Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #79!

[DE]Rebecca

Would you, please, PLEASE consider fixing how holding the sprint key functions? Currently anything that overrides sprint will cancel the held sprint key and block it from being registered as held until it is lifted and repressed. Meaning that, assuming you want to sprint (which is basically all the time in Warframe) shift has to be lifted and repressed every single freaking time you shoot, use and ability, aim, get staggered, knocked down, etc. I'm currently writing this because I can't play right now because my pinky hurts...I'm not even joking.

I would ask that you just make sprint the default running speed and have hold shift to jog, but for some reason game developers just love to make gamers hold down shift, even when there is absolutely no reason to ever not be sprinting, like they have some under the table deal with rheumatologists. So assuming that solution isn't on the table could you at least make it so that holding shift always makes you sprint, regardless of whether or not something stopped you sprinting at some point.

This issue isn't limited to sprinting by the way, there are other examples, they are just no where near as aggravating or carpel tunnel syndrome inducing, but for the record, a couple of other examples.

Holding down the left click on an automatic weapon and getting staggered, knocked down or heavy landing. The interrupt stops the gun from firing, but the gun wont continue to fire after the stagger unless you repress the button.

Boosting in Archwing after using an ability. You use an ability and then try to fly forward, but you press W and Shift a fraction of a second before the casting animationfinishes, so the held shift doesn't register. You then press space, which you are expecting to boost you because you are holding shift and that's what shift+space should do, but because shift didn't register pressing the space bar now makes you fly straight into the ceiling and stop dead, you then proceed to pull out another handful of hair and stuff it in your mouth to muffle the screams...or maybe that's just me.

I find it extremely frustrating, not to mention it literally hurts my hands. One of my biggest pet peeves is games that force you to hold down a sprint key when there is absolutely no reason to ever not be sprinting, but Warframe takes it to a whole new level. If a key is being held down and nothing else is stopping it from performing an action it should be performing that action.

Edited by Anti-Skub

A few questions for DE:

1. Will there ever be a way to remove focus lens from warframes/weapons? Because the current system means that we lose lens every time we change our main weapons. Sorties now only give one lens per season, and the last one lasted 60 days, so a new lens set every 2 months ?

2. Nexus for Windows Phone. Is it shelved for the foreseeable future; will there be plans later or has it been dropped altogether?

3. Are there any plans for Orbiter room size and position customization? The Concept art of the Orbiter makes the whole ship look HUGE, yet we've barely seen a small portion of it (Some rooms, like the infested room, can be locked till the required quest has been unlocked. Also, more room for player made art ^^ ).

4. For the different mission nodes introduced in Star Chart 3.0 based on the previous events (like Operation Cicero, Gravidas etc), is it possible to enhance those specific nodes a bit? Like adding introductory clips to those specific missions to make more sense of the background/story around them?

Take Cicero for instance, I know (because I wanted to read as much warframe lore as I could), that creating anti-toxins for the Cicero node is possible mechanic. Can you change it to a one time event ? Like, unlock the node and a clip plays,  depicting an introduction to the event (From the point of view of someone who only did Vor's Prize quest and has no other idea on the Lore). A mail also comes, telling you what you can/need to do. Then invite groups of friends/ act solo to complete the event and get rewards. One is only allowed a certain number of tries before the 'event' expires (For people with irregular login times, like me) and a completed try only counts if you have completed the mission (No forced logouts). To keep people from abusing the mechanic, once you've done the event (i.e. Completed all your tries, and helping friends count), you won't get any additional 'event' rewards, but you can still get better credits/ help friends out. (event rewards remain the same, regardless of weather you play the event solo/with friends).

Also, the same clip replays when you re-enter the mission, but not the first time you enter. (an ending clip would also be nice ^^ )

Star Chart 3.0 means that traveling through the planets has become more linear. Can this mechanic be taken advantage of to create more lore based mini content? Tactical alerts can be added too, as once a day/3 days/week Nightmare missions (although with different modifiers please).

I'm know that you guys are already pushing out some great content soon and personally, I seriously cannot wait. This is just an idea to further enhance gameplay on warframe later. (And make travel to other planets much more interesting, rather than seeing different the same missions on different tilesets.)

Edited by ShadowMark25

looking forward to it, but i also few 2 questions

first of all: are you guys making another longbow (my daikyu is lonely).

second question: what made you guys decide to make longbow status chance and short bows crit based? (i personaly think longbows should be the crit version and the shortbows the status version)

For the consoles could we have the Codex entries for Excal Prime, as well as the Skana and Lato Primes? I know they are only for PC Founders and I understand why. I would just like the Codex entries since they do exist. You could even put in the description that they are exclusive to Founders. I just think it would be neat to do.

Thanks for the info, Rebecca! Can't wait for the update!

I do have one quick question: After U18.13, a lot of Chroma players seem to be upset that he wasn't given a "proper" passive ability. Are there any plans to look at giving him an updated or additional passive alongside his color-to-element mechanic?

Dear developers of my beloved Warframe.

Can you bring back the infinite range that weapons like Synapse or Phage used to get when firing through Volt's electric shield?

I fail to see the downsides, i do not think it is op, it makes sense based on the ability, and it does make some weapons end game viable that otherwise are not.

Hugs from your fellow Tenno Sakaguchi.

Edited by Sakaguchi

I would like to know if there are any news on previously mentioned changes to the way waypoints work. Like a line to an objective or marker, like for example Dead Space used. It's been a while since you guys said that might be comming, but I never heard about it again after that. So is that still a thing or off the table?

Could you please provide proper support for European ISO layout keyboards. This key for example (which is fairly common on EU keyboards) is not recognised by Warframe and it's right in the middle of the cluster of keys you want to use for gaming.

QFRU1at.png

Will there be anything done to Phorid? Me, personally think that Phorid has been sitting in the corner all by his lonesome. Now I do think you do have the idea of doing something to him but I don't think there has been much talk about him. I raise this question because I do think that some of his attacks are a bit "stupid" in damage, yeah it is probably easy to get out of the way of his Quill shot but the absurd amount of damage it can do is a bit unfair to the untrained eye. So, will there be plans or an idea to have something done with Phorid in the future?

is it possible to make the fissure rewards color coded similar to the common, uncommon & rare mods? with 4x rewards, you quickly forget which are actually rare ones, especially when a player uses a "RADIANT" relic and a rare reward pops up, the player that equipt it might know, but not other players. With color coded, we would know, "ooh! theres 2x rares out of the 4 rewards!" then we as players are more informed to decide on the suitable reward we are looking for. XD 

With the latest patches there has been a problem with imprint trading. Several people traded imprints just for one of them to randomly vanish. Will these people have any way of getting their imprints back once the bug is fixed?

Also invasion missions used to have an impact on the star chart as the winning faction would own that node. Later it was patched so that this did not happen. Is there any chance we will see something like this again? 

What are your thoughts on allowing players to hear and see each others operators when they speak in mission? Personally I think it'd be really neat if, for example, when someone placed a waypoint their Operator came up on my screen and said "Over here". It'd be a really nice way to show off Operator customisation and make it feel a bit less like you're the only Operator that exists. 

Do we have any news on the ''clan tag'' feature, you were talking about it in a couple of dev streams before?

And what will happen to people (like me) that already payed 200 plat to get the clan tag in their name?

Kind regards, and keep up the good work!

In case you guys haven't gotten this enough I loved SOTR and hope the stress it brought with it has been atleast some what relieved after all that iterating.

So my actual questions are questions probably asked earlier in the thread but when are we going to be able to clean the infestation of our door cause kitty can only eat so much.

Are we ever going to see the orbiter in game because i can only look at the concept art for so long without wondering when it will be in game as something we can witness.

Then of course is The War Within going to answer what the warframes are since we now know who the tenno are.

Also shoutouts to [DE]Bora you rock!

Questions:

1. Any progression made on Frost coat physics ? or maybe Volt's ?

2. When the sigils were first showed on the devstream, there was a system in the works with "hard mode" feature added to bosses, like defeating Lephantis with only melee. If players managed to complete it, then it would have unlocked a unique sigil. Is there any chance that we might see this feature added later to the game ?!

Hello DE,

The new star chart has really helped the system feel more alive, as you guys said it would. We have seen fomorians and the acolytes return, is there a possibility of seeing parts of other past events, such as the False Profit and maybe even Tubemen of Regor, come back as well? Having the possibility for multiple event game modes without the full event to pop up would take that feeling of an active starchart even further. 

Thanks!

Hello DE

2 Questions 

-Will the infested part of our liset have any conection with the War Within?

-Could Excaliburs Exalted blade Combos be looked at ? it is mm, Kind of boring to use, It only makes him swing his sword in different ways

21 hours ago, Tymerc said:

8. Can we please have a host button when trying to start a match when on public settings? I am tired of the game either searching endlessly for a squad or giving me lobby idlers and hosts who leave on purpose. 

This, so much, please.