Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

Could you give us the option to automatically convert mods to Endo over a certain number of duplicates? Just a setting somewhere like "Number of duplicates to keep = 6" and have it so that picking up an 7th of any mod just auto converts it straight to Endo.

Also, can you rethink the name Endo? It sounds like something an infomercial would try to sell you for cleaning hard to reach places.

and along with it removing the possibility of people that don't play Warframe getting the misunderstanding that Mods are something you can merge together to create new Mods - constantly something that people think is the coolest f...ing thing ever.

oh, wait... maybe the game SHOULD be that. it's definitely cooler than just upgrading it for more of the same.

I only hope you do this well...

I mean, it's not like when a warframe is reworked that mistakes could happen and are fixed later, we're talking about years of collecting cores for some people.

Just saying please handle with care, don't mess it up.

Edited by EdBazokatone

So what will happen with Legedary cores and them as a possible reward from sorties? Will they become Megaendo or something?

What about rank 4 Blind Rage or other half-maxed mods for specific builds? I hope we don't need to fuse them again.

Edited by Buldozers

My only concern is that after conversion we'll end up getting less "overall fusion." Will rewards of 5 cores and 25 cores and 50 cores be turned into an equivalent amount of Endo?

How much Endo will we get from duplicate mods?

this seems like a totally useless and arbitrary waste of time and energy. Im hoping that the lore implications are much greater than the supposed qol benefits from this.

there are many areas of the game that could have used attention before fusion.

in my opinion:

collecting should not be made MORE a part of this game. the more collector / trading cardlike this game becomes, the less interesting it becomes. 

Hiding lore behind collecting is also somewhat counterproductive. Id much rather have played the quest as ordan karris reliving his memory leading up to his conversion by ballas into a cephalon.. than to simply scan some crap (look it up on youtube). 

im gonna hope that the devs have much much larger things planned beyond 'collecting' and 'simplified fusion'... I mean.. it eliminates us being able to trade fusion cores, what will happen to legendary cores... sorting by duplicates wasnt very freakin difficult as is. this means more interactive ui rework, more informative ui rework... time and resources i think we as a community would prefer spent in other avenues. 

heres an idea, similar to how baro has his 'vote on item for discount' page, you guys could have vote on rework/new mechanic pages to get help from the community on what wed actually like to see you guys working on/ introduced into the game first. i feel like more and more my founders access to design council was all for not, considering you guys just dont really use us for anything but names and augments... 

i would like to see custom dual stat mods/hybridization

say... if you put in two max hell fire and two max fire rate mods, you could get one mod that has both stats at 50% max stat at full capacity.

Edited by PookieNumnums

1. I'm going to make the assumption that Endo will roughly equate to "Fusion Energy" as defined in the Wiki.
  2. Currently, fusing mods of the same polarity provides double the Fusion Energy and fusing duplicates provides quadruple. How will this be taken into account with Endo now that there would be no such ability to differentiate?
  3. How will trading of Endo work? Will this work similarly to Platinum where you simply pick a numeric amount?
  4. I'm going to assume Legendary Cores will continue to exist as separate items.

A few questions, comments, concerns:

1)What will happen to legendary cores? will we keep them? will they get converted into some huge amount of endo? will they become some sort of special endo so that they can still max out a mod instantly and for free?

2)converting duplicate mods into endo: I like keeping various copies of mods at different ranks so that i can have access to them depending on what a build calls or has room for. If i convert duplicate mods into endo, how will it work? will i convert all but my highest ranked copy? Or will i keep any ranked copies, and convert all but a single unranked? Or will i convert some other combination of duplicates?

Can we just be clear, "simplified" doesn't mean "nerfed"....

If I get 25 cores from a sortie (don't we all..) and it takes 528 to max a Primed mod, will the new Endo rewards and fusion cost be comparable.  To put it another way, will the lower sortie reward still be just under 1/21st of the fusion required for a Primed mod?

I mean you guys could nerf it, it could even be another "accident", but you know we find out eventually, right?