Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about the current state of Incubator interface?

Niennah

1 hour ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Of course if they just got rid of this completely pointless decay/stasis/rush system, things would become convenient and user-friendly, so it's probably never gonna change.

I'm ok with the stasis/rush system (mainly since the upgrade segment alows you to rush out of stasis for credits), but the decay system is really annoying. Maybe instead of 5% daily (I got the upgrade segment before completing the quest so idk how much the decay rate is without it) it could be maybe 15% every 3 days or 20% every 4 days.

Or change decay system  to where applying the stabilizer will prevent decay for a certain amount of time (in adition to healing the decay of course). (Also stacking the stabilizer effects should be prevented)

Also the imprints and stasis previews lack description, a small picture of the pet type is not enough, they should just change it to for example:

[Pet name] 

Huras Kubrow

(Size maybe?)

(Maybe unchanged stats?)

27 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Why? Why change the decay system to something slightly less annoying? It would still be pointless, add nothing useful to the game and only serve to be a pain in the neck. Can't we just get rid of it already? 

If DE is fine with getting rid of it then that's even better, but if not (which I feel is likely) then I'm just trying to find a comprimise.

39 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

If DE is fine with getting rid of it then that's even better, but if not (which I feel is likely) then I'm just trying to find a comprimise.

Fair enough. I just think it would still be annoying, if slightly less so. It's like going to a doctor to remove a tumor, but he can't fix it, so he'll draw a funny face on it instead.

35 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Its not like we have to feed our pets IRL too.

... oh wait.

So what, you wanna pay taxes for your pets, clean up their crap, exercise them and trim their claws in Warframe, as well? Besides, what's the logic here? "RL pets need food, so it's okay that pets in warframe need injections"? Even when those injections clearly aren't food? And how does that make this mechanic less annoying and unnecessary or even okay?

Edited by Berserkerkitten

12 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

So what, you wanna pay taxes for your pets, clean up their crap, exercise them and trim their claws in Warframe, as well? Besides, yes, I do feed my pets IRL, but I don't give them daily  injections. How is that feeding? :P

I dont know how to respond this without it bringing up an unpleasant subject but....

When you are in a hospital, awake, but cant eat because something happened or by the doctor's orders because you will do an exam soon, what do the medics do? They put nutrients directly into you by leaving a tube connected to your arm's vein while you watch in boredoom the transparent liquid going into your body, it doesnt get rid of the hunger, but hydrates the body and somewhat feeds you.

Edited by Venom-Snake

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

I dont know how to respond this without it bringing up an unpleasant subject but....

When you are in a hospital, awake, but cant eat because something happened or by the doctor's orders because you will do an exam soon, what do the medics do? They put nutrients directly into your vein by leaving a tube connected to your arm's vein while you watch in boredoom the transparent liquid going into your body, it doesnt get rid of the hunger, but hydrates the body and somewhat feeds you.

And these tubes are called feeding tubes. They're for sustenance. I get that. In Warframe, however, you use DNA stabilizers which have nothing to do with food at all. Pretending you're "feeding" the pet doesn't make this mechanic any more pointless or annoying imho.

For the sake of the discussion, let's pretend the stabilizers were actually, literally called pet food. I still don't think they'd be a fun addition to the game. I mean, where do we draw the line? So the pet eats, but it doesn't use a litterbox? The pet gets hungry but the operator doesn't? I just find it weird to say, eh, RL pets need stuff, so it's okay that ingame companions need arbitrary babysitting.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

3 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

And these tubes are called feeding tubes. They're for sustenance. I get that. In Warframe, however, you use DNA stabilizers which have nothing to do with food at all. Pretending you're "feeding" the pet doesn't make this mechanic any more pointless or annoying imho.

Yeah, those. I didnt know how they were called in english.

But there was a response to that from Cephalon Cordylon, I asked the same thing as well:

https://warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-27

Kao-Snake* asks: Why is DNA of the Kubrows degenerating all the time? Earth's Kubrows don't have that problem.

While certainly deadly in their own right, the feral Kubrow of Earth have adapted themselves to their environment over generations of breeding and slow genetic refinement. Although the ideal behaviors and characteristics for a loyal companion still lay within their DNA, forcibly surfacing such traits does come with considerable risk.

While breeding Kubrow in a manner that would reduce genetic deterioration is entirely possible, the amount of time needed for selective breeding would take years if done 'traditionally'.

*Old alias

Edited by Venom-Snake

Came back to a dead kubrow. Forgot to put it in stasis. And now I got TWO of those scavengers in a ROW which I don't even want.

Is it really too much to have the pet have to recover for a week or something because it's so weak from neglect instead of outright dying? All it takes is one hardware hiccup and a lack of funds for your pet to disappear for good. Seriously, for a game like this that's too much. We're not on the sims here.

Edited by Taramafor

43 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

Came back to a dead kubrow. Forgot to put it in stasis. And now I got TWO of those scavengers in a ROW which I don't even want.

Is it really too much to have the pet have to recover for a week or something because it's so weak from neglect instead of outright dying? All it takes is one hardware hiccup and a lack of funds for your pet to disappear for good. Seriously, for a game like this that's too much. We're not on the sims here.

It's lame and annoying but theres an upgrade which puts a kubrow about to die into stasis automatically. A band aid solution they introduced. Personally wish they get rid of it completely. If i wanted a rl pet to look after I'd buy one, in real life.

Edited by Naith