Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A nikana stance that shows the actual blade?

(PSN)ballintilldeath9

Does anyone else think that there should be a Stance where you ubsheath your nikana? Because there's different styles of stances for katanas and one would be a 2 handed stance not just strokes like the stance "decisive judgement" but actually taking out the katana and weilding it with 2 hands. I'm jot saying a new stance, but a modified version of one. Where we can actually see the blade for at least 5 seconds because coloring the blade something else is not really necesarry since you can't really see it so I was thinking of a modified decisive judgment where the sword is held with 2 hands for at least 5 secs before it is sheathed back. So it gives off the kind of vibe that you get when samurais hold their swords 

Edited by (PS4)ballintilldeath9

10 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

You are confusing the scenario. You do unsheathe it, not like you attack with the sheath. And that is not "iai" either. You only sheath it back after you finished using it. Not a significant difference, considering the draw speed.

I agree with op, it doesnt make sense that you sheath your katana after each strike especially when you are in the thick of battle surrounded by enemies. Aesthetically it makes sense for Tranquil Cleave since since its more of a iaido inspired stance, or fro Blind Justice since its a clear reference to Zatoichi and he almost never fights with his sword unsheathed. But It would be cool if for Decisive Judgement the Tenno unsheaths the katana and remains in guard.

I don't think we need a new stance for Nikanas so I'd rather see an existing stance just have the sword drawn when equipped, then used how it currently is when the primary or secondary is equipped. If we do ever get a full drawn stance though, I would like to see the sheath incorporated and used as a weapon as well, striking and blocking.

I think some new tech to tell when you are out of combat (no damage taken or received in 5 seconds) which could be applied to several melee weapons (particularly Decisive judgement since the other two are meant to use the sword draw as part of the swing) to switch between sheathed/lowered and a ready stance would be very appreciated since a lot of people play the game like a hack and slash. Obviously this will not happen since it is so inconsequential, but a weeb can dream. 

Edited by (PS4)Asdeft

1 hour ago, (PS4)Asdeft said:

I think some new tech to tell when you are out of combat

It's already implemented though. The frame folds the blades of stuff like Dual Raza after some time out of combat.

Edited by Epsik-kun

I agree with OP. Tranquil Cleave or Blind Justice has their stances for a "one handed grip" as the mod description shows, but Decisive Judgement no. Isn't the Decisive Judgement inspired by kendo too? There is no meaning to simply put the sword back everytime.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Since Nikanas have really good stances I think there will be no new stance for them you know...

But not a new stance, just modify the existing ones, just to make the tenno hold the nikana outside once unsheathed for a period of time before putting it back in. This makes especial sense for decisive judgement.

Just now, John89brensen said:

But not a new stance, just modify the existing ones, just to make the tenno hold the nikana outside once unsheathed for a period of time before putting it back in. This makes especial sense for decisive judgement.

Oh I get it. that makes sense

23 hours ago, (PS4)ballintilldeath9 said:

Does anyone else think that there should be a Stance where you ubsheath your nikana? Because there's different styles of stances for katanas and one would be a 2 handed stance not just strokes like the stance "decisive judgement" but actually taking out the katana and weilding it with 2 hands 

Just a heads up, i believe the Megathread tag is Mod/Dev use only. Why it still shows for us mere mortals, idk but yea, might want to remove it before a mod gets ya.

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM, -BM-Leonhart said:

You are confusing the scenario. You do unsheathe it, not like you attack with the sheath. And that is not "iai" either. You only sheath it back after you finished using it. Not a significant difference, considering the draw speed.

I don't mean it like that, I meant like it would be cool to actually see your frame hold the katana like how samurais who weild their katanas with 2 hands. I know the DEVs probably won't even bother to read this thread haha but I just wanted people to know that it would be cool 

6 hours ago, (PS4)ballintilldeath9 said:

I don't mean it like that, I meant like it would be cool to actually see your frame hold the katana like how samurais who weild their katanas with 2 hands. I know the DEVs probably won't even bother to read this thread haha but I just wanted people to know that it would be cool 

I think you make a valid point, i thought many times how ridiculous it was for the tenno to sheath the nikana immediately after striking, even if it is surrounded by enemies. Problem is devs dont usually fix things that arent broken, so they might not be inclined to invest time and resources on altering a stance that was released over a 2 years ago, though i really hope they do change how it works.