Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Titania can fly freely, why Zephyr can't?

Kemonologist

Zephyr can't fly while Titania can -  for the same reason, why Titania can fly and Rhino can't. But wait for the Titania Update, and the Flying Pink Rhinos will be a common sight in Larunda :)

Edit: Consider putting a Titania's Noble animation on Zephyr to ease the pain.

Edited by mobilehacker
grammar fixed

^zephyr LITERALLY floats as her sorta passive since before passives were even cool so...yeah. Titania floats because she's based off fairies (tinker bell and the like) so thats why she flies aswell as why her last move has her shrink down and enter arching mode. Zephyr is air/wind themed, this doesn't mean flight it means air/wind manipulation.

You guys Don't get it all. There's a thing called density and mass of you want to get scientific. Also volume and gravity. Sure zephyr ways less than air because of all the odium and she's modeled after a bird but she's big bird from Sesame Street, both can't fly. Now the reason why Titania can fly is that she shrinks while keeping her mass so basically she's even lighter and plus she has actual wings. I know Wuking can fly but that's cloud walker he hops into the clouds like from Mario. Unless Zephyr can shrink grow wings or hop into clouds she's still that RNG tornado slinger who can jump high. ^^ Excaliburs Super jump and rhinos Heavy impact passive

1 hour ago, mobilehacker said:

Zephyr can't fly while Titania can -  for the same reason, why Titania can fly and Rhino can't. But wait for the Titania Update, and the Flying Pink Rhinos will be a common sight in Larunda :)

Edit: Consider putting a Titania's Noble animation on Zephyr to ease the pain.

no zephyr can fly titanias floating/hovering

Zephyr got wrecked by parkour 2.0; surprised her stuff hasn't been looked at given that mega jump was removed and bounce pad got turned into grenade version of ivara's arrows. Although the latter took quite a while.

Edited by Diana.K

4 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

And why Oberon cant too?

Er, Oberon is a Paladin, essentially, or a Druid with his deluxe skin.

Yet as to how anyone can consider Oberon to be a Paladin when Paladin's are essentially known for being durable and supportive (one thing Oberon is not and one thing he does moderately well) is beyond me.

Either way, he's not meant to fly, despite being named after the king of the fairies.

14 hours ago, GorgontheMorgon said:

You guys Don't get it all. There's a thing called density and mass of you want to get scientific. Also volume and gravity. Sure zephyr ways less than air because of all the odium and she's modeled after a bird but she's big bird from Sesame Street, both can't fly. Now the reason why Titania can fly is that she shrinks while keeping her mass so basically she's even lighter and plus she has actual wings. I know Wuking can fly but that's cloud walker he hops into the clouds like from Mario. Unless Zephyr can shrink grow wings or hop into clouds she's still that RNG tornado slinger who can jump high. ^^ Excaliburs Super jump and rhinos Heavy impact passive

Um, titania would weigh the same because she has the same mass but a higher density, which if her "wings" shrink down, then she would have less surface area to push herself, meaning that she falls like a rock

6 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Er, Oberon is a Paladin, essentially, or a Druid with his deluxe skin.

Yet as to how anyone can consider Oberon to be a Paladin when Paladin's are essentially known for being durable and supportive (one thing Oberon is not and one thing he does moderately well) is beyond me.

Either way, he's not meant to fly, despite being named after the king of the fairies.

Idk about you but my Oberon is durable 

Here's where I re-post my idea from a similar thread about a month ago.

" Why not just turn her passive right now into a different one?  The only idea I have is changing her aim gliding into a flying state that would give you complete control of where you wanted to go.  You'd keep the ability to shoot, but it only lasts as long as normal aim gliding would."

It's not a perfect idea, but you guys get the gist of it.  I'd hope it'd be kind of like old archwing movement was.

Edited by ZaiTheFish

Simple really. Feature Creep. When DE released Zephyr, there was no arsewing so they decided to give her airborne capabilities through Tailwind and her general light frame. There's plenty more examples of this in the game:

Exalted Weapons. Mesa was a pioneer then the mechanic got spread to other frames including reworked Excalibur.

Same with Channeled abilities. Started with few frames then spread among more of them as a balancing tool.

Booben's mine layer wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Ivara

Rhino's Iron Skin's mechanics were pretty straightforward and simple until few months after Frost's Snow Globe rework.

I'm sure a year later when DE finally get around to reworking Zephyr they will make her fly somehow but for now enjoy what you have

On 13/08/2016 at 9:31 PM, GorgontheMorgon said:

You guys Don't get it all. There's a thing called density and mass of you want to get scientific.

Logic went out the window once I meditated. Screw gravity.

And if you want to get "scientific" there's such a thing as technology. Just slap a doohiky onto the warframe to make what you want happen actually happen. A wingsuit design for more gliding or something.

Edited by Taramafor