Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.3

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, nulloperations said:

Well, yeah, but the community complained about Frost's bubble being changed to a mobile bubble (which sucked because it was really cool), so forgive me for not being always in agreement with the community.

That said, how about a compromise? Life drain as is, but give Nekros a natural "pulse" like effect with health orbs he picks up. If his shadows are nearby, they restore some health (based on power strength or just straight amount although I'd be worried about scaling at that point). It'll encourage a bit of synergy between his third and fourth power since that'll be a way to get orbs (even though we don't always get orbs now).

Change desecrate to always get orbs again and boost drop rate over all and maybe I'd agree with this.

Just now, nulloperations said:

Well, yeah, but the community complained about Frost's bubble being changed to a mobile bubble (which sucked because it was really cool), so forgive me for not being always in agreement with the community.

That said, how about a compromise? Life drain as is, but give Nekros a natural "pulse" like effect with health orbs he picks up. If his shadows are nearby, they restore some health (based on power strength or just straight amount although I'd be worried about scaling at that point). It'll encourage a bit of synergy between his third and fourth power since that'll be a way to get orbs (even though we don't always get orbs now).

Hm i don't remember that am i a dummy? i remember it being stationary since forever.

The Compromise sounds agreeable. or it could incorporate his passive except to a greater degree like a percentage instead of a flat addishion.

5 minutes ago, Rex13568 said:

Hm i don't remember that am i a dummy? i remember it being stationary since forever.

The Compromise sounds agreeable. or it could incorporate his passive except to a greater degree like a percentage instead of a flat addishion.

No, it was only for a fairly short amount of time. The community anger about it was, uh, impressive. I doubt that many really remember it, but I think of each time I see an arctic eximus enemy. Pretty much was identical to that to give Frost the ability to move around. I keep hoping it'll show up as an augment mod for his globe.

1 minute ago, nulloperations said:

No, it was only for a fairly short amount of time. The community anger about it was, uh, impressive. I doubt that many really remember it, but I think of each time I see an arctic eximus enemy. Pretty much was identical to that to give Frost the ability to move around. I keep hoping it'll show up as an augment mod for his globe.

Ah yeah that would explain why got frost a long time ago leveled him then sold him.(to explain why i don't remember : )

10 minutes ago, nulloperations said:

While a mobile bubble would be cool I can see why people wouldn't want it as well, having the /option/ to have it mobile would be neat but potentially overpowered with the sheer amount of health that thing can have.

1 minute ago, Eldritchkitty said:

While a mobile bubble would be cool I can see why people wouldn't want it as well, having the /option/ to have it mobile would be neat but potentially overpowered with the sheer amount of health that thing can have.

Fair, but then back then it wasn't as good as a bubble. You had to layer the bubble back then, instead of just boosting it up.

1 minute ago, Eldritchkitty said:

Plus you would have to stay still during defense.

2 hours ago, nulloperations said:

I don't see the issue people have with the Shadow Drain. If you want them to last longer, just pump your efficiency. If you're wanting to forgo efficiency to make them stronger, then you're going to have to find a way to pump energy into them. I basically just recast SotD at the end of each wave of defense missions and they're fine. A little attrition here and there but that just means I've replaced a lower level shadow with a higher level enemy. And that duration is with a 45% efficiency to energy anyway, so it's really not that bad.

Compare it to previous builds.

It's costing you more to keep them up, you have to actively monitor them & you have fewer of them offering no comparable damage in place of the lost shadows. 

I do like the better enemies summoned but it's been needlessly over balanced for an ability that wasn't OP to begin with. And it detracted from what was said about duration not being needed. 

Not it only is it needed but it's harder to track & even harder to build for in comparison to how he was before.

When solo-ing A void fissure you only get one item choice so why show the screen at all (no choice in the matter/ waste of 15 seconds). Also monsters continue to spawn after acquiring (Reactant Collected 10/10), this problem can make you lose a mission due to enemies constant swarming you and/ or killing you before extracting. Just stop them from spawning please, the void is closed.

The only mission of which you get a break on is exterminating in fissure(s) due to a limited number of enemies. But it should be all missions. I feel like the clone wars landed in front of me.

Edited by Jakku

Doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem, but the 2.3 update caused Warframe to start cooking my CPU.

Was perfectly fine beforehand, logged off for a couple hours during the time of the hotfix, logged back in, and shortly after had my computer force restart.

After launching the game, before I even get the chance to enter my password, my CPU is already around 70c, if I keep the game in focus, it continues to climb until my computer dies. I tried turning all settings to min, in case one of them was somehow the cause, but it didn't help, even with the game windowed, and a small resolution as well, after minimizing the game even, cpu wouldn't drop below 70c.

To make sure it was indeed the game, I played around on some other games that are much more demanding than Warframe, and my temps were mostly in the 55-60c range.

Basically the 2.3 update causes my cpu to run about 20 degrees hotter than before.

Don't suppose Ordis is now calculating Pi in his free time now or something?

PS: Friends don't seem to be encountering anything like this, I'm really confused.

PPS: Since that last edit my friend started encountering his temps getting close to 70c while he was afk in his ship.

Edited by Kuroteiryuu

A couple of suggestions r.e. SoTD.

#1 Shadows that have manned a grineer gun emplacement can't teleport back to you, meaning you effectively loose the damage reduction for it until it dies.

#2 As Necros' casting for SoTD is so slow, could it be changed to a hold to charge skill like Inaros' scarab armor, with a shadow being formed every half second or so until you hit the cap. You would then get at least some resistance from the start of the cast. Currently if you get ambushed as you start casting, you almost always die before you can finish. With a hold to charge cast mode, you could abort the cast and have at least few shadows. It would make him a bit more flexible. You also maybe could add an "overcharge" mechanic to it, boosting the shadows health if you keep charging after you hit the 7 shadows cap.