Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid shell (sobek) missing PhysX effect

aerosoul1337

Acid Shells' (sobek mod) PhysX effect is good if Nvidia PhysX is enabled. (Try to compare those videos in higher resolutions.)

Start from the worst cases: (missing basic effect)

1.All infested leaper, crawler, runner type units are missing Acid Shells effect completely, there is no explosion, nothing. Enemies within range just "gone" if killed by Acid Shells or Vulcan Blitz AoE.

2.Hyekka, Drahk and all wildlife units missing Acid shells/Vulcan Blitz effect completely as well.

--

3.Infested heavy units: All Boiler, Brood mother, all ancients are missing Nvidia PhysX effect when killed by Acid Shells.

Missing Nvidia PhysX effect (on particle reflections on the ground) :

4.Most Grineer Heavy units are missing Nvidia PhysX effect when killed by Acid Shells:

Frontier Heavy Gunnier, Drekar Heavy Gunnier, Corrupted Heavy Gunner, Bombard, Corrupted Bombard and Hyekka master-> missing Nvidia PhysX effect when killed by Acid Shells.

However, Heavy Gunnier and Arid Heavy Gunner do have Nvidia PhysX effect when killed by Acid Shells .

(Other variants of heavy gunner are missing  Nvidia PhysX effect when killed by Acid shell.)

--

When PhysX is working on Acrid Shells:

--

Another thing, Vulcan Blitz works just similar to Acid Shells, but it has no PhysX effect at all.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Non-PhysX players (those of us running AMD cards, for instance) are basically left empty-handed when it comes to cool effects. Heck, even credit drops look weird on non-PhysX cards—they do this weird thing where the jump out of the body and clump up in mid-air, and land in that clump.

Edited by motorfirebox

55 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Non-PhysX players (those of us running AMD cards, for instance) are basically left empty-handed when it comes to cool effects. Heck, even credit drops look weird on non-PhysX cards—they do this weird thing where the jump out of the body and clump up in mid-air, and land in that clump.

But so far as I know, they removed most PhysX effects in game.

There are just a few still there. After Specter of the rail update, my display driver became unable to run physX.

When I heard Sobek's mod has PhysX effect, I updated my driver to see it, but it's really buggy.

-

Back in the day when it is still in close beta (2013), it was very cool but also... overkill, we can barely aim like that XD

0:19 that javelin...

Edited by aerosoul1337

• 1 month later...