Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

I'm presently concerned with Legendary cores and if i should be using mine up on Primed mods now before they get converted into some inferior amount of Endo. Although I suppose they could just as easily remain as they are technically, as their function is fairly specific.

Didn't see this bit of news. I don't believe the current system is all that complicated, and it wasn't when I first started. Took some reading, but I eventually caught on how it worked.

Now, what I really see is an old system being replaced with something even more grindy than before.

Since we are eliminating fusion cores, here's a thought as how endo drops can work. Each enemy should drop a tiny amount, kind of like their life force, and when we get enough it will equate to the same value as an old fusion core. Using the enemy life force to upgrade our mods. 

On 8/15/2016 at 10:24 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted. This also means no Fusion energy will be wasted when your Mod is fully maxed. No more eyeballing what Mods or Cores you use to prevent yourself from accidentally using extra.

Wait, so any mods we have that is not maxed out will be reset to 0 and we get a refund on them or somthing? Or will this only effect mods that are to be fused after the update. Really need to know. Got quite a few mods that are ranked halfway or three quarters of the way for a reason.

6 hours ago, Kako_Kako said:

Wait, so any mods we have that is not maxed out will be reset to 0 and we get a refund on them or somthing? Or will this only effect mods that are to be fused after the update. Really need to know. Got quite a few mods that are ranked halfway or three quarters of the way for a reason.

No what they mean is if you have a Mod that is ranked 5.5/10 you will get the 0.5 (of the 6th rank) back.

So lets say (these are not real numbers but just for example) that to upgrade a Rare mod from R5 > R6 you need 20 Rare R5 FCores but you only had 10 and you used them.

Your Mod is now Rank 5.5 (with the effects of a R5 Mod and the bar half filled).

Once this new system kicks in that mod will go from R5.5 to R5 and the extra will be refunded to your Endo pool.

So you don't LOSE anything and your Mods are unaffected.

On 2016-08-15 at 10:24 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

August 17, 8:35 p.m Update:

Hey all!

Just dropping in some visual examples here for everyone and a bit more information on the roll-out of this change.

First, if you recall back in our original Market Rework thread, we discussed offering better Fusion Core packs in the Market (but never did). Since Fusion Cores are going away, we're going to be adding new Endo packs to the Market that are higher Fusion value than the current packs. The current packs yield random results of Fusion Cores, but the upcoming packs will be static guaranteed Endo amounts (the same way our Resource purchases work).

And now, a visual example of new Endo Fusion in gfycat form! I captured this earlier on a older dev build, I hope you enjoy the [PH] Placeholder copy as much as I did.

https://gfycat.com/MaleLikableHyena

It's worth noting here that I am able to fuse up whole ranks by clicking the - / + icons. If I have the resources to do so (Endo and Credits), I can increase my Mod Ranks.

In regards to Credits specifically, they still play a role in Fusion. Currently Credit costs vary depending on the items used to fuse, as you can see here in this example:
r6WHcPN.jpg

All of these examples were from fusing the same 3 Rank Rare Augment. The Dev build provides a consistent Credit cost moving forward which is somewhere in the middle of all the current Credit ranges per Mod Rarity/Rank.

Coming soon, indeed!

Some more info here!

@[DE]Rebecca, I have a few concerns:

How will the rarities/qualities of cores in the current tables actually be handled? For instance, will the 5xR5 drops be replaced with the equivalent amount of Endo, or more/less?

What about the trading economy? Will Endo be tradeable? If so, will we be able to trade arbitrary amounts of Endo, or will there be a fixed amount per trade slot?

What happens if we convert a partially ranked mod? Will we get the invested Endo back on top of the mod's base value?

Edited by DeltaPhantom

1 minute ago, Eldritchkitty said:

Just do dark sectors, they give mad credits.

Quite similar to "just do Draco for affinity", this still doesn't make regular missions worth doing. 

But still, increasing the cost for upgrading mods will be a huge blow for us.

Just now, Madho said:

Quite similar to "just do Draco for affinity", this still doesn't make regular missions worth doing. 

But still, increasing the cost for upgrading mods will be a huge blow for us.

I agree. The cost should definitely be closer to what you get with R5s.

On 8/15/2016 at 9:24 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The following Dev Workshop will go into the simplification of the Fusion System. Read on to learn more about the coming changes and learn about 'ENDO'! As always, all information here is subject to rapid change. Stay updated by checking this thread!

Fusion in Warframe is one of the main systems that encourages investment in your Mod collection and Upgrading your gear. With calculated clicking and collecting, you can take your unranked Mods to top tier performers.

Right now our Fusion system has some confusing elements we’d like to correct.

1) Hidden complexity. There are a lot of under the hood ways to optimize fusion that aren't explained. Aside from the single usage of Fusion Cores, your Duplicate Mod collection can be used to fuse with bonuses for things like matching type, polarities, avoidance of exceeding desired rank, etc.
2) Progress Bar guessing game. There are no clear goals for next Fusion levels, all you're presented with is a bar and it's quite hard to predict how many missions and fuseable items are needed to advance ranks. This leads to a disconnect between cost benefit analysis as no cost presents itself.

It boils down to an overly complex system that has unclear goalposts, and this is something we want to fix.

The coming Fusion simplification will be released in 2 phases:

1) The first phase (coming in August)  maintains the core loop we all know (find Fusion energy and use to rank up Mods), but it's much simpler at the Fusion level.
2) The second (coming later) will be written about in detail once we have assets to share, but essentially it is a more lore-amplifying and collection building version of Fusion.

Diving deep into the quickly approaching first phase introduces us to Endo!

Endo.jpg

What is Endo? Endo is Fusion energy incarnate. It is the raw resource that powers the process of Upgrading Mods. In essence, Endo serves as the simplifier in all things Fusion. All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. Endo will now drop from enemies and missions where Fusion Cores used to.

Fusing with Endo makes the Mod Rank increases clear, as the system now only increases in whole Ranks. Partial upgrading with unclear requirements towards your next rank will no longer exist, and neither will wasted Fusion energy. The UI will tell you exactly how much Endo is needed for the next Rank, which gives you a clear goal to work toward.

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted. This also means no Fusion energy will be wasted when your Mod is fully maxed. No more eyeballing what Mods or Cores you use to prevent yourself from accidentally using extra.

You can expect this first phase to come in August on PC, and your inventory of Cores will be converted on login! We'll have more information for you closer to launch so you can see the change in action and know what to expect when it hits your inventories.

___

August 17, 8:35 p.m Update:

Hey all!

Just dropping in some visual examples here for everyone and a bit more information on the roll-out of this change.

First, if you recall back in our original Market Rework thread, we discussed offering better Fusion Core packs in the Market (but never did). Since Fusion Cores are going away, we're going to be adding new Endo packs to the Market that are higher Fusion value than the current packs. The current packs yield random results of Fusion Cores, but the upcoming packs will be static guaranteed Endo amounts (the same way our Resource purchases work).

And now, a visual example of new Endo Fusion in gfycat form! I captured this earlier on a older dev build, I hope you enjoy the [PH] Placeholder copy as much as I did.

https://gfycat.com/MaleLikableHyena

It's worth noting here that I am able to fuse up whole ranks by clicking the - / + icons. If I have the resources to do so (Endo and Credits), I can increase my Mod Ranks.

In regards to Credits specifically, they still play a role in Fusion. Currently Credit costs vary depending on the items used to fuse, as you can see here in this example:
r6WHcPN.jpg

All of these examples were from fusing the same 3 Rank Rare Augment. The Dev build provides a consistent Credit cost moving forward which is somewhere in the middle of all the current Credit ranges per Mod Rarity/Rank.

Coming soon, indeed!

so if i see this correctly Your adding yet another dual currency feature into game. (Thats just great, another way to eleaveate grinding.)