Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Recent News about Cross Platform?

Zakilldozer

I was looking on a couple forums and Steam forums as well. I can't seem to see any recent news on Cross Platform. I am a PC player and my father plays XB1. I was wondering when, if there will ever be a point where PC and XB1 can play together. From what I can tell PC and PS4 can play together but not XB1. All the information I could find was from 2014, and Warframe has come a long way since then. If someone or anyone could help or provide an answer it'd be very much appreciated! 

There'll never be cross-platform since A) The Updates will have to be the same, and B) Microsoft and Sony don't wanna share. The only time you could claim there was Cross-platform was when Warfraem was launching on consoles you could transfer your PC account but that was a tiny window that closed already.

5 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

There'll never be cross-platform since A) The Updates will have to be the same, and B) Microsoft and Sony don't wanna share. The only time you could claim there was Cross-platform was when Warfraem was launching on consoles you could transfer your PC account but that was a tiny window that closed already.

A is right, B is not. Paragon is crossplatform PC/PS4, Gears of War 4 will be crossplatform PC/XBone.

Maybe ps4 and Xbox one day but its not gonna happen with PC. This kind of topic is why we need a section at the top of the forums that says "Frequently asked questions YOU SHOULDNT ASK" so we can throw this in there with things like : Give us a first person mode. Bring Excalibur prime back. Make opposite gender skins for all frames (which I saw just minutes ago).

2 minutes ago, Plushy said:

Maybe ps4 and Xbox one day but its not gonna happen with PC. This kind of topic is why we need a section at the top of the forums that says "Frequently asked questions YOU SHOULDNT ASK" so we can throw this in there with things like : Give us a first person mode. Bring Excalibur prime back. Make opposite gender skins for all frames (which I saw just minutes ago).

Its a new account on the forums, they have an excuse for not knowing lol.

I do wish Xbox and PS4 at least would go cross play, up the player population anyway.  Sony/Microsoft why you no do dis???

7 minutes ago, Plushy said:

you forgot a couple... 'Why is my clan symbol offensive' followed by removed image of symbol.
'Remove the second dread I don't like it'

There are more - lots more. I just can not think of any right now.

@Plushy It could be blinking in a neion color in 900 point font surrounded by flames and narrated by Loren Greene though the speakers and people would miss it...  People are generally oblivious...[just like me!] 

Edited by Invisioblack

25 minutes ago, Plushy said:

With Microsoft and Sony competing against each other in the Console market? 

Man, I fondly remember those happy days where I played Final Fantasy XI on a PC, with friends who were playing on Playstation 2 and Xbox 360. We all played together, cross-platform, on the same servers. Service for consoles has stopped a while back and apparently they're working on mobile clients now, but it sure was great to play with everybody across so many platforms at the time. It's a shame this won't be a thing in Warframe. Or most modern games, really.

Yes. Is still not happening. Due to the nature of the certification process that Microsoft and Sony require for the games/builds to be in their stores, and that pc changes builds faster, consoles cant keep the pace, unless DE stops developing/testing/hotfixing for pc and launch builds in all platforms at once, something DE already stated they are not gonna do.