Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Titania can fly freely, why Zephyr can't?

Kemonologist

This is Zephyr, light, yet deceivingly lethal.

Zephyr brings graceful destruction to the battlefield. Look up, Tenno.

When Zephyr characteristics is airborne but she has limited flying ability more than Titania even Wukong still have more freely flying than her. She need to rework her flying now to match her theme better!! Tail Wind is fast moveing but hard to control and has very limited use in indoor area when Wukong's Cloud Walker is move slower but still easy to control more than Tail Wind. Please make Zephyr great in flying like her theme.

Zephyr was made before Parkour 2.0, when she came out she was the closest thing to flying.

A rework would be cool. They replaced Excals super jump after all. Zephyr is a cool idea but the current implementation is made obsolete by even cooler base game mechanics.

I don't know if Zephyr can fly so much as propel herself upwards/forwards with gusts of winds. It's kinda hard to control flight when it's done by creating heavy winds that push you in a general direction, at least without wings or a gliding apparatus to help stabilize yourself.

The minigame, if I'm not mistaken, simply propells Zephyr upwards when you click. Zephyr doesn't "hover" or "fly" like Titania, and she's not supposed to. Zephyr moves by wind, which is just a propelling force.

3 minutes ago, Darrekk said:

I don't know if Zephyr can fly so much as propel herself upwards/forwards with gusts of winds. It's kinda hard to control flight when it's done by creating heavy winds that push you in a general direction, at least without wings or a gliding apparatus to help stabilize yourself.

The minigame, if I'm not mistaken, simply propells Zephyr upwards when you click. Zephyr doesn't "hover" or "fly" like Titania, and she's not supposed to. Zephyr moves by wind, which is just a propelling force.

That's true, but technically if you can not only control but also CREATE that propelling force, I think she should be able to fly too! 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

The mini-game is parody. Don't let this become an art imitating life imitating art thing now.

My point stands, it's hard to control flight and very difficult to hover effectively when it's done by creating gusts of wind that push you in a direction.

16 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

That's true, but technically if you can not only control but also CREATE that propelling force, I think she should be able to fly too! 

To hover like Titania, the wind Zephyr creates would have to be constant and very precise, lest she start drifting in a direction without meaning to. It's possible, I suppose, though it would require constant attention and concentration to maintain. It would be much easier for a frame like Titania that has fairy wings, which were made to hover and freely move in the air.

But yes, it is possible to hover by creating wind under just the right circumstances. Some people do that to simulate skydiving. I just feel like Zephyr wasn't designed to be precise with her wind in the heat of battle. Then again, if she was reworked then she could be.

Edited by Darrekk

Actually, because Zephyr is like a year or two old frame and a lot of changes have happened since then.  DE keeps getting better at adding more interesting mechanics and re-inventing the wheel when it comes to what Warframes can be...  who's to say that Zephyr cant be overhauled too?

Hopefly... Zephyr gets something a bit more unique then, seeing how Titania stole her thunder.

Does need something more than her floaty "Watch me screw up your parkour" nonsense, which unfortunately is also considered her 'passive'.

30 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Actually, because Zephyr is like a year or two old frame and a lot of changes have happened since then.  DE keeps getting better at adding more interesting mechanics and re-inventing the wheel when it comes to what Warframes can be...  who's to say that Zephyr cant be overhauled too?

Exactly this,

I would love to see DE redo a lot of the old "undesirable" frames, which there are a decent few now.

all you really need is a re ability rework and some fashion frame additions (skin+helmet) and all is good for a while.

(also lets be honest, Titania has had an extremely biased creation lol, they are going to be one of the better looking frames w/ similarly cool abilities for a while.)

Edited by Atlas.0-5