[DE]Drew

Specters of the Rail 17gb Remaster Update Download

7 hours ago, (PS4)Xurokhan said:

Btw Drew,

Can you confirm if we will get the Nekros rework in this update? I imagine that we won't be getting a new build before Nekros Prime Access comes out in a couple weeks. It'd be nice to enjoy his prime version along with the rework.

That would be nice theres no Doubt will get his rework we got other frames rework like volt saryn and trinity too so yea definitely 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Xurokhan said:

Btw Drew,

Can you confirm if we will get the Nekros rework in this update? I imagine that we won't be getting a new build before Nekros Prime Access comes out in a couple weeks. It'd be nice to enjoy his prime version along with the rework.

Megan confirmed today that we would not be getting the Nekros rework in this update. Only up to SotR Hotfix 13....

12 hours ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

You can ignore junctions if you want and access all of the map.  Assuming you already had the map complete.  Each junction you finish does give you some mastery points.  You will also need to do the earth -> mars junction to get the relic segment.

Are you positive about this? From what I'd gathered, your progress through the star chart remains (except for new nodes), but you still have to complete junctions at least once to re-unlock all the planets. I didn't pursue confirmation on this. Actually, I had considered asking DE for the option to reset star chart progress, for players like me who would love to experience the game all over again with frames they didn't have access to (crippled builds, of course; don't wanna ruin it for the new players).

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

That download is going to take all day. Fantastic.

Leave your PS4 in rest mode tonight. :P

Ho no 25gb is too high for my internet connexion, i will download it during a lot of hours, and i hope i will end to download after Nyx Prime going to the vault :(

Edited by (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J

4 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Are you positive about this? From what I'd gathered, your progress through the star chart remains (except for new nodes), but you still have to complete junctions at least once to re-unlock all the planets. I didn't pursue confirmation on this. Actually, I had considered asking DE for the option to reset star chart progress, for players like me who would love to experience the game all over again with frames they didn't have access to (crippled builds, of course; don't wanna ruin it for the new players).

Yes, I'm 100000000% sure.  I play on PC as well and that is how it worked for me.

1 hour ago, (PS4)dragon15423 said:

25gb=gigabit right?. so its not that huge o_O.

That would be 25 gigabytes which is a bit more than 25 gigbits.  It takes 8 bits to make 1 byte...

Update:
The bundled remaster is less than 25gb (25 is just the cap), and the download will be closer to 17gb, which is a significant difference for those of you counting GBs. Sorry for the error. 

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the update Drew.

I did some digging and it seems that if you have Playstation Plus, then you should be able to download the update while in rest mode. If you don't, then the only way you'll be able to update the game is with the console on.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Update:
The bundled remaster is less than 25gb (25 is just the cap), and the download will be closer to 17gb, which is a significant difference for those of you counting GBs. Sorry for the error. 

What time is update.... Drew? 

Edited by (PS4)slayerserenity
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Thanks for the update Drew.

I did some digging and it seems that if you have Playstation Plus, then you should be able to download the update while in rest mode. If you don't, then the only way you'll be able to update the game is with the console on.

Where did you get that idea from?  You can download the update in rest mode without PS+, I do it all the time and never had PS+.

Just now, (PS4)RedChili69 said:

Where did you get that idea from?  You can download the update in rest mode without PS+, I do it all the time and never had PS+.

I looked it up on my PS4 last night. That is what it said when I went under the Settings and looked under Application Update Files. Additionally, my game has never updated while in rest mode. Whenever there has been a new update/version of any game, I have always had to turn on my console (from rest mode) for it to begin downloading.

And before anyone says anything: yes, I have checked and re-checked all of my settings and they are correct.

3 hours ago, (PS4)RedChili69 said:

yup same here I never needed ps+ for downloads then again warframe is what I play most out of all my games so who knows but u don't need ps+ for downloads in rest mode

Apologies, I should have been clearer.

Obviously I know that a game will continue to update once it has begun and you put the console into rest mode. I would have thought that a game would begin the update process even while the console was in rest mode since you still have an active internet connection and there are settings to actively look for updates while in rest mode.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Update:

What time will the update drop

Update:

oh well 17GB is manageable i think

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Alright so no account shenanigans and the new update was replaced with a newer-er update. So that means it'll just mostly be empty space reserved for another update? Sorry if it seems I don't get it but wording is important. If there's legal stuff tying you up where you can't get into specific specifics, the safe word is 'potato'. I'm assuming it's prep work for War Within and Tinkerbell.

True you didn't get it, maybe just a misunderstanding. To explain;  Drew did say "Again" in his sentence about reaching the limit. So not sure if you recall the previous time it happened.  It was either Sands of Inaros or Ring of Fire update.  There was a topic made by drew or other staff explaining the same thing, that to fit the update for PS4, they are repackaging the entire game and all content to date as a whole to use up less room, in order to meet Sonys current size limits.  Apparently Xbone doesn't have this limit since I don't see this topic on their board, just the date announcement thread.  It's nice to hear him say they're working w Sony to increase the limit eventually though. 

TLDR No 'legal' issues here. Just DE consolidating and compressing the entire game file(therefore freeing room for future updates) to take up less space due to Sony current size limits for patches/updates. 

So what time is it Live?  Still no notice on my PS4 yet. 

Well the download is out there. I had my system in rest mode overnight, but didn't realize it wouldn't drop until sunrise. So I have to now put it back into rest mode. A small chunk was downloaded when I had turned it on originally.

Update:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)dragon15423 said:

oh well 17GB is manageable i think

Whew.  good news. My internet isn't the greatest, so the smaller the better.  25 would have been an even longer wait for me.