Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

Recommended Posts

Uhhh....am I the only one concerned that DE's essentially doing exactly what they did with Specters of the Rail again, i.e. reworking a major system while also working on a major (also two-part) update?  We're getting Titania this month, and now we're also getting part on of a fusion system rework?  It's nice that the system will be simplified now, but I'd rather DE just focus purely on Titania and The War Within first, iron out whatever issues may come of that, and then bang this out later on in U19.

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please please PLEASE make sure you have everything worked out before converting fusion cores to endo, I don't want a repeat of void relics

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JMP3 said:

Uhhh....am I the only one concerned that DE's essentially doing exactly what they did with Specters of the Rail again, i.e. reworking a major system while also working on a major (also two-part) update?  We're getting Titania this month, and now we're also getting part on of a fusion system rework?  It's nice that the system will be simplified now, but I'd rather DE just focus purely on Titania and The War Within first, iron out whatever issues may come of that, and then bang this out later on in U19.

Both parts were designed as part of the major update. Its not a matter of adding in more stuff, as it is this stuff has been worked on for the deployment. Granted Specters of the rail was extremely rushed, even the devs weren't happy with the launch. Hence why this thing is taking its time instead of being released right after tennocon when it was originally estimated to launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is amazing! I've been saving my cores ever since you announced the rework. Didn't realize it comes this early, a nice content addition to the War Within wait :)

 

Love you DE <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.... I wonder how the conversion will go on existing fusion cores and how the actual rates will work out, this could potentially increase the grind again...

I better grab a screenshot of my cores just in case it screws up again like with relics

Edited by LSG501
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I like the idea behind this concept, so far DE has both nerfed so much of the farming over the past few updates, and had a bad track record for 'on-login conversion', so please excuse my lack of great enthusiasm. I can just see them accidentally giving us endo equivalent to R0 fusion cores instead of our R5's.
 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news Rebecca! There's something that "worries" me though. Actually two things:

1) If I understood the post right, there's only Endo. No Common, Rare, legendary Endo. So anything that was a Core becomes an equivalent number of Endo? Thus missions that give currently 5xR5 mods will be just 5xR5-equivalent-Endo? (same for Sorties and Legendary Cores)

2) What about the credits? We pay credits to get Mods up, so if you refund the Endo, would we need to pay more credits to be where we were again?

Thanks in advance! :) Also, can't wait for those Lore driven stuff. Oh boy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Great news Rebecca! There's something that "worries" me though. Actually two things:

1) If I understood the post right, there's only Endo. No Common, Rare, legendary Endo. So anything that was a Core becomes an equivalent number of Endo? Thus missions that give currently 5xR5 mods will be just 5xR5-equivalent-Endo? (same for Sorties and Legendary Cores)

2) What about the credits? We pay credits to get Mods up, so if you refund the Endo, would we need to pay more credits to be where we were again?

Thanks in advance! :) Also, can't wait for those Lore driven stuff. Oh boy.

  • From what I recall from past info and inferring from this post, It'll have something to do with the second part. Something about collecting things (I think they were compared to statues or something?). I myself am a bit confused with what will happen in the gap between.the first and second sections, so some more info would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

question, what happens to legendary cores? do they still remain cores or will they also be converted to Endo? and if so how would you calculate their worth? seeing as how they can upgrade a 0 rank primed mod to max in 1 go.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Can't wait for my stack of cores to be converted.

0h7XYnE.jpg

#HoardGoals

That's a lot of EVERYTHING.

Edited by Shadow8600
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got me pumped for this update now. Hopefully it comes this week. Would be real happy if it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Something to do with my 6000+ sentinel precept mods other than inefficient fusing or selling for credits that I don't need!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

Can we also have the ability to extract endo from fully ranked mods? Some of my fully ranked duplicates suffer from lack of use. The endo could come in handy in some other mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that orokin pokeball only means one thing... im catching everything

"i choose you, grineer lancer!"

this is going to be fun XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo.

Hopefully we can do it manually and not game itselft and screw all duplicates using in weapon - sentinel weapon

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about using duplicates to rank up mods? Will that no longer be a thing?

Nevermind

Edited by DrBorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gaaraplayer said:

that orokin pokeball only means one thing... im catching everything

"i choose you, grineer lancer!"

this is going to be fun XD

If only we can have Orokin ball to catch those enemies, and then turn them into noggles or spectres XD

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly curious about the Second Part which involves Lore... What else could DE be cooking under those shadows.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The coming Fusion simplification will be released in 2 phases:

1) The first phase (coming in August)  maintains the core loop we all know (find Fusion energy and use to rank up Mods), but it's much simpler at the Fusion level.
2) The second (coming later) will be written about in detail once we have assets to share, but essentially it is a more lore-amplifying and collection building version of Fusion.

But will these two coexist or will phase 2 partially replace parts of phase 1 (like having phase 2 give endo through it's own method instead of any enemy dropping it)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Steve said legendary cores will still be special so that's cool.

 

what is going to happen to ancient fusion cores?

will "legendary endo" be trade able like legendary cores?

what is going to happen to fusing mods to get random mods?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

But will these two coexist or will phase 2 partially replace parts of phase 1 (like having phase 2 give endo through it's own method instead of any enemy dropping it)?

I believe phase two will just take feed back from the community and just improve the system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...