a real number but i think you got the idea). At the same time DE added some places where maxing frames and weapons is required (LoR, JV, sorties). But there are still too few of them and you get bored with them very fast. This is not a novelty that Warframe is missing end-game content. And will be missing for a long further. Because DE is working on having more new players (and so donations) rather than on making veterans interested in playing.

2 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Lets be honest reskinned frames and weapons are not the same thing as new content. And there hasn't been any new content since the Inaros quest which was back in march. Titania still isn't finalized and ready to be put into the game because they're still working on how her soul swipe should work.

+++++

3 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

There isn't anything to do anymore unless you want to grind 1200 void traces @ ~19 per run. That is literally the only way you can prepare for Nekros Prime and his weapons.

You also have a choice: to buy new syndicate weapons or to save tons of xp to get relic packs. You are not limited with max syndicate capacity - if you really want Nekros very very fast when it comes out you can also collect medalions etc.

I don't think traces will be that important because there is going to be like 3 new prime parts per every new relic and so you will need all of the reward tiers.

1 hour ago, Dextral said:

man i have to say this are you salty/rude/dis-respectful or what? everything he has said is true, and you also talk about Solo? he mentioned his discord friends, some of us are not pure solo runners, the game is best when we play with friends and that's exactly how Warframe grows, our clan was started by a single Warframe player in our college, then he told his friend, then i heard about it, tried it, then i also told my other friend and the cycle continued, but now after SOTR it can be described as one word "boring/lack of incentive to play" , i wouldn't recommend the game to any friend at the moment honestly, and as a matter of fact/honesty, we only play Sortie and Raid with my friends nowadays what he has said is very true, what's the fun in doing Relic missions seriously? and about the void we used to do challenges with friends like Faitko, trying new builds and stuff, and about the void i had the illusion that DE made the void in order to give players challenges at encourage them to max gear, SOTR gameplay wise is dull, well we decided to wait till next year, DE makes a tonne of changes, i'll remain hopeful they'll add something worth playing.

Just now, Vol4ica_ said:

I don't think traces will be that important because there is going to be like 3 new prime parts per every new relic and so you will need all of the reward tiers.

I would not count on that. All of Vauban Primes parts are "rare" rewards. With Necros it's likely gonna be the same.

5 minutes ago, Vol4ica_ said:

New Void was introduced to "reduce farm" for players with low ranks, like <12 (not a real number but i think you got the idea). At the same time DE added some places where maxing frames and weapons is required (LoR, JV, sorties). But there are still too few of them and you get bored with them very fast. This is not a novelty that Warframe is missing end-game content. And will be missing for a long further. Because DE is working on having more new players (and so donations) rather than on making veterans interested in playing.

It did reduce the farmign since you have a better choice in a group and better chance of what you aim for prime item wise, ducat wise it still is not as bad, and most seem to ferget ducats and void trader msotly anyway for people who had to many prime items already and not really intented to be for everyeon right away but mroe for those who keep playing, even then sadly people complain about tehre is "nothing useful" for ducats also, so community is sadly split same for the new void system.

I personaly like it since i am a casual player just enjoying the game, and that since 3 years with some breaks in between, asking for endcontent in a game that is free and no one forces you to play is ridiclious, in other games where you pay monthly you you still also stay without endcontent for a while, because the one before got beaten and became regular already for those.

Overplaying a game, that ruins the peoples so called endcontnent and then cry they have nothing to do anymore, if some forget, this game is based around grinding and farming, RNG exists to keep people playing, and if that drives people away, they are in the wrong game. Some can be overdoen like the Kavat scan yes, i not defend it, but also no game is perfect.