[DE]Drew

Specters of the Rail 17gb Remaster Update Download

yes 3 hours for my update but seriously I was right in  the middle of finishing lev eling in draco and I lost it all well at least my last few moments were in draco rest in peace god leveling node

1 hour ago, (PS4)coltaku said:

Just started the download and it has an estimated 28 hours left... Ouch, I guess I will be playing tomorrow. T_T

Me estimated 23 hours left ???

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)BabassDonDiego said:

12 hours left for me ^^

22 minutes ago, (PS4)angelsynd said:

Me estimated 23 hours left ???

1 hour ago, (PS4)coltaku said:

Just started the download and it has an estimated 28 hours left... Ouch, I guess I will be playing tomorrow. T_T

Luckily the time estimation for the update is off, mine said 12 hours at first too now it says 4 more hours.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)vamp6x6x6x said:

Is anyone else having trouble downloading it? 

My download said 26mins 20mins ago, and now it says 17mins forever...

Your ISP is throttling down your speed just to taunt you :)

God, my crap internet. Still have 12 hours to go. I really hope it actually speeds up or something. I was so excited.

Edited by (PS4)eximago

54 minutes ago, (PS4)DontKnowMe said:

Your ISP is throttling down your speed just to taunt you :)

lol, it's TWC so I wouldn't put it past them lol...

Pausing / resuming the download helped quite a bit for me (90 mins -> 30 mins).

It's always been like that with PS4 downloads for me, which is a tad ridiculous. These things should just work without tinkering.

On August 15, 2016 at 10:01 AM, [DE]Drew said:

PS4 Tenno, 

We've got an update for you, we've got the best update, and it's gonna be huuuge.

Unfortunately, we've hit the update size limit from Sony again, and we need to do another remaster in order to bring you new content. We're working with Sony to increase this limit in the future, but it means that Specters of the Rail will be a 25gb  17gb download that rebundles all the content since our last remaster. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding with this update. 

LoadBar.gif

I updated, was playing, suddenly I'm told to update again and it's not ever loading.  Just stuck on main screen at 0%.  

15 minutes later it's working again.   Servers overloaded?

Edited by (PS4)willis4play
Update info

7 hours ago, (PS4)frosthawk2815 said:

No way the console needs to be on to download something ,you have some incredible detective skills abbacephas

There is no call for snarkiness when you clearly didn't read what he was saying. If you PS Plus you can put it in rest mode and the game will still download. If you do not, your console cannot be in rest mode but must be on and actively running all processes.

6 hours ago, (PS4)rEaPer_1571_ said:

yup same here I never needed ps+ for downloads then again warframe is what I play most out of all my games so who knows but u don't need ps+ for downloads in rest mode

I believe that both parties here are correct. For games with online multiplayer that requires PS Plus to use, you must have it to recieve updates in rest, but F2P games like Warframe do not require PS Plus to utilize this function.

8 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Update:
The bundled remaster is less than 25gb (25 is just the cap), and the download will be closer to 17gb, which is a significant difference for those of you counting GBs. Sorry for the error. 

No changed for me, always a lot of hours for download it (at the beginning maybe 90+ hours, now it's 82 hours left). My internet connexion just says me "you want killing me !?" XD

But it's best than 25gb at all, and i've cry when i've see some peoples who have says "2 hours for download it, hard to wait" lol

12 hours ago, (PS4)KieranIsWatching said:

well great...........18gb................now i'm going to have to........socialize.............wtf is that big orange thing in the sky  

Hahahaha thats a good one i was wondering what that thing was too in the sky but seriously 18gb is a little to much espically when we were told at one point it was goin to be done in small installments not one massive one lol

Has anyone else had the horrible problem of pausing the download and then resuming which entails the entire download restarting from scratch. I mean this seriously just happened to me and the stress than it has induced having to literally telling me that I'm gonna have to download in one go is too much. 17 gb spanning 4hrs from now says I'm going to hit my data cap.

I started it at 12 midnight because my ISP provides a free zone but at the beginning of it the speed were so slow I might as well been on dial up so I left it on to download what it could so that around three I could reset my connection and possibly have better speeds. Come 10 mins ago, because I overslept, I get up pause the download reset my modem and router, check connection speed which by this time is waaaay better than when I first started it. As I unpause the download I am greeted with an empty bar and it has started to redownload the entire update. I had already accepted that it might take me two days to complete the download, but If I have to start over each time then I'll never finish.  Can anyone help me at this point?

2 hours ago, (PS4)denden182 said:

Hahahaha thats a good one i was wondering what that thing was too in the sky but seriously 18gb is a little to much espically when we were told at one point it was goin to be done in small installments not one massive one lol

yeah it was supposed to be bigger due to sonys rules so 18gb is alot better then 20+ i have been downloading it since yesterday and i still have 10+ hours left lol. On the plus side i can finally finish the witcher 3 . fallout 4 bloodborne metal gear ttp lol

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

Has anyone else had the horrible problem of pausing the download and then resuming which entails the entire download restarting from scratch. I mean this seriously just happened to me and the stress than it has induced having to literally telling me that I'm gonna have to download in one go is too much. 17 gb spanning 4hrs from now says I'm going to hit my data cap.

I started it at 12 midnight because my ISP provides a free zone but at the beginning of it the speed were so slow I might as well been on dial up so I left it on to download what it could so that around three I could reset my connection and possibly have better speeds. Come 10 mins ago, because I overslept, I get up pause the download reset my modem and router, check connection speed which by this time is waaaay better than when I first started it. As I unpause the download I am greeted with an empty bar and it has started to redownload the entire update. I had already accepted that it might take me two days to complete the download, but If I have to start over each time then I'll never finish.  Can anyone help me at this point?

yeah i paused it and it restarted luckily it was only abolut 2 gb done