Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

Before this we could get more fusion energy by fusing same mods or mods of the same polarity. How will it be taken into account with this new system? Direct conversion of any mods into new enzo resourse won't let us to do it obviously. Will overall fusion energy needed to max a mod be lowered to compensate for this?

Edited by ograzzt

On ‎08‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:24 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Diving deep into the quickly approaching first phase introduces us to Endo!

What is Endo?

You do realize that "endo" is slang for marijuana, right?

Mary Jane, hocus pocus, sticky icky, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

On 15/08/2016 at 3:38 PM, KIREEK said:

Can't wait for my stack of cores to be converted.

0h7XYnE.jpg

Have you been saving them for the END O days?

Being a relatively new player and just finding myself getting used to the current system I like how it is now, it's a bit complicated which makes it a bit different to other games that dumb systems down.  However, it sounds like it's more complicated than I thought, read things in the OP that I had no clue about so maybe it's for the best to have a new way of doing it.

On 15 August 2016 at 4:03 PM, (PS4)X1155752X said:

Looks more like some kind of Orokin gachapon machine to me, the question is would it take Platinum or Ducats?

hmm i agree with the others for it looking like an orokin pokeball... I wonder if the Devs have been playing Pokemon go on occasion lol and unconsciously effected their imagination. Who has not ? I find that game makes the daily walk to the studio and back less boring,

On 8/15/2016 at 10:24 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The following Dev Workshop will go into the simplification of the Fusion System. Read on to learn more about the coming changes and learn about 'ENDO'! As always, all information here is subject to rapid change. Stay updated by checking this thread!

Fusion in Warframe is one of the main systems that encourages investment in your Mod collection and Upgrading your gear. With calculated clicking and collecting, you can take your unranked Mods to top tier performers.

Right now our Fusion system has some confusing elements we’d like to correct.

1) Hidden complexity. There are a lot of under the hood ways to optimize fusion that aren't explained. Aside from the single usage of Fusion Cores, your Duplicate Mod collection can be used to fuse with bonuses for things like matching type, polarities, avoidance of exceeding desired rank, etc.
2) Progress Bar guessing game. There are no clear goals for next Fusion levels, all you're presented with is a bar and it's quite hard to predict how many missions and fuseable items are needed to advance ranks. This leads to a disconnect between cost benefit analysis as no cost presents itself.

It boils down to an overly complex system that has unclear goalposts, and this is something we want to fix.

The coming Fusion simplification will be released in 2 phases:

1) The first phase (coming in August)  maintains the core loop we all know (find Fusion energy and use to rank up Mods), but it's much simpler at the Fusion level.
2) The second (coming later) will be written about in detail once we have assets to share, but essentially it is a more lore-amplifying and collection building version of Fusion.

Diving deep into the quickly approaching first phase introduces us to Endo!

Endo.jpg

What is Endo? Endo is Fusion energy incarnate. It is the raw resource that powers the process of Upgrading Mods. In essence, Endo serves as the simplifier in all things Fusion. All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. Endo will now drop from enemies and missions where Fusion Cores used to.

Fusing with Endo makes the Mod Rank increases clear, as the system now only increases in whole Ranks. Partial upgrading with unclear requirements towards your next rank will no longer exist, and neither will wasted Fusion energy. The UI will tell you exactly how much Endo is needed for the next Rank, which gives you a clear goal to work toward.

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted. This also means no Fusion energy will be wasted when your Mod is fully maxed. No more eyeballing what Mods or Cores you use to prevent yourself from accidentally using extra.

You can expect this first phase to come in August on PC, and your inventory of Cores will be converted on login! We'll have more information for you closer to launch so you can see the change in action and know what to expect when it hits your inventories.

What will happen to Legendary cores and our existing cores?