Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #79!

[DE]Rebecca

Probably either going to be ignored or sent to the pyres, but~

With Mastery Ranks slowly increasing do you plan on making weapons or Warframes that reflect this as how Syndicate weapons has made MR12 a desirable rank? Or are you too afraid of the "Muh MR5 can't k33l Lever 200s, dis gaem is Pay2Win".

UMBRA. You know it'll be asked until it's released. At least give us some updated info about how we'll acquire Umbra stuff.

Syndicate Melee Weapons.

I understand that you want to use weapons that aren't currently used, but why the Rakta Dark Dagger, Telos Boltace, and Sancti Magistar? Why not Rakta Glaive, Telos Galatine/Gram/Skana, or Sancti Lacera? These weapons seem to fit better with these syndicates, their themes, their motifs. Could we at least see some syndicate mods for these weapons (Red Veil mod for Glaive, Arbiters mod for Gram, New Loka mod for Lacera)?

Syndicate Armor.  Any plans on releasing Syndicate armor pieces?

Separate Colorable Armor PiecesOn that note, are there still plans to allow us to color our cosmetics separately?

Nightwatch Re-Introduction? Any plans to re-introduce the Grineer Nightwatch Corps? Maybe they could replace all the Grineer on Sedna, much how Earth has Frontier Grineer, Mars Arid Grineer, and Uranus Drekar Grineer?

Boss-specific Enemies. On that note, have you guys ever considered having some boss-tailored enemies (like how Nightwatch look kinda like Kela de Thaym)? It'd be a cool thing to have each boss have their own personal enemies. Kela could have Nightwatch, Vor could have enemies colored like him, Vay Hek could have all the colorful Grineer, etc. It'd be like their own "Vader's Fist" (to borrow a reference from Star Wars).

Dr. Tengus. Could we ever see Tengus as a boss? Maybe Lech Kril could just be on Mars (and not Ceres), and Tengus could be on Ceres? We've heard so much about Tengus. It'd be nice to see him added to the game.

Corpus love? You guys have done a whole lot of stuff with the Grineer. Are the Corpus gonna get any love besides being comic relief via Alad V and Nef Anyo?

Movement rework. Have you guys ever considered reworking the movement (running, sprinting, movement while aiming)? Ever considered making it more fluid, IK-based animations and such?

Environment rework. And the last question. Have you ever considered reworking certain tilesets, like Earth? It doesn't appear very overgrown, and it doesn't capture the idea of a forest or the idea of an untamed, wild, uncontrollable environment. It looks like someone regularly cuts the grass on Earth. Have you ever considered making Earth more overgrown with vegetation or just making it a bit denser?

Also, Venus. Venus isn't ice. While you tried to explain that the Orokin moderate the temperature via the Cephalon Fragments, the Venus tileset has trees. There are no trees on Venus, and your lore doesn't mention the Orokin terraforming the planet. The tileset seems more suited to the Everest node on Earth than it does to Venus. And quite frankly, it looks more appropriate for Halo than it does for Warframe. Have you guys ever thought about revisiting Venus as a whole and making it a little bit more like its real life counterpart?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Question: Mods in Warframe are so incredibly powerful, that they do not simply enhance gameplay; they determine it. Have you ever played with an idea of simply splitting all modifier values in half? Or maybe even quarter them? (For example: Reducing Hellfire mod from +90% fire damage to +45% or even +22%.)

Further thoughts: If the split was universal and affected every mod in the game, then it should reduce the general power level of mods somewhat equally. This could have the positive effect that players with non-maxed mods would not feel so out of place and veterans could still benefit from all the hard work they have put into maxing their gear.

Edited by Caduzeus
Added further thoughts.

First, following the update are there any plans regarding a more comprehensive review of the current bugs in the game and fixing them? Or will that be handled along the development of the current update as is usual?

Second, I am interested in the Limbo rework, do we have anything solid on what is being done with him, and when can we expect the rework to be released? 

I'm afraid you are probably not going to touch this subject with a ten foot pole but I'ma try anyways:

What's the long term strategy regarding vaulting and unvaulting of primes? We are approaching the point where there are more prime frames vaulted than available. With the current unvaulting rotation it could take years until a newer player might get their first chance at obtaining Frost Prime. Do you think this system of having an ever increasing pile of unavailable content is healthy/beneficial/sustainable?

Could we see simultaneous unvaultings of multiple frames in the future? Faster rotations? Or an increase of the pool of farmable things (i.e. just simply not vaulting Nova when the next new prime is released)?

PS: If the answer contains the words "drop table dilution" I'm gonna scream. Please just don't.

Hey there I'm a pretty new player here and I was wondering about two things:

1) Any news on equipment menu or at least inventory menu being available in dojo? It makes trading and other player interactions much more time consuming. Not being able to look at your good while in your "frat house" seems a bit odd as well!

2) Anything on a Rhino passive ability rework? Feels like it doesn't accomplish much besides alerting enemies! Some options could be to have it proc during air melee slam or only when iron skin is active. Even if not so passive, having it triggered when jumping and holding the jump button could be nice.

Thanks for reading! Ruukukuku out!

31 minutes ago, blazingcobalt said:

Just a quick small question that isn't really related to anything..

Will we ever get rainbow energy color? (If its even possible anyways.)

I always wanted that for ages. I still want rainbow explosions for my nova since her release all the way back.

And my question is simple, a repeat of my question last time

When or if there is ever going to be any individual color customizations between armor and syandana for better fashion frame? As it currently stands, it's a bit difficult to get the syandanas you want to look good with specific armor sets and vice versa.

Umbra?

Will you do something about the need of Frost in Infested Excavation missions? The health of excavator is just not enough since SotR.

Also chargers are "fast with weak claw attacks" (as stated in-game). However reality is slightly different.

So are there any incoming Infested or Excavation changes?

Thank you :)

Edited by Kialandi

Itzal research costs, intended or not ? (FYI: Itzal's Harness requires 250 oxium to research; while Itzal's Wings and Systems require 3750 oxium each. Before SotR, it was 20 (Harness), 30, (System), 5 (Wings))

Where have all the nightmare missions gone ? (All there is ATM is nightmare alerts.)

Hello DE!

I want to ask you guys about Three O's: Operators, Orbiters, and Ontological Mysteries.

Operators:

First off, I'm [mostly!] not asking about future mechanical or system developments for Operators. I know a lot of players are interested in being able to play more directly as the Operators in some fashion, and maybe War Within hints at that, but I am perfectly content for you to unfold those new game styles in a manner and time which you think is best for the game and community.
           No, what I want to ask is how you guys in the creative team conceptualise Operators. When you think of your own, personal Operator, the one who embodies your player account, who and what do you see? Do you see an innocent child, waking from a barely remembered dream? Do you see a child soldier, hardened to the world through a lifetime of nightmare? Do you see the mind of a centuries old ninja master, incarnate in the body of a youth?

I really would like to know how you guys would describe the potential mindsets of the Operators, and in particular share with us your personal expectations for how their experience might have shaped them. Would you expect some of the Tenno to go into psychotic denial of who they are? Would you expect some to disregard and neglect their own fragile body, choosing always to express their mind through the avatar of a Warframe? 

The only mechanical or directly game related question which I would like to attach here concerns the main outlet for Operator characterisation: their dialogue. Are there any thoughts towards broadening their available dialogue, or even giving players some kind of choice regarding Operator 'attitudes'?

Orbiters:

Are there any plans for allowing players to make choices and allocations regarding internal volume of the Orbiter? I know that you guys are hanging some kind of big plot thread on the remaining doors in the rear corridor, but I am very curious as to whether we may ever have the option to expend resources to designate or rebuild rooms on the lower decks, for various purposes. Do you perhaps plan some kind of quest involving the Operator crawling through the airducts to get access to said lower decks?

Also, roughly how big would you say the Orbiter is? Ballpark figure, length in meters? Disregard this question if it would be awkward, limiting, or irrelevant to answer!

Ontological Mystery:

For a long time, the biggest mystery in Warframe was exactly what the Tenno are/were. In effect, we were playing one of those adventure games where you spawn into the world not knowing who you are, what you are, or how you got there, and part of the point of the game was figuring out what the hell is going on.

Now, we know what the Tenno are. However, there are clearly some big mysteries left in the setting. Not all of them are existential mysteries, which I would describe as the kind of mystery where finding the answer forces you to change how you see yourself. Thus, "What exactly happened in the aftermath of the Collapse?" is not an existential question. "What is a Warframe?" is an existential question. "Why did the Void jump accident create Tenno?" is another. "What lurks in the Void, what kind of dreadful power might the Tenno be linked to? Does it have anything to do with their apparent ability to hear the voices of the dead, as in Second Dream and Sands of Inaros?"

As the creative team, what kind of existential mysteries do you look forward to exploring in the future of Warframe?

Cheers. 

Teeth.

[I get this is a little bit of a late EDIT, but I wanted to say that @Culaio's post from later in the thread is an absolute blinder of a post, and is clearly coming from a player who is very interested in the spacecraft side of things in Warframe. The interior pictures linked there, of the Liset/Orbiter having an honest-to-Void cockpit, with seats and consoles, those look amazing. I would be beyond delighted if we could someday see our Operators at the control consoles of our ships.]

1lA7r1N.png

cesar-rizo-cr-wf-t-liset-cockpit-05a.jpg

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I think there needs to be a system where we can for say 5 plat reset your frame or weapon to "Foundry Default" where all forma and potatoes are taken off and and the frame is set to Unranked. The potatoes and and forma are not lost and returned to the player. This is for players like myself that after using forma for something then having that changed would like to "fix" it without putting in MORE forma. ex. i had forma'd my Frost Prime to function with only snowglobe when abilities still had mod cards(this was 5 forma) but now that this has changed and frost's abilities have changed(not by much) i would like to have the option to change his polarities without adding More forma. Now i'm not saying reset then be allowed to put all those forma back on right away, no i'm saying RESET the frame so i have to rank it to 30 for every forma again and i believe this would balance it out. Thank you for your time and consideration and if you could address this in the next live stream i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again and have a nice day.

SoulHunter2008

47 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Not an Art Stream, but I still wanna ask it.

In what I believe was Devstream 4, Mynki talked about having a concept of what the Tenno looked like. With Second Dream, we saw another concept, which would ultimately become the Tenno we see now. Were the two concepts different, and if so, could we know what the original concept of the Tenno was?

You've been looking back at the old Devstreams as well? :>