Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void endless missions

JustOR1G1N

1 hour ago, hammerheathen said:

I feel you here, my clan went from approximately 60 actives and at least 10 people on at a time down to 3 semi-actives and it's rare to see someone else on.

With the current state of the game and several (now lost) hours of recruiting and interacting with each member it's hard to get the energy up to restart it from the beginning.

That's about what are too. we had 70 right after the update with around 10-15 daily players, down to just my core group playing (about 6-8 active). I've gone through the re-recruiting phase several times now, and I also am not looking forward to doing it again. 

I will probably be biding my time until they get some sort of end game for people to work toward

Edited by Mutt2679

9 hours ago, Dextral said:

if thats your incentive you can now do that more effectively since its now 5 minutes per reward rather than 15minutes of unsellable trash and then a reward... granted prices have dropped alittle but c'mon you can still sell stuff unless they removed trading >.>

In no way would I call this new system more effective for farming Ducats. It's both unenjoyable to play and horrible in payout. It was more fun to run a T3 Survival with bad luck and only get 1 or 2 parts in 40 min than to run one of these choose your own reward Fissures. They are anti-fun.

7 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

In this thread as well. All I can see is salt over the loss of people their Ducat/plat farm. The arguments about loss of "end game" and such are all just secondary to the loss of farming.

If Endgame is the important part of the discussion why not ask for even better end game objectives (could be in the void even) that do not scream for a revert.

It is a grinding/farming game after all so it would stand to reason that removing some peoples favorite farming spot would cause a little backlash. Especially if it was the only rewarding place to play. Sorties and trials are no argument here as they are only once perday which is also a shame for those who enjoy them.

As a MR22, I don't have anything to do anymore and this new system is not fun to me.
I don't think I'll play again, not unless they bring back endless missions with prime rewards. I don't see the point in these changes, sure, they're thinking about new players, but they'll reach a high rank and be as bored as I am right now.
New players might think relics are great since they couldn't survive a 60mins run, but they should probably think again, odds are you'll become that bored high rank player tomorrow.

I'm not sure if someone already said this, but I find that another thing that I don't like about void 2.0 (apart from endless missions being pointless) is that even though they brought us out of the void, we still end up having less mission variety. I think it was about a week ago, I looked at the fissures available. There were 7 fissures up, and 5 of them were sabotages, as opposed to the large variety of mission types we could pick in the old void. And then the other two were I think a spy and a mobile defense (AKA no endless missions and low mission variety overall). For me, my favorite game modes are all the endless ones, and I like survival the most. Because of the fissure system, I'm irritated that I can't choose what type of mission I want to get my traces/prime parts on. If I want to farm for prime parts on a survival, then I have to wait for a survival fissure to show up, which took me an entire week one time!

Honestly, they should make it so that we can do a fissure mission on any node of our choice (apart from special missions like assassinations and raids). Every player would be prompted before the mission with whether they wanted to take a relic, and if everyone takes a relic then a fissure will appear. This also makes sense lore-wise because in acquiring these relics, we Tenno are stealing from the Void, which the Neural Sentry protects. Assuming the Neural Sentry is opening the fissures (even if it isn't the one doing it, it makes better sense than any other explanation), then the Neural Sentry would go after groups of Tenno with the relics and therefore open fissures onto them.

It sucks now from the teamplay and reward system side

I dont run fissures unless i absolutely have to .

They are boring, and have turned into the rush to the end like capture is, half the time they trigger the exit before i can get all 10 reactants.

Once you go over 10 then each one dropped should mean 5 traces or something like that so there is incentive to stay and farm traces before exit.

But the new system has made it easier for people to achieve stuff with more grind.

------

I used to like playing for hours with my friends in the void, but they are all drifting away to other games now and the clan is doing the same.

Dont get me wrong it was tedious but we just to have a laugh seeing how far we could get with diff builds /teams etc

Void now is pointless as it has no rewards, im not going to play it if i dont get something from it.

I suggested the other day give us other things in void like Tellerium/Ducats/Traces/Nitain etc etc all the difficult stuff to get and let those of us who want to farm like that get back to it.

If it had traces per round going up each time i would farm it.

Make it the more you stay the more you get

------

Because i dont do fissures my ducat pile is dropping and i would guess some others as well, so soon i wont be able to use baro so thats another part gone.

Yes i could do fissures but like i said they arnt fun.

They seem to be intent on taking all the team fun out of the game. I think ill go back to being solo, at the rate we are going are clan wont exist soon in warframe.

We all hang in discord but no one plays WF much these days.

In my opinion, i think the new void system still can be further improved. I really like the system where you can obtain traces to enhance the rarity of the said relic drop system, making the relic system itself equipped with better drop chances and reduced the rng significantly. However on the down side, the system can be very repetitive and boring due to the same way of obtaining it even if different maps are introduced. What i personally missed was the way how void rewards are obtained previously. 

For an instance, to obtain carrier prime parts, i have to travel to T4 interception before the rework and often enough, each successful waves gave me their own rewards. Though the nerf i understand, but is that it is the fun of getting it had been somewhat diminished compared to the current way the void system works. Not only that, since the void has now been a normal map, the void is very empty and that there are little or no incentives of doing the open void maps.

Suggestion: 

I suggest that there should be a void fissure in the said void mission with relic, and this void fissure opens up a portal for you to enter. Once you enter the fissure, you will be transported to a remote void area. If it's activated by one of the squad-members, the portal will be opened and squad mates from other dimension can cross to the realm with a time limit, maybe 3 mins so that the furthest person in the map can join with enough time possible. The portal will closed when they are all present and the mission will start. In the mission, they will do the usual collection of reactants and that opens the portal back to the real dimension. They have time limit of 3 mins as well to exit, while giving them to collect additional reactants that is dropped on the ground by the enemies (enemies will continue to spawn). They can collect over 10 reactants, lets say they collect 49 in the mission, it will show 49/10 and 10 of them will consumed upon exiting the portal. Once they exit the portal, they will be granted special ability throughout the mission like the focus system. They might gain some nice hidden physics feature, being able to riddicule enemies in an op state, in other words, being invincible and unleashing their 'prime' form. (for example, a volt user using speed and run even faster to capture target; ember's world of fire have chances to cast world of fire at an even faster rate).

By using their abilities, there will new physics effects, making them unique throughout the mission. the remainding of 39 reactants will be converted to void traces upon successful extraction, which is before the void reward selection. 

For me it's one of those "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" things.  I never thought I would, but I miss the old endless void runs too.  I realize now that it was what kept me logging in.

Those old void runs were where I met a lot of my in-game friends.  Putting together the group in recruiting chat, deciding what frames to take, talking crap and complaining about the fact that we would probably get a drop we didn't need.  But during the run, we communicated with group members...talked crap, discussed builds, joked, talked about stuff going on in the real world...random fun banter.

Now it's a rush to the end with no communication.  Relic runs feel so disconnected.

New Void system murdered many things.

• The prime part market, you now see people selling full prime warframe sets for less than 100p, and just about no one is buying single parts.
  • Endless Void/ Derelict missions. You don't get multiple rewards regardless of mode, and I'm not talking about relics, I'm talking about prime parts. This has also affected the rate at which ducats can be acquired.
  • Having fun while farming. Due to how farming is now just a mini-game before the short mission type it is placed onto, farming for prime items has become rapidly repetitive and boring.
  • The Void Tileset.

Until DE manages to figure out how to make endless missions worth it again I doubt things are going to get any better for a while.

Spoiler

53227319.jpg

Edited by Nox_Terminus

On 12.8.2016 at 0:03 PM, JustOR1G1N said:

Hi there! Today I'm here with my thoughts on Void Fissure system. 
 So, let me start. SotR update brought us new Void Fissure system, which replaced old Void. But... Here is the problem about it. Now farming of prime parts have turned into short runs with <50 lvl enemies. 1 mission = 1 reward. And it takes about 5 min to finish it.
 The question is: what the point of maxing frames, weapons, putting tons of formas in it? In old Void we needed all that stuff to handle with high lvl mobs. But now it seems unnecesary. Will we ever get our endless game modes (with multiple rewards per mission) back? Let's be honest: no one stays on Void Fissure survival for long time, because there is no sense in it. I noticed serious drop of online in my alliance Discord channel, because high-ranked players don't even know what to do in Warframe since they farmed everything. Many people started to forget about Warframe, and it's really scaring me.
 New void seemed to be cool at the beginning, but now I clearly see that it's not. I personally, at MR 22 don't know what to do in game, excluding daily focus/syndicate points farm and sorties. Old Void wasn't perfect, but I could go to T3 survival for 60 mins of solo fun. I got my rewards and it was cool. Now I just starring at the starchart and it's confusing me. New system need improvement IMHO. Would like to know, what other players feel after a month since SotR update.

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from Ukraine

Yes i agree with u. That was the one thing that Held me on this game.. To be better for a Rotation more. To bring up for higher Tiers. Now i could take a frame that survives t 4 20 minutes or waves for ease.

De killed their own game!! I am in my cryopod for the next time till they change this to good old days

On 12.8.2016 at 0:16 PM, Dextral said:

if thats the case then why does it matter its not long

you can still solo survival for 60 minutes with less rewards, if its the time thats fun then it should still be fun.... because they still scale.

your logic doesnt make sense, if its rewards you like you still get them, if its the challenge you like you can still do that?
Not trying to defend DE or the SotR update but the logic just doesnt add up. Because Im MR22 my self and rewards in this game have been pointless for years i've always been max MR so i dont see why it matters if you get one pointless item or 20 pointless times as long as you have fun doing what ever it is your doing... 

I understand it from a new player point of view just not maxxed players

U will understand it if u leaving the game at least. IT was the challenge. IT was a magnetic love to warframe now it is a normal game like the division!! The social trading is crap now. IT makes no sense to make any builds. U can Do with every good frame only doing to search the perfection. IT is no reason anymore thx de i am in my cryopod... Till u fix this to the best days of warframe 

On 12.8.2016 at 0:21 PM, JustOR1G1N said:

Yes, I can, but why farming now has nothing to do with challenge? Why these things got separated? Struggling against high level enemies isn't worth it anymore (I don't need those "rare" mods and credit packs). It feels like I wasting my time doing this. Now I have to choose between fun and rewards (because I can't call 5 min runs "fun").

I agree with u Boykott warframe to make a wake up for de....  This is the Most worse update they ever could Do. Every nerf of abilities makes no sense if u re only 5-10 minutes in a survival or defense mission which I CANT CHOOSE thanks de u lost a Tenno (with broken heart and cryo tears)...  Frost!! 

On 12.8.2016 at 0:35 PM, maxedpotato said:

at least endless missions posed a reason for players to get and level their mods and gear. at this point you can trivialize every single mission with less than little effort. SotR made me feel like a truck driving over a pile of ants over and over again. every mission is a race to the finish right now. what you are saying is that you should work for an unpaying employer ''because''. i dont mind the option of faster drops for more key consumption but the complete removal of endless missions felt really unnecessary. not to mention DE pushing their players to go to multiplayer for better reward chances. as a solo player i really hate this. it only further trivializes the game.

I think every tier is like t1 or t2. IT makes no sense like it is. No Motivation to invest in weapons plat or something to make it better for the ultimate endless round!! If de dont change it de will get Poor in a fast way. No one will stay longer than 3 months if they stay so long. IT was a perfect Motivation to beat the minutes or waves. I hated the nullifier buff but now i would prefer the buff of nullifier and for that change it back to void 1.0

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk

On 8/12/2016 at 4:21 AM, JustOR1G1N said:

Yes, I can, but why farming now has nothing to do with challenge? Why these things got separated? Struggling against high level enemies isn't worth it anymore (I don't need those "rare" mods and credit packs). It feels like I wasting my time doing this. Now I have to choose between fun and rewards (because I can't call 5 min runs "fun").

if you enjoy challenging yourself then do it if you cant do it without a prime part as a reward then you did not  enjoy it even if you think you did

8 hours ago, hazerddex said:

if you enjoy challenging yourself then do it if you cant do it without a prime part as a reward then you did not  enjoy it even if you think you did

that's like telling someone to work for free. there has to be incentive on doing it.

1 minute ago, maxedpotato said:

that's like telling someone to work for free. there has to be incentive on doing it.

then you did not enjoy doing it i write novels because i want to i dont care if i get payed or not 

do artist make art to get payed no they do it because they want to

Edited by hazerddex

i enjoyed putting effort in because i could save keys and get more rewards. i actually had a use for my mods and this kept me busy. and i'm sure it was the case for more players than just me. it's not really fair to assume someone else would do things unrewardingly because you would. every mission feels like a race to the finish at this point.