Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Amazon Skin and Helmet

Hi Tenno!

I've been working on this over the past week and figured I'd show you all how it's coming along. I'm kinda at the stage now where I stare at renders of it and see all the little problems! Just waiting on a response from DE on whether I need to also skin the collar, tubes, arm attachment too or not.

DEMcjt8.pngcjABynM.png

Edited by Cinnamon.Vector
  • Like 1

I never really liked how Valkyr looks. But this... (*_*)

It's sleek and makes her look totally different from the base model. And that's what I'm expecting when I consider buying a Tennogen skin.

So please, make it happen ! ^^

Keep up the good work.

Edited by matto

25 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

The skin looks great, but the head is ginormous.

It's funny you should mention that. Just before I rendered her I though the interface between neck and head looked a bit tight so I scaled the head up by 6%. I'll definitely look into the sizing some more.

Looks really good so far, though if I may offer some criticisms without trying to be rude:

As others have mentioned, the head seems a bit large. Doesn't look bad, but could be scaled differently IMO. I like the long swooped look, but it extends a bit far in both directions for how bulky it is. Of course, my opinion. I feel similarly about Ember's default helm and the pompadour that comes with it, although this does look better than that one.

The upper arms feel off to me, as well. The design on the metal seems almost angular, and that contrasts from the rest of her body, which is actually really smoothed over. Of course it could be the angle, but it struck me as odd how that looks different.

Other than that, I don't have a lot else to say. Really like it. I'd like to see her with other color schemes, though, to get a feel for how it would fashion, because that's the most important thing and the very reason skins get made :P 

Also, I could have sworn that a Valkyr skin would have to have the Corpus bonds still attacked. Just like an Ember would have to have those thigh things and a Saryn would have to have the "skirt". It's awesome of they could be changed, but I didn't know they could be. 

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Looks really good so far, though if I may offer some criticisms without trying to be rude:

As others have mentioned, the head seems a bit large. Doesn't look bad, but could be scaled differently IMO. I like the long swooped look, but it extends a bit far in both directions for how bulky it is. Of course, my opinion. I feel similarly about Ember's default helm and the pompadour that comes with it, although this does look better than that one.

The upper arms feel off to me, as well. The design on the metal seems almost angular, and that contrasts from the rest of her body, which is actually really smoothed over. Of course it could be the angle, but it struck me as odd how that looks different.

Other than that, I don't have a lot else to say. Really like it. I'd like to see her with other color schemes, though, to get a feel for how it would fashion, because that's the most important thing and the very reason skins get made :P 

Also, I could have sworn that a Valkyr skin would have to have the Corpus bonds still attacked. Just like an Ember would have to have those thigh things and a Saryn would have to have the "skirt". It's awesome of they could be changed, but I didn't know they could be. 

Thanks for your comments :)  I'll certainly be doing a set of renders with different colour schemes when I've completed the skin!

A few people have mentioned the size of the helmet and I'll see what I can do to dial back the size. I had scaled it up because I was concerned about the neck area but I think that was a mistake.

By upper arms, do you mean her shoulder pads?

And I've asked about the Corpus bonds. They are in the download as separate meshes but I'm not sure if they're mandatory to do or not. I think they probably are but I'd like someone at DE to give me a definite answer before I spend hours on them!