Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail [+Hotfixes]

[DE]Drew

I'm going to post some of my thoughts about the new update. There's a lot to go through, in terms of content and in terms of what I've written down. Keep in mind it's all subjective.

New Market:

Pros
-When you're looking at a cosmetic for a weapon or Warframe you don't currently own, it tells you right there in the Market.

-Not only are item slots in the Market now, they have their own category! Awesome. They were even careful to use the correct word when describing each one depending on whether you buy two slots per purchase for that type of item or just one.

-A WISHLIIIIIIIIIST

-The new lighting effects for viewing items. This applies to the Codex too. No more omnipresent darkness, and the light behind isn't horribly blinding even with me turning off bloom entirely. Nice work. The Codex in particular does still need some work in terms of how close or far away the camera is to the subject, but that's an incredibly minor issue that isn't relevant here.

Cons
-Just an opinion, but I think the Market would feel like it flows a little better if there wasn't that .1 second animation of the tab extending before the buttons come in. Rather, I think it should be instantaneous.

-The Cosmetics tab shows a cosmetic that we on console will never own as it is no longer available :(

-With the removal of the Blueprints tab it's now a little harder to tell what blueprints can't be bought directly in the Market (although I do like the little Build tab telling you where to buy/find the blueprint if you can't buy it in the Market itself).

@[DE]Drew i bought about 4 pieces of the ADI weapon holster adjustment pack and idk if its glitchy or just not a fully finished product maybe there's a update tht fixes this but i was just wondering if you guys are planning to fix this or if i could possibly get my 80plat refunded because that was truly a waste of platinum. The videos I've seen of it on the Internet looks way better than what i have, once again idk if we're missing a update that fixes this and that i should wait it out or it's just the PS4 version that looks clunky. If it's the latter is there anyway i could be reimbursed for lost plat?

23 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Added Displays:
The Louvre, The Met - and now, The Orbiter. Create your own art exhibit chez vous (too french?) with the new Orbiter Gallery! Whether your skills come from Instagram, Photoshop, or Snapchat, use filters, cropping, and other editing tools to customize each Display how you’d like!

Each picture can be Displayed in a variety of formats:

• Arc
• Landscape
• Tondo
• Poster
• Convex
• Concave
• Wrap
• Squared
• Panoramic

The world might be your canvas, but space is limitless - besides, we can’t all be painters.

This is very deceptive.. Making people believe they can upload their own pictures on their liset.

I wasted platinum.

Might not be the place for it, but ever since the update yesterday I have been having issues with mods eating other mods (fusing results in the mod not leveling up and consumes the others mods) and the UI showing multiple mods of the same level (even though they didn't exist prior). Might wanna take a gander on the PS4 version.

3 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

This is very deceptive.. Making people believe they can upload their own pictures on their liset.

I wasted platinum.

So wait, you cannot post your own pictures? That... makes sense now that I think about it. I mean, of course you can't; then players would do exactly that and put up pin-ups and other assorted... tomfoolery. But you're right, that text is a little misrepresentative.

On 17/08/2016 at 0:02 AM, (PS4)Filthy113 said:

Hold up you guys didn't fix the dark sword glitch out in the profile come on really? Of all the fixes and you missed this one please fix it!

Kavats have a similar glitch. Once you max a kavat you'll have 2 identical entries in profile, one maxed, one unranked. 

Overall update not nearly as bad as I thought. Still not fixed item descriptions in inventory, which is embarrassing at this point, but new additions seems to be working. All junctions etc. There's one bit that bothers me. With navigation map open options button no longer working, so you can't browse inbox, check inventory etc. without closing navigation starmap first. We used to be able to do that, could use a fix.

I bought the holster pack believing you could holster anything anywhere, and I could have sworn I read there was a slider on PC to adjust where and how they sit. Do they have that? Do we not get it? And I can't believe that was 150 plat, I bought it, then tried it out like, wtf!? Really? :( Everything else is ok though. Especially the kitties.

Just now, (PS4)The-Captain-388 said:

Can someone explain why in the world you'd make 20+ new stances just for PvP only?  What's the harm in making them available in PvE too?

they are half stances, meant to get a combo out the window fast.

i can't see why not either you could leave them needing to be bought from tenshin still and make them pve approved (maybe the multiplier is set up for pve?)