[DE]Drew

Specters of the Rail 17gb Remaster Update Download

Appreciate the heads up.  Hopefully it drops early enough that I can just put the PS4 into rest mode while I go to work, and let it download passively.  My roommate will hate me, but he can suck a fat one.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

Appreciate the heads up.  Hopefully it drops early enough that I can just put the PS4 into rest mode while I go to work, and let it download passively.  My roommate will hate me, but he can suck a fat one.

For whatever reason, this has never worked for me. I typically leave my PS4 in rest mode and whenever there has been an update, it will only start to download once I've turned on my system. I have no idea why. As far as I know, my settings are all correct.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, (PS4)bookboy84 said:

With this update can you reset your solar map progress would like to play the new star chart from scratch

actually u have to start from scratch for the junctions I think DE mentioned that in a prime time

5 minutes ago, (PS4)rEaPer_1571_ said:

actually u have to start from scratch for the junctions I think DE mentioned that in a prime time

DE did not reset map progress for SotR.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kh8osNJ76 said:

Last ive heard the planets that you have done will stay unlock but you will have to complete the rails to connect them

You can ignore junctions if you want and access all of the map.  Assuming you already had the map complete.  Each junction you finish does give you some mastery points.  You will also need to do the earth -> mars junction to get the relic segment.

Edited by (PS4)Loki1211
Clarity

DE you can change some sindicates
you guys you could add some epic quests, like when we come to be hunted, they could send the tenno hunt who should be hunted,
but it should be in the same mission when a Sindicate send.
but they could not always be so from time to time.
I could get pretty epic.
if you have misspellings apologize is that tou talking by google translator.

Spoiler

bdf9d57c374332ea2d42a7ec13c30c9f.jpg

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

You can ignore junctions if you want and access all of the map.  Assuming you already had the map complete.  Each junction you finish does give you some mastery points.  You will also need to do the earth -> mars junction to get the relic segment.

yes sir good thing i did all my planets wont be skipping none of the rails it will be fun

Just now, (PS4)Kh8osNJ76 said:

yes sir good thing i did all my planets wont be skipping none of the rails it will be fun

I'll get all the junctions done, but not right away.  My plan of attack is to get the relic segment, get kavat(s), make abominations, and finally collect void traces for new prime stuff.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

I'll get all the junctions done, but not right away.  My plan of attack is to get the relic segment, get kavat(s), make abominations, and finally collect void traces for new prime stuff.

yeah diffinitly i've been holding on to all my keys let them get coverted then work on the kavats and finally my MR 22

Btw Drew,

Can you confirm if we will get the Nekros rework in this update? I imagine that we won't be getting a new build before Nekros Prime Access comes out in a couple weeks. It'd be nice to enjoy his prime version along with the rework.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

4 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Alright so no account shenanigans and the new update was replaced with a newer-er update. So that means it'll just mostly be empty space reserved for another update? Sorry if it seems I don't get it but wording is important. If there's legal stuff tying you up where you can't get into specific specifics, the safe word is 'potato'. I'm assuming it's prep work for War Within and Tinkerbell.

"Remaster" is a completely arbitrary word here, and has no connection to the industry standard for the word. He could have said "rutabaga" and it would have had as much meaning. It just has to do with Sony's content update policies.

Think of it this way: All the data in WF is cached into one big folder called "The Game". Updates get put in self-contained folders labeled "New". There is a storage limit on how much "New" content is allowed by Sony. Every so often, DE needs to dump all "New" content into "The Game" folder to free up "New" space so they can add more updates.

That's all he was saying. No legal mumbo-jumbo involved, it's just red tape Sony employs to keep their service organized internally.

Edit: If you were around for U17, the same thing happened then.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

"Remaster" is a completely arbitrary word here, and has no connection to the industry standard for the word. He could have said "rutabaga" and it would have had as much meaning. It just has to do with Sony's content update policies.

Think of it this way: All the data in WF is cached into one big folder called "The Game". Updates get put in self-contained folders labeled "New". There is a storage limit on how much "New" content is allowed by Sony. Every so often, DE needs to dump all "New" content into "The Game" folder to free up "New" space so they can add more updates.

That's all he was saying. No legal mumbo-jumbo involved, it's just red tape Sony employs to keep their service organized internally.

That was the explanation I wanted, thank you. I brought up the red tape because he said he'd clarify then repeated basically the first post lol. Or maybe mainly being a PC platform thought I knew some of this already. Consoles are like plug n play so technical stuff gets lost in translation.