Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

so if i see this correctly Your adding yet another dual currency feature into game. (Thats just great, another way to eleaveate grinding.)

Actually, the grind already exists. It's just that they're changing Cores into pure numbers. The kicker here though, is that the costs are amplified somehow.

17 minutes ago, Madho said:

Actually, the grind already exists. It's just that they're changing Cores into pure numbers. The kicker here though, is that the costs are amplified somehow.

i fully understand the grind and some of its purpose but I'm just tired of the Dual currencies in this game. Between Syndicate and Void trader and now fusion core plus Endo and credits. Its like the want everything to be near impossible. and they keep saying that they want to simplify everything for New players, to me imo  its making it harder.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

2 minutes ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

i fully understand the grind and some of its purpose but I'm just tired of the Dual currencies in this game. Between Syndicate and Void trader and now fusion core plus Endo and credits. Its like the want everything to be near impossible. and they keep saying that they want to simplify everything for New players, to me imo  its making it harder.

While you have a point, I think a lot of the difficulty could be cleared up quickly with proper in-game tutorials and guides.

At the same time, I feel like using multiple currencies at once isn't the best approach. Maybe if Baro's stock were to cost only Ducats, and Fusion cost only Endo, it would be better. But on the flip side, these are major credit sinks, and in a small way, they serve as a sort of tempering factor: It's much harder to go balls-to-the-wall overboard and do something such as buying dozens of duplicate primed mods to sell because of these sinks.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:24 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. 

I need my transmutation fuel.

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

See above, it's in the opening original post. 

Can we still get duplicate mods after this update? 

My concern is that we can only have 1 mod. For example, one ammo drumm that we can use

what if I have like a R4 fleeting expertise and a max one, will the R4 be converted into endo? Since In a lot of my builds, I use mods that are close to max (R7-9) and from what I'm reading, you'll have only 1 mod for you to rank up, and all duplicates will be endo

a clarification on this would help greatly Rebecca :/ 

18 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

Can we still get duplicate mods after this update? 

My concern is that we can only have 1 mod. For example, one ammo drumm that we can use

what if I have like a R4 fleeting expertise and a max one, will the R4 be converted into endo? Since In a lot of my builds, I use mods that are close to max (R7-9) and from what I'm reading, you'll have only 1 mod for you to rank up, and all duplicates will be endo

a clarification on this would help greatly Rebecca :/ 

converting duplicates to endo is an optional thing. the r4 will be brought down to exactly r4, with no extra upgrade points, no half measures.

MISSING INFORMATION, PLEASE READ: What happens to the credits we usedto fuse our mods? So for example if im 1% away from maxing my Blind rage and other 99% fuse energy goes to endo, where does my money go i used to get it to 99%? Hmm?!?!?! What about all those creds we used to partially fuse a mod? Im pretty sure we aint getting our money back for doing so, so now what?

Edited by KurtOn99

16 minutes ago, beckettb said:

converting duplicates to endo is an optional thing. the r4 will be brought down to exactly r4, with no extra upgrade points, no half measures.

So instead of selling my 2k vacuums, I can convert them to endo? 

I got that part though, I've seen the gif. Just concerned about the non max mods I have 

59 minutes ago, Maxitotito said:

So, by doing the math:

210 Orokin Balls are equal to (approximately):

• 3 r5 rare fusion cores (70 balls ea.)
  • 5 r5 uncommon cores (42 balls ea.)
  • 15 r5 common cores (14 balls ea.)

Right?

Im worried about legendary cores... did you all forget them...

210 Endo for an R3 mod... Ouch. I don't even wanna see R10 then. I'm really hoping the drop rates on Endo are super high if these are the numbers we're looking at.

Let's see... if it's 210 Endo, that's roughly 3 R5 cores as Maxitotito pointed out, soooo...

You need 528 R5 cores to max-rank a legendary mod, so if 70 Endo = 1 R5, then that means 528 x 70, so 36,960 Endo. Just to compare to current core farming, you'd need to be able to get 350 - 700 Endo from a single Excavation on Hieracon or something equal to that amount in that amount of time (because you can get 10 R5 cores in just 3 excavs if you're lucky), and you'd need to be able to get 1,750 - 3,500 from Sorties. If the numbers are lower than this, then this is effectively a nerf to fusion.

I really hope this isn't a nerf, and the Endo gains will be much higher than current core rates to compensate for the much larger number required.

This is indeed much simpler than what we have now. However, specific concerns instantly arose in my mind upon reading this, namely:

1) Will the Endo values be equal to Fusion Core values we have now?

-By this, I mean, we know that it takes 132 R5 Fusion Cores to MAX out a Common R10 mod. Will the Endo value for a Common R10 mod still be equal to 132 R5 Cores? Or will the value actually increase/decrease? I noticed that there are numerical values to Endo, but my concern still stands.

2) What are the chances that we are going to have another incident similar to the "Keys to Relics" problem we had, and if such a problem occurs, how will it be fixed?

-Quite a few people were impacted by having lost hundreds of Relics via the conversion. I'll admit that getting a whole bunch of relics free was a good way to respond tho this, but with this being targeted at items people have thousands of, it worries me that something similar might happen and we only get a fraction back.

1 hour ago, KurtOn99 said:

MISSING INFORMATION, PLEASE READ: What happens to the credits we usedto fuse our mods? So for example if im 1% away from maxing my Blind rage and other 99% fuse energy goes to endo, where does my money go i used to get it to 99%? Hmm?!?!?! What about all those creds we used to partially fuse a mod? Im pretty sure we aint getting our money back for doing so, so now what?

This is one major fact we must keep in mind guys. Now-a-days it doesnt really matter if dark sectors give you mad amount of credits (in the whole startchart, mind it) but still thats not enough as there are more than enough functions to swallow your credits in millions. @KurtOn99 here has a good point here as many of us simply didnt catch that. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CEDITS WE HAVE ALREADY INVESTED in the partial fusion processes???

Edited by AhmadIYE

12 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

This is one major fact we must keep in mind guys. Now-a-days it doesnt really matter if dark sectors give you mad amount of credits (in the whole startchart, mind it) but still thats not enough as there are more than enough functions are there to swallow your credits in millions. @KurtOn99 here has a good point here as many of us simply didnt catch that. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CEDITS WE HAVE ALREADY INVESTED in the partial fusion processes???

Maybe the # of credits we used to partially power up the mod can be converted into bonus endo? As someone who'd spent 7 digits worth of credits to nearly power up a primed mod, I'd like to see that return investment in-game in some way. Since SotR the amount of credits we get from most of the game is reduced as it is. I hope to not struggle with credit shortage while gaining back the "energy" I used up for the unfinished primed mods.

EDIT: One last thing. Please let there be a streamlined tutorial for this mechanic. For the sake of newer players

Edited by SleepingCobrox

15 minutes ago, SleepingCobrox said:

Maybe the # of credits we used to partially power up the mod can be converted into bonus endo? As someone who'd spent 7 digits worth of credits to nearly power up a primed mod, I'd like to see that return investment in-game in some way. Since SotR the amount of credits we get from most of the game is reduced as it is. I hope to not struggle with credit shortage while gaining back the "energy" I used up for the unfinished primed mods.

Well its still 'May be' but if it is the thing then I guess it'll be very bad. Credits are awfully nerfed these days, cant believe that even AXI era fissure missions give 2/3K credits (can you imagine that?). I was running 1 excav rush runs in Hieracon for credits and with a booster I was getting like 47K+7K = 54K credits which was like 65K-ish before update if I am not that much wrong!! Only Dark Sectors give you least considerable amount of credits which is still after long runs of ODS (I know we have sorties but that is not just for everyone as we are discussing here as a whole community).

Warframe has become a huge grind ground now so DE should recheck the credit system which has become a crucial issue these days for the consistent gaming with the rapid incoming of new contents and game mechanics.

Edited by AhmadIYE

1 hour ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

Right now our Fusion system has some confusing elements we’d like to correct.

1) Hidden complexity. There are a lot of under the hood ways to optimize fusion that aren't explained. Aside from the single usage of Fusion Cores, your Duplicate Mod collection can be used to fuse with bonuses for things like matching type, polarities, avoidance of exceeding desired rank, etc.
2) Progress Bar guessing game. There are no clear goals for next Fusion levels, all you're presented with is a bar and it's quite hard to predict how many missions and fuseable items are needed to advance ranks. This leads to a disconnect between cost benefit analysis as no cost presents itself.

in the devstream fusion apparently has "500" codes of line just for the sake of the bar going up, the endo system right now is gonna simplify that and makes the fusion clearer by not wasting fusion "energy" by simply upgrading the rank instead of using 5 rare r5s, 2 uncommon r5s and 8 common r5s just to rank a mod up to a specific level..I'm not even including the hidden bonuses duplicate mods offer in progressing the upgrade bar and if you look at the post correctly you won't even say the grind has increased, factoring in at how the auto-fusion button includes every type of fusion core (Rare, uncommon, common) and how the current endo system currently finds the middle ground for the credit costs of these three.

3 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Before you can be rich, you must be poor. Give unto the Void.

Danm I miss that VOID, we had everything in it for us. But now it just gives you insane amount of credits like 3/4K-ish....hahaha so funny :'(

Edited by AhmadIYE