Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.3

[DE]Megan

Just now, Eldritchkitty said:

Wait really? I was able to get it fine, guess I'm just lucky. Now I'm curious what it changed to.

it changed to crap.  We've already seen the damn tetra multiple times in the last few months, we don't need to see it again for at least 6 months now.

1 hour ago, Orthelius said:

9df3b40da1cf4c53824857fbac75d618.png

Evening region - once again my time to 'push my own agenda'!

Once again, please remove or tune down the drift on Archwing, the manoeuvrability of the Archwings in missions has been crushed by the fact that quick turns around sharp corners are incredibly difficult to pull off at high speeds - making the Jordas Verdict tunnel sections very difficult (without the Ameesha or shield restores).

Also, I bring this up due to the fixing of Valkyr - I am still in favour of knocking down her ult from invincibility to 95%/90% damage reduction whilst adding in a 30% loss of health every 10 seconds (to force Hysteria to be used in combat and not to sit around doing nothing), but also removing the scaling up energy cost. Currently at 100% it is at base of 15 energy per second, scaling up from 3 energy per second, which (with Valkyr's 150 energy pool) is horribly limiting to newer players, to the point where most lower level players are abandoning Hysteria completely. As the Berserker warframe, allowing Valkyr to maintain Hysteria for longer periods of time, but forcing it to be used in combat is what it should be about - rewarding aggressive melee play while punishing passive use of Hysteria as a cheese tactic. (As a note, if this were considered as the change it should work how it does currently - Status effects don't impact Valkyr, energy drain eximus do, leaving Hysteria can cause damage to reflect back on Valkyr, and rage won't work while Hysteria is active.)

I strongly agree with both points here, I hate the drifting and the spinning of the new arcwing movement system, it's a little better than it used to be at U19 launch, it no longer makes me want to throw up in seconds, but it's still very much inferior to the movement system we used to have.

More responsive control, less unpredicted movement, makes the player feel more in control, less confused, and more powerful.

Now I feel like I'm flying a drunk pig around in missions.. that's not a feeling I ever desired.

And perhaps Valkyr's #4 making her immortal forever was a problem, but, how about just not making her immortal then?

Dont add a damage return debuff AND nerf it's energy so hard that it requires primed flow to even work, that completely ruins her for new players, and older players have access to warframes with non-ult abilities that do very similar things, but with much less pain.

... I dont see valkyr around anymore..

Edited by enizer

1 hour ago, Orthelius said:

Also, I bring this up due to the fixing of Valkyr - I am still in favour of knocking down her ult from invincibility to 95%/90% damage reduction whilst adding in a 30% loss of health every 10 seconds (to force Hysteria to be used in combat and not to sit around doing nothing), but also removing the scaling up energy cost. Currently at 100% it is at base of 15 energy per second, scaling up from 3 energy per second, which (with Valkyr's 150 energy pool) is horribly limiting to newer players, to the point where most lower level players are abandoning Hysteria completely. As the Berserker warframe, allowing Valkyr to maintain Hysteria for longer periods of time, but forcing it to be used in combat is what it should be about - rewarding aggressive melee play while punishing passive use of Hysteria as a cheese tactic. (As a note, if this were considered as the change it should work how it does currently - Status effects don't impact Valkyr, energy drain eximus do, leaving Hysteria can cause damage to reflect back on Valkyr, and rage won't work while Hysteria is active.)

You seem to not understand what you are stating here. Valkyr has a base armor rating of 600, meaning at base stats she takes 1/3 dmg. With maxed Armored Agility and Steel fiber she has 2130 armor meaning she takes only 13% of the dmg actually thrown at her. What your asking is to change an effect that gives her a 13% dmg resistance to give her an 8% or 3% dmg resistance instead.

I have seen a lot of people just activate Hysteria at the beginning of a mission and run through the whole thing like that but what does it matter how other people play the game? How does this affect your gameplay? Or are you mad because of pvp? I don't pvp, and I never will pvp with Valkyr because of her abilities. Now in conclave, sure change her abilities to what you stated, I'm fine with that, it makes things more fair.

But don't touch her ability in co-op. Valkyr is my solo survival/defense Warframe, she is also great for reviving people because of hysteria, which she is named after Valkyries which transport souls from battle so makes sense to use her for this. I fail to see why those of us whom play Valkyr properly should be punished for something that isn't even a problem or why the programmers should have to do so much programming to 'fix' something that isn't broken. So what if people don't play Valkyr as well as you think they should, or as others expect them to, that's no reason to change the character.

25 minutes ago, enizer said:

I strongly agree with both points here, I hate the drifting and the spinning of the new arcwing movement system, it's a little better than it used to be at U19 launch, it no longer makes me want to throw up in seconds, but it's still very much inferior to the movement system we used to have.

More responsive control, less unpredicted movement, makes the player feel more in control, less confused, and more powerful.

Now I feel like I'm flying a drunk pig around in missions.. that's not a feeling I ever desired.

And perhaps Valkyr's #4 making her immortal forever was a problem, but, how about just not making her immortal then?

Dont add a damage return debuff AND nerf it's energy so hard that it requires primed flow to even work, that completely ruins her for new players, and older players have access to warframes with non-ult abilities that do very similar things, but with much less pain.

... I dont see valkyr around anymore..

Hmm... I happen to like the total freedom the new system has the ability to barrel rolls, back flips, dives etc. its very...Satisfying 

As for Valkyr i don't feel that they Nerfed her but rather balanced her though they could polish her up

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

Looks like shadow health drain is hear to stay for a while unfortunately :-/

yeah mine friend....why they not fix this decay? :(...is too high ,and don't tell me that is fine because i hate press 4 and spend 100 base energy avere 30 seconds, because the undeads aren't strong, they do more damage ok, but if you test for example,1 liv 100 undead heavy gunner with 1.5% of decay vs a greneer liv 100 hevay gunner , who's win?...The greneer win, ..so i'm sorry but this is a real problem for a nekros to have to babysitting his minnions every 30 seconds, it's an new "stop to play and press botton", same situation when desecrate was by pressing 3

I don't see the issue people have with the Shadow Drain. If you want them to last longer, just pump your efficiency. If you're wanting to forgo efficiency to make them stronger, then you're going to have to find a way to pump energy into them. I basically just recast SotD at the end of each wave of defense missions and they're fine. A little attrition here and there but that just means I've replaced a lower level shadow with a higher level enemy. And that duration is with a 45% efficiency to energy anyway, so it's really not that bad.

7 minutes ago, nulloperations said:

I don't see the issue people have with the Shadow Drain. If you want them to last longer, just pump your efficiency. If you're wanting to forgo efficiency to make them stronger, then you're going to have to find a way to pump energy into them. I basically just recast SotD at the end of each wave of defense missions and they're fine. A little attrition here and there but that just means I've replaced a lower level shadow with a higher level enemy. And that duration is with a 45% efficiency to energy anyway, so it's really not that bad.

The problem is with people who do not have every prime mod maxed.

Or that don't have corrupted mods maxed.

or otherwise are not meta.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Specters of the Rail: U2.3

Fixes

• Fixed Corpus/Grineer reinforcements spawning during Infestation mobile defense Alert/Sortie missions.

I actualy liked having several faction on the field there, giving a somewhat suprise and twist to the mission, maybe making this a thing in the future?

2 hours ago, Rex13568 said:

Then they they simply have to work towards those mods in the future like everyone else had to, you people talk like you play the game only for like 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Marine027

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a Syndicate Medallion spawn point being at Extraction on Europa as per: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4x9xi8/cheeky_de/

I guess no one got this spawn than? Same planet, but you can't reach it. Squatting or come at the side won't work either. 

Spoiler

DnAdW9k.jpg

Don't forget these little gems too. . . 

Spoiler

e1qPTdi.jpg

Just now, Marine027 said:

Then they they simply have to work towards those mods in the future like every else had to, you people talk like you play the game only for like 2-3 weeks.

I play every day i have the prime mods maxed but lets say Excalibur had an ability early game that you cannot cast until 1400 hours into the game not so fun.

17 minutes ago, Rex13568 said:

That's understandable to a degree, and if we were talking about a starter frame or a frame fairly early to obtain, I'd agree. But getting to the point that you're able to farm Lephantis for Nekros should warrant you a few corrupted mods, maybe one or two prime mods (although the only one I use on Nekros is flow). No, not mastered everything to where you can slap the perfect loadout on Nekros, but enough to where you can handle him, and then have something to work towards. I don't think they should be designing the powers around the highest tier players, but outside of buying him right away or being taxi farmed by others, brand new players aren't going to be coming to Nekros with nothing.

2 minutes ago, nulloperations said:

That's understandable to a degree, and if we were talking about a starter frame or a frame fairly early to obtain, I'd agree. But getting to the point that you're able to farm Lephantis for Nekros should warrant you a few corrupted mods, maybe one or two prime mods (although the only one I use on Nekros is flow). No, not mastered everything to where you can slap the perfect loadout on Nekros, but enough to where you can handle him, and then have something to work towards. I don't think they should be designing the powers around the highest tier players, but outside of buying him right away or being taxi farmed by others, brand new players aren't going to be coming to Nekros with nothing.

Good point. 

However if most of of the community says it should be change it likely should be change.

Besides that you can only benefit by a removal or a reduction of the health decay.

This has probably been mentioned but I couldn't be bothered to look for it:

When you try to launch the same relic mission you have just done from the void fissure tab, the relic selection window will blink and then close. You have to leave your current lobby and to be able to select the mission again. Can this be fixed please?

Nice work with Nekros DE :)

1 minute ago, Rex13568 said:

Good point. 

However if most of of the community says it should be change it likely should be change.

Besides that you can only benefit by a removal or a reduction of the health decay.

Well, yeah, but the community complained about Frost's bubble being changed to a mobile bubble (which sucked because it was really cool), so forgive me for not being always in agreement with the community.

That said, how about a compromise? Life drain as is, but give Nekros a natural "pulse" like effect with health orbs he picks up. If his shadows are nearby, they restore some health (based on power strength or just straight amount although I'd be worried about scaling at that point). It'll encourage a bit of synergy between his third and fourth power since that'll be a way to get orbs (even though we don't always get orbs now).