Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

17 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted. This also means no Fusion energy will be wasted when your Mod is fully maxed. No more eyeballing what Mods or Cores you use to prevent yourself from accidentally using extra.

Hyped for the upcoming change, though i don't understand a teeny tiny thing :
If, for example, I happen to own a R9 Primed Mod, will it go back to R0 after the rework or am I just paranoid about not wanting to lose all the cores i've dumped on my Primed mods ? 
Thanks !

Just now, awtLander said:

Hyped for the upcoming change, though i don't understand a teeny tiny thing :
If, for example, I happen to own a R9 Primed Mod, will it go back to R0 after the rework or am I just paranoid about not wanting to lose all the cores i've dumped on my Primed mods ? 
Thanks !

They won't revert everyone's mods to 0. it just takes the overflow from going to the next rank and giving it back. You'll still have the rank 9 mod, just whatever extra put into it towards 10 will be refunded.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

your inventory of Cores will be converted on login!

fear-loathing-22-bat-country-jpg.jpg?w=6

"Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. All these horrible realities began to dawn on me. "

I can only hope the whole system is implemented well. My first thought was, are they going to auto junk our duplicates? That would be madness. 

Edited by Pyus
chiefly, Obama

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The following Dev Workshop will go into the simplification of the Fusion System. Read on to learn more about the coming changes and learn about 'ENDO'! As always, all information here is subject to rapid change. Stay updated by checking this thread!

Fusion in Warframe is one of the main systems that encourages investment in your Mod collection and Upgrading your gear. With calculated clicking and collecting, you can take your unranked Mods to top tier performers.

Right now our Fusion system has some confusing elements we’d like to correct.

1) Hidden complexity. There are a lot of under the hood ways to optimize fusion that aren't explained. Aside from the single usage of Fusion Cores, your Duplicate Mod collection can be used to fuse with bonuses for things like matching type, polarities, avoidance of exceeding desired rank, etc.
2) Progress Bar guessing game. There are no clear goals for next Fusion levels, all you're presented with is a bar and it's quite hard to predict how many missions and fuseable items are needed to advance ranks. This leads to a disconnect between cost benefit analysis as no cost presents itself.

It boils down to an overly complex system that has unclear goalposts, and this is something we want to fix.

The coming Fusion simplification will be released in 2 phases:

1) The first phase (coming in August)  maintains the core loop we all know (find Fusion energy and use to rank up Mods), but it's much simpler at the Fusion level.
2) The second (coming later) will be written about in detail once we have assets to share, but essentially it is a more lore-amplifying and collection building version of Fusion.

Diving deep into the quickly approaching first phase introduces us to Endo!

Endo.jpg

What is Endo? Endo is Fusion energy incarnate. It is the raw resource that powers the process of Upgrading Mods. In essence, Endo serves as the simplifier in all things Fusion. All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. Endo will now drop from enemies and missions where Fusion Cores used to.

Fusing with Endo makes the Mod Rank increases clear, as the system now only increases in whole Ranks. Partial upgrading with unclear requirements towards your next rank will no longer exist, and neither will wasted Fusion energy. The UI will tell you exactly how much Endo is needed for the next Rank, which gives you a clear goal to work toward.

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted. This also means no Fusion energy will be wasted when your Mod is fully maxed. No more eyeballing what Mods or Cores you use to prevent yourself from accidentally using extra.

You can expect this first phase to come in August on PC, and your inventory of Cores will be converted on login! We'll have more information for you closer to launch so you can see the change in action and know what to expect when it hits your inventories.

Can't wait! 

edit: Please add tutorial on the new system and introduction on youtube, perhaps have it in game so that everyone can read especially new players. 

Edited by -PP-Sonicz

will we get less mileage for ranking mods with the conversion ? ie. a loss on fusion core raw ranking power to endo 

what is the conversion efficiency like..

wont really matter for veterans but it would be pretty harsh on newer players if so, they have alot of stuff to rank up and if they have a chance to rank up before the automatic conversion more efficiently they should at least have that choice / chance

ah well, new endo overlord cometh