Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy FPS drop during Excavation missions.

aerosoul1337

This happens after Specter of the Rail.

Heavy FPS stuttering during Excavation missions.

My FPS drop from 200 to 40 sometimes.

This happens after Specter of the Rail.

Frames and factions do not matter.

EDIT:

Update, as of current game version, I noticed that something has changed.

The longer you stay in an excavation mission, the lower fps you get.

Edited by aerosoul1337

The stuttering went away a while ago but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something they already tried to fix. We'll have to wait and see if they can make it better since people have been trying to fix this themselves and it hasn't really made any difference in performance.

If you wanna keep up with that stuff there's a thread trying to figure out the lower performance with SotR

I had a similar experience on Sunday playing long excavation mission on Hieracon.  I don't recall the team composition but the FPS performance was eroding over time.  In one mission we conceded to the extract at around 2300 cryo because we were all experiencing poor FPS.  I have a 1070 with current drivers and I was getting between 30 and 45 FPS at that point.  Similar to OP, I typically get 140 or more FPS.  I can give it another run this evening if no patches are pushed out in the interim and log a ticket with support along with all appropriate logs and performance commentary in squad chat.

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

How long would you say it takes you to start experiencing these framerate issues in an Excavation mission?
Is it immediately after you load into the level? Or is it after a certain amount of time?

Not immediately after I load into the level.

It seems to happen after several Excavators and enemy groups show up.

Sometimes I got random stuttering (FPS drop to extremely low for 1~2 seconds).

But like @H8RAID said, sometimes it gets worse and worse if we stay long enough. I thought it was some kind of memory leak.

Edited by aerosoul1337

2 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Not immediately after I load into the level.

It seems to happen after several Excavators and enemy groups show up.

Sometimes I got random stuttering (FPS drop to extremely low for 1~2 seconds).

But like @H8RAID said, sometimes it gets worse and worse if we stay long enough. I thought it was some kind of memory leak.

Not sure if it is related or not but today I experienced something similar on a fissure mission on the Europa tileset. I believe the mission was capture or exterminate. Me and a friend were playing together on friends only and for some reason both our games would freeze for a very short period (< 1 second) every so often. It would happen for both of us at the same time and seemed to happen when moving through the map (perhaps tile/enemy spawn related). This happened about 6 or 7 times until we finished the mission. It hasn't happened on any other runs we did today so I have no idea how to reproduce it. I figured it may be related due to the same symptoms.

EDIT: it is exactly like the video here:

On 14-8-2016 at 3:10 AM, Zenviscerator said:

Is the stuttering as bad as this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2VOn1CQZKU

Also I've noticed that my minimum framerate has been lower since the update especially in bigger areas with lots of enemies. It's been going down to like 45 fps, would like to see any recommendations to improve it.

Noteworthy point: My friend was host and his task manager reported 7.1 GB of RAM being used (out of 16GB) with Warframe taking up somewhere just above 2GB. Weirdly enough all other processes summed up seemed to be roughly 1GB max. So somehow somewhere an additional 4-ish GB was being used.

That's about all the useful info I have on this. Feel free to ask for more info and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

On 2016/8/25 at 0:53 AM, H8RAID said:

I had a similar experience on Sunday playing long excavation mission on Hieracon.  I don't recall the team composition but the FPS performance was eroding over time.  In one mission we conceded to the extract at around 2300 cryo because we were all experiencing poor FPS.  I have a 1070 with current drivers and I was getting between 30 and 45 FPS at that point.  Similar to OP, I typically get 140 or more FPS.

Yes, I can confirm this too.

The longer you stay in an excavation mission, the lower fps you get.

This is all due to how warframe works I can't say to you all why but it does so if you guys can reply to my quoted thread, with PC specs and average frame rates we could see a trend going on what is happening with warframe.

As for now We need to wait to get better ULTRAFRAME performance.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

On 2016/8/24 at 11:51 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

How long would you say it takes you to start experiencing these framerate issues in an Excavation mission?
Is it immediately after you load into the level? Or is it after a certain amount of time?

Today I got extremely crazy fps drop.

This time I turn on v-sync.

Start from 60 fps, when we got 2000 or more cryo fps kepts going down.

And the fps from warframe ui displayed wrong value (75), while nvidia tool displayed a lot lower.

Finally it hit 3 fps and became completely unplayable.

But I noticed something worth to mention, when I died and revived, the fps came back from 3 to 60 again. Hope this helps.

I did type "fps broken" in chat. Will send my EE.log.

Edited by aerosoul1337

38 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Today I got extremely crazy fps drop.

This time I turn on v-sync.

Start from 60 fps, when we got 2000 or more cryo fps kepts going down.

And the fps from warframe ui displayed wrong value (75), while nvidia tool displayed a lot lower.

Finally it hit 3 fps and became completely unplayable.

But I noticed something worth to mention, when I died and revived, the fps came back from 3 to 60 again. Hope this helps.

I did type "fps broken" in chat. Will send my EE.log.

Thank you for all of this info. This is very helpful. In this case the EE.log should point us in the right direction (especially since you typed "fps broken").
Hopefully we can get this taken care of in a timely manner.

On 2016/9/2 at 0:25 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you for all of this info. This is very helpful. In this case the EE.log should point us in the right direction (especially since you typed "fps broken").
Hopefully we can get this taken care of in a timely manner.

The Silver Grove: U1.4

Fixes

• Fixed a particle system leak that would gradually erode performance and memory over time; it may also have resulted in missing effects in some cases.

So, is this the culprit of this performance drop?

10 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

The Silver Grove: U1.4

Fixes

• Fixed a particle system leak that would gradually erode performance and memory over time; it may also have resulted in missing effects in some cases.

So, is this the culprit of this performance drop?

hmm not so sure man but well said the same in another thread, going to test while streaming and see if it gives me good perfomance.

Cya out there.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Experiencing the same.

Massive disk thrashing and hitching during excavation missions.  Frequent disconnects, insanely long load times as host and client.

Something done broke in this update.

Also noticed similar in hive missions.

And noticed the same issue in missions where you're trying to open a relic.

Edited by DeMeritus

13 hours ago, DeMeritus said:

Experiencing the same.

Massive disk thrashing and hitching during excavation missions.  Frequent disconnects, insanely long load times as host and client.

Something done broke in this update.

Also noticed similar in hive missions.

And noticed the same issue in missions where you're trying to open a relic.

yes Having similar issues still as seen on my last broadcast.

I think Warframe really needs to be looked at because this gets really worse now.

Chao, The Roaring Lion