The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Deluxe Skin and a much need rework/buff for her

(PSN)Armsdealer75

Hi im postiong this thread for a general discussion related to Zephyr being as shes my favorite frame, I feel that she needs some tweaking to keep up with the current meta of warframe.

I feel her first two abilitys should be changed (imo) perhaps the ability to fly?  After all she is a bird and therefore should have that power in her arsenal much like Titania and wukongs abilitys, what do you guys think? Id love to see your opinions :) 

Also id like to get an update on zephyr's deluxe skin that was teased awhile back, cause since then i havent heard anything about it :(

Her dive-bomb is only usable while she's already in the air, so it's rarely used even when Zephyr is in the air.

Her first ability performs the same thing as a bullet jump while she's on the ground and launches her forward while already airborne. I have no problem with the second half of it, but it could use a tweak, I agree.

1 hour ago, Dorde_Sukalo said:

Titania alredy has the ability to fly, if zephyr had it then titanias ult whould not be special, i only think her 2cnd power is not that great.

Well, Zephyr is the one that should've had it in the first place. I don't care Titania would no longer be special (honestly, it still would be special, because it's an archwing, not a bird). Maybe Zephyr could have a flight model where it has to stay in motion when in flight mode or something. And, of course, it wouldn't be able to shoot weapons while in flight mode, maybe just knockdown enemies.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes i was on it ,and it wasnt confirmed ....

also the model shown in dev stream was an inprogress concept

ayJURsx.jpg

They way I understood it was:

That skin was never a real thing. 

One of the art guys made it as a joke and it will never be a real thing because of the huge wings that would clip with every object in the known universe.

And to be honest: it's a good thing that skin will never be a thing because it is ugly as hell

Just now, Helch0rn said:

They way I understood it was:

That skin was never a real thing. 

One of the art guys made it as a joke and it will never be a real thing because of the huge wings that would clip with every object in the known universe.

And to be honest: it's a good thing that skin will never be a thing because it is ugly as hell

in all honesty i liked it way more then novas .... *shivers* 

and sheldon made a comment of reducing the wing size in that dev stream 

She's really not a bad frame at all, but she does need some work. Divebomb isn't awful either. It's a good knockdown, and since it's damage is lackluster, there's no reason to worry about height. Just small jump is fine and you get some CC. None of her abilities do great damage, as she's more of a CC frame anyway, so I'm not sure what people expect out of Divebomb. I do think Divebomb could possibly be put into Tailwind and a new ability added though. Which, while we're at it, Tailwind is fine too. It gives you much greater speed than a normal bullet jump and can be chained with bullet jumps and glides and every other movement to cover more ground more quickly. Turbulence is great, of course, but Tornado could use some love or maybe a replacement.

I wish that Deluxe skin was a joke....

Just rework her 1 ability and combine it with her 2 ability's effect. Make it go in the direction I want it to instead of going straight up when I'm on the ground. Then give her a new ability. Give her 4 ability a rework too. Instead of summoning all the tornadoes at once, maybe one at a time for more control with less energy consumption?

Edited by SicSlaver

What if glide would let you hover and the time hovering would be similar to a wall mount where it's not infinite but still long enough to be useful? A jump and glide without movement inputs would result in a hover and maybe let her only move in a forward direction where you are aiming(no strafing left to right while hovering/gliding for pvp reasons). It would keep Titania's flight movement unique while Zephyr's would be unique as well. Thoughts?

On 19/08/2016 at 3:40 PM, Cryowynd said:

Skin is being worked on, shown on last devstream. It looks pretty good IMO. Hopefully now that she's in the dev's attention, she'll be getting her rework.5d1d754c7d96de3bb3554ddd55e1b549.png

Oh, huh. I thought I paid attention to the devstream. I completely missed this. It actually doesn't look too bad.

• 3 weeks later...