Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #79!

[DE]Rebecca

I have a bunch of topics that have been on my mind and have been speculating on, so here's the list:

Confirmation on whether Rampart Turrets are not being affected by Punch-Through is intended. (Please make it affect them, You can shoot through crates, walls and ship hull plating with punch-through.)

Friend list improvement:
- general performance improvement
- adding tags to friends, or different identifiers; [DE]Rebecca : Fun Digital Extremes staff
- groups
- queueing for streamers
- tool-tip info on friends ~alliance, clans

'alliance dojo'- alliance leading(or selected) dojo for public alliance meeting, Alliance Dojo key?

Walking toggle, animation is there, for base at least, maybe individual warframe walk animations.
So: Walk - Run (default movement) - Sprint

Focus Lens 'distillers', ability to remove lenses from equipment.

Costumisation
Individual accessory coloring
'prime metal' color slot
More favorite colors, and rearranging of the colors.

Mods and mechanics
A change for 'band-aid' mods, automatically implementing their effects to some degree in the warframes themselves, upping their effects or turning them into mechanics.
- Handspring perhaps a minigame where you trigger a key to get up, maybe have it affect slow effects too, react fast and you can get out of the slows
- Warm Coat to rather give 12% resistance to the cryogenic effect, up its effectiveness to 90%
- Shock Absorbers to give 50% damage resistance on knockdown instead of 20%

Shields

Spoiler

The first line of defense of your warframe. But after some progress through the starmap they don't stop anything and you're left to rely on armor-amplified health, and health regeneration. I propose making shields be more effective against high damage instances, charging a protection-percentage(p%) when not being hit that blocks damage which would exceed maximum shield strength, with mods affecting the charge rate of the p%, the cooldown on how soon it starts charging after being hit.
    Why propose a change to make shields 'stronger'? Instances where you get 'one-shot' by something that blindsided you. Yes, Quick Thinking helps against this to a point, but leaves you vulnerable, a last line of defense mod that when in a pinch won't give you enough time to respond to the next shot. Having your shields, first line of defense, be able to block something that would otherwise knock you out.

Codex scanning

Spoiler

not having to switch out your weapons to use a scanner against live enemies, make corpses scan-able(?), Make weapon augments that give scans on kill or <amount of time> hit adding a scan to an enemy. Maybe even just hit-'scan' first, and after the target is scanned hit-damage. Thinking to use the Gammacor, lorewise it is used to analyze minerals, why not make it scan for the codex without breaking gameflow of having to switch to your scanners? (Either regular codex scanner or  Simaris scanner) - This having been adressed to a degree with the addition of the Heliocor Hammer, although for individuals. Perhaps improve on the effect so it also gives scans to squadmates around you/the target.

Synthesis Targets.

Spoiler

Since after the Second Dream, there haven't been lore-based synthesis targets on anymore, only the 'daily synthesis'. Will these lore-based synthesis objectives return? Hunting for the lore is more interesting than to just going to Simaris and return after you're done scanning the same few enemies over and over with only Fusion Cores to show for it. Maybe make a reward for the most ardent scanner(s) for the lore-synthesis (clan statue, noggle, emblem, sigil, who knows.)

I hope this can provide some content for discussion during the devstream tomorrow, looking forward to watching it!

1: Any thoughts on making Shields more appealing in game? Right now most people seem to go with rage + qt + primed flow and armor over shields.

2:Any news on ranged melee?

A way to remove the "pre swing" before throw?

Dual ranged melee weapons?

(3: Can sparring weapons like Obex get melee damage on flykicks?)

1. Are there any new ships in the making, i really like Xiphos and the mantis. i would like to see more wacky and crazy ships.

2. Is there a possible answer to any new tonfa type weapons, The Kronen are my favorite weapon, but you only have the kronen and the boltlace. 

3. are the operator suit gonna be platinum or credits or even free to use.

4. We have all been popping the question lately what in the world is behind the infested door. 

5. especially for new players. Can you tone down the resources to make the kavat incubator segment and the upgrade segment. Even i am having a hard time collecting the resources and i started playing when volt prime was released. 

6. a button in the liset and landing craft color pickers for us to match our ships to our warframes, colors only at this point. 

Question 1(gameplay): can we get some love for channeling and charge attacks? Maybe new mods to mix them up a bit

Question 2(fashionframe): what are the chances you'll introduce new auxiliary attachments for frames besides nekros and Valkyr? They've been the only frames with these special attachments for years, and it would be interesting to see what unique equipment other frames would use, even of its just through tennogen 

I've wandte to ask for a while about two specific things:

Kubrow/Kavats system improvements

AI and balance issues aside, with the addition of Kavats our ship's incubator became a bit more crowded and swapping pets around between missions is rather tedious. I.e. I use my kavat for farming resources and general gameplay while my kubrow goes with me to high level missions. I also use to tend use my pets on different warframes. Swapping them around requires from me going to the incubator, putting one pet in stasis, pulling the second one out and PAYING to be able to use it instantly. It's a bit counter intuitive given we can swap sentinels on the fly.

Are there any plans to improve on this problem? Adding another incubator slot in the Orbiter or perhaps? (I think it's something kubrow breeders asked for a long while). Or maybe it'd be possible to just allow us to choose our pet companions the same way we pick sentinels? That would automatically pull them out of stasis and get ready to battle. Since we already pay hefty credits for the DNA stabillizers I don't see why the cost of unfreezing your pet should still be in there. 

General running/walking animation

This is purely a cosmetic thing but it bothered me a long while. I know you mentioned on one of the latest devstreams that you wouldn't make individual stance animations for different types of weapons but would it be possible to create a second set of general animations for agile warframe stances?

When we customize our warframe we have two animations sets to choose: noble and agile. The noble stance is more straight up, calm and collected while a lot of the agile stances have warframes leaned heavily forward like ready to run/leap. Using agile stances on warframes however seems somewhat broken when you actually get into mission. Even if your frame is at the crouching level when you run it just straightens fully up and moves forward. The transition between the stance and running animation is sometimes ridiculous i.e. Inaros agile stance. In his agile stance he is slumped down, leaning to the side, but in the mission  when we move forward he magically straightens up and runs forward just to slump down again when the toon stops (not to mention Atlas' agile animation set).

I'm not saying each warframe stance should have a complete set of running/walking animations, no. What I'm asking about are the general running/walking animations that wouldn't break the flow of warframe's movement. Agile running/walking animation set could be just frames running more leaned forward, more "battle ready". It's a small thing but it's sometimes really jarring. 

4 minutes ago, MrDvago said:

The rare resource Control modules, have been stocking up in all veteran/void players inventory, but we can't use them for anything. any ideas for consumables using control modules for crafting??

^^^ This, so much yes! Control Modules have become the Spinning Needles and Seismic Palm of the resource world. And the general void Troll resource "OMG, green! Argon- NOPE!"

15 hours ago, Aeiroth said:

Or are you too afraid of the "Muh MR5 can't k33l Lever 200s, dis gaem is Pay2Win".

or maybe they're sane and don't think locking up all the good weapons behind high MR is all that good of an idea and its not. id rather them do something else with high MR rewards rather than locking weapons.

15 hours ago, Alenn_Tax said:

Itzal research costs, intended or not ? (FYI: Itzal's Harness requires 250 oxium to research; while Itzal's Wings and Systems require 3750 oxium each. Before SotR, it was 20 (Harness), 30, (System), 5 (Wings))

Where have all the nightmare missions gone ? (All there is ATM is nightmare alerts.)

please answer this. im not dropping any oxium on it til its reduced or confirmed intended.

Hello DE crew, 

Will you ever do a second print of the Excalibur collector's statue.  I missed it as I'm sure many others have.  There are many desperate Tenno like myself that would really like to finish their collections and you guys make more cheddar.

Thanks for your amazing work on the greatest game on the earth.

I'd like to ask about ability's that gives orb at x% chance if it kills the target. Mag pull energy orb, Oberon ult healt orb. Can you make it to not just on kill but like give them a debuff like 2 sec when they die give the orb, because in high level they not really killing stuff. And why dont we have large health orb like the energy. I'd like to make big red balls with my Nekros.

Heya DE,

This is kinda a minor issue, not too important but will the Scimitars animation ever be fixed?

ever since the scimitar was introduced, I've noticed in the loading screen that theres no animation for turning right (wings moving up and down) but there is an animation for turning left. WIll it ever be fixed?

Also was wondering what further developments you guys are thinking of putting towards the relic system? will there ever be things like void survival with drops again but through the relics? If so, how are you going to implement these changes?

Thanks for reading :P

We see Clans raising space station dojo's, we see them construct sizable solar rails, there's even a rumor going on that they will be involved in some way in rebuilding relays.

But, are we ever going to see clans being able to build powerful space flagships (Or Clanships) with some coordinated space combat with people jumping out of the launch bays with their archwings to engage in dog-fighting while their clanship offers battlefield support based on their loadout engaging the enemy ship in the same time? Sometimes the enemy even could board ship at which point some of the players could have gone back and engage in various extermination and defense objectives, while you could board enemy ship just as well and have number of sabotage and extermination missions as well!

Edited by daget24

Dear DE!

Since the first syndicate weapons arrived I was looking forward to a way to control the syndicate blast effects, So it will blast when the player wants, not the exact moment its fully charged. These "random" blasts are really making some things hard for us. And now that you announced the syndicate melees, I think some of us would really appreciate this mechanic.

So my question is: Can we have a button that triggers this effect after its fully charged?