Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old end game should be reimplemented

kswong98

Truth to be told, ever since the Second Dream, everything in this game changed, in a bad way. Cinematic quest was awesome, but the story wasn't.

Operator system was ok, since the frames can be revived. 

Frame? Aren't they supposed to be some armor covering the operator?

Well let's get into the topic, regarding the recent update, Specters of the Rail.

It brought about a huge change to the game (again, in my opinion, a bad way).

It changed the Void, something we used to know as the "Prime Parts Farming sector". The idea of letting us to choose the reward we want is totally superb.

But did DE forgot something? The introduction of this new system almost destroyed the thing we know as "end game". Void Survival or Defence or Interception was one of the main reason we play the game for hours (admit it you peasants). It was fun, challenging and we did it mainly for the rewards (not always promising though), the main reason we grind Survival and Defence or Interception for hours and waves was mainly moved by the Prime rewards.

Now, no more? No more rewards that worth our time grinding Survival, Defence or Interception missions?

DE, please return that feature to us. Some Tennos may not agree with me, but I believe, Aang can save the world.

Lol no, I believe that a lot of veterans out there would be in consensus with me.

Edited by Letter13
Click bait titles are bad, m'kay?

Just now, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Yeah... they said that. Here's to hoping the said plan is something good.

...And involves those damnable Nullifiers taking a damned hike.

IMO, punch through weapons should actually be able to punch through the shield..........

5 minutes ago, kswong98 said:

But, but... but that's one of the unique features of thia game Q-Q.

Cheesing the system only to hold as long as possible in the unbalanced slice of the game for the sake of loot and bragging rights? 

No, it wasn't a feature - it was a game design mistake. One of plenty design mistakes DE made, resulting players to develop a habit for unintended playstile

I'm ok with the changes to the prime parts system, but I do agree we need more endgame content besides sorties and raids. 
As far as I know, DE said that the war within was going to introduce something related to endgame with new Sentient mini-bosses and probably (since they have been working on it a lot) a Nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor.

Also, IMO, if DE wants to make endgame content, they should focus more on parkour than enemies themselves, I know a lot of people who kill hordes of enemies with ease, but even after all this time, they can't parkour properly on the Moon Spy missions, and they get detected easily lol. 
Making parkour based missions where you can die or fail a mission for incorrect jumps or moves, would make missions really hard and fun at the same time :D
If we only had boss fights or tilesets  where you would have to fight while avoiding death by using parkour, it would be neat.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

There is something i don't get in this... Why someone "veteran" should still do hours of survival for rewards? Not have already all the parts?

The same reason we put forma on stuff. The challenge. Why max out the frames and weapons if you can never use them to the fullest?

I'm with the OP as well. We need a rewarding spot to be challenged and having end game. I do have hope DE is already on it though. I know they've been talking about the lack of end game. Even in the old void system.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:
5 minutes ago, Mutt2679 said:

There is a time limit in the survivals now? Or we can still play it for hours for a "challenge"?

There is no timer, but some people like challenge that is rewarding ( like in old void the longer you went the more prime parts you would get) now you get nothing for the effort...

3k hrs in game and I hate survival, the most painful and tiresome gamemode was 'relieved' and now I feel the game is much 'healthier'.

People finally willing to try out different frames, weapons and playstyle instead of bringing meta-gears and bruteforcing high level mobs in the golden fatigue maps.

I would rather let DE focus on taking care of new players, although the new fissure system killed my source of ducats.

Edited by VCaptiion

1 minute ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

There is a time limit in the survivals now? Or we can still play it for hours for a "challenge"?

No, no limit, but it's also a lot less rewarding as far as the end mission rewards.. There is no endgame worth playing at the moment. The game is really easy once you max out a few "meta" frames and weapons. All I'm saying is the vets need end game, challenging  and rewarding content. Otherwise, what's the point of maxing out your gear? I'm not saying staying in survival for hours on end needs to be that end game.  

17 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

There is something i don't get in this... Why someone "veteran" should still do hours of survival for rewards? Not have already all the parts?

There's a thing called "Ducats". Perhaps you've heard of them?