[DE]Drew

Specters of the Rail 17gb Remaster Update Download

PS4 Tenno, 

We've got an update for you, we've got the best update, and it's gonna be huuuge.

Unfortunately, we've hit the update size limit from Sony again, and we need to do another remaster in order to bring you new content. We're working with Sony to increase this limit in the future, but it means that Specters of the Rail will be a 25gb  17gb download that rebundles all the content since our last remaster. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding with this update. 

LoadBar.gif

• Upvote 24

Just now, (PS4)black_viper21 said:

Thanks for the info. Can't wait.

UhU2zIj.gif

My body might be ready, but my internet connection is not...

• Upvote 6

Curious as to what remaster means in this context. I assumed when other games added the suffix remaster it meant adding a new coat of paint then calling it new (COUGH Skyrim COUGH)....not that I'm accusing you of that. Does this mean quests get reset because I remember leaving Warframe awhile ago, then coming back and having to do the tutorial again.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

@[DE]Drewmake sure you update the PS4@4 console or it's going to be a kinda boring stream.  :smile:

An hour of us talking over a progress bar wouldn't be very exciting :laugh:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Curious as to what remaster means in this context. I assumed when other games added the suffix remaster it meant adding a new coat of paint then calling it new (COUGH Skyrim COUGH)....not that I'm accusing you of that. Does this mean quests get reset because I remember leaving Warframe awhile ago, then coming back and having to do the tutorial again.

For clarity, in this case "remaster" just means we make a new update bundle with 25gb of content so we can get more space for further updates. This will not affect your game account in any way.   

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

PS4 Tenno, 

We've got an update for you, we've got the best update, and it's gonna be huuuge.

Unfortunately, we've hit the update size limit from Sony again, and we need to do another remaster in order to bring you new content. We're working with Sony to increase this limit in the future, but it means that Specters of the Rail will be a 25gb download that rebundles all the content since our last remaster. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding with this update. 

Will it be release tomorrow or not??/

3 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

For clarity, in this case "remaster" just means we make a new update bundle with 25gb of content so we can get more space for further updates. This will not affect your game account in any way.   

Alright so no account shenanigans and the new update was replaced with a newer-er update. So that means it'll just mostly be empty space reserved for another update? Sorry if it seems I don't get it but wording is important. If there's legal stuff tying you up where you can't get into specific specifics, the safe word is 'potato'. I'm assuming it's prep work for War Within and Tinkerbell.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)rEaPer_1571_ said:

Wait so will it be release tomorrow the 16th or not cuz im confused 

Yeah lol

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Nooooooooooo

I spent a while preparing for the Kavats so that I have time to make Kavat/Kubrow crossbreeds and now I'm going to miss out. Ugh, this update is probabaly going to take ages to download for me.

Edited by (PS4)adam4213

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Pretty sure the cutoff point for the update (hotfix 13) patched that out. No chimeras for us.

well it has been fixed the due to the fun novelty of it they said they would allow them for a short time on console

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure the cutoff point for the update (hotfix 13) patched that out. No chimeras for us.

It was stated that we would have a chance to make these abominations (I believe it was on PS4@4 a couple of weeks ago or last week, can't remember exactly which).

Steve said on a Prime Time that they were going to talk to the team to leave the bug in for us so we would get a chance as well.

This is incorrect. They made it patchable  in a hotfix so that we can have fun with that bug also :)