The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please disclose the Fissure buffs

Bibliothekar

Well, we're two and (almost) a half updates deep in Specters of the Rail - but I'm still missing one piece of information about Fissures: What buffs does the relic impose on our equipment when opened?

Primary and secondary weapon are easily observable, since they are tied to something that's quite prominently on the HUD. Your weapon doesn't use any ammo while the effect is active. But our warframe and melee weapon? I have no clue. Only thing I can tell so far, is that it's not improved power efficiency / no channeling cost. Someone from DE, enlighten us please. This kind of information shouldn't be left to guessing. Heck, that's what we have the codex for, put a short explanation of Fissures and the corruption buffs (and, while we're on it, Sorties as well) in the Missions tab.

And yes, I've checked the wiki, they don't know either.

What are you talking about? Melee is a channeling efficiency. But it can't go under 1 so you use 1 per hit on channeling with the melee buff.

As for warframe, you get power stats, viewing the abilities tab in mission makes me see a huge boost in power str. (doubleing your warframe's current power str) and some mild increases in range.

Believe they've said they plan on making it so that when you select a relic it discloses what buff you get, so we'll probably know at some point. Personally, I don't see a point to the buff. It lasts 60 seconds and does something that may not be relevant to your build because we look for parts, not short term, one time buffs.

Edited by Ceryk

6 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

What are you talking about? Melee is a channeling efficiency. But it can't go under 1 so you use 1 per hit on channeling with the melee buff.

As for warframe, you get power stats, viewing the abilities tab in mission makes me see a huge boost in power str. (doubleing your warframe's current power str) and some mild increases in range.

Few things:
-One of the possible buffs for opening a relic is completely free channeling.  As in 60 seconds where you can channel and hit enemies and use absolutely zero energy.
There is literally no way to tell if you get this buff as channeling costs are dsiplayed no where in the UI.
-Second is that its not always practical to stop and go searching through your menus with multiple clicks and see "oh my abilities are stronger/reduced cost/free" (and yes, you can have your energy efficiency get better or even have your abilities cost 0 energy for those 60 seconds)
-Third there are some buffs that affect warframe parkour speed (as in arm gliding and other maneuvers become much faster and cover much more ground.
Again there is no way to tell if you get this buff as there is no UI indication for parkour buffs.

Simple fact is that the buff needs to tell you what you get so that you can actually get some use out of it without having to spend a while clicking through multiple levels of the menus or firing all of your weapons, or trying to channel melee, or trying out various parkour maneuvers.

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

viewing the abilities tab in mission

Waitwhat? We can view our ability stats in mission? When did they add that?

@Tsukinoki: I didn't even know there were different possible buffs. Since guns always get "no ammo used" and Era only makes a difference in duration, I thought it was the same for the other two.

Just now, Bibliothekar said:

Waitwhat? We can view our ability stats in mission? When did they add that?

@Tsukinoki: I didn't even know there were different possible buffs. Since guns always get "no ammo used" and Era only makes a difference in duration, I thought it was the same for the other two.

I've been playing with friends and I found I got the free channeling cost while my friend got the infinite ammo for their guns.

So the simple thing is that the actual effect of the buff isn't even the same between all team mates.

I've gotten it plenty of times where I'll get the buff and my weapons still use ammo, my channeling still costs energy, my abilities cost the same that they used to, the difference was that my abilities were stronger than normal for those 60 seconds.  Which if you aren't playing a damage or power strength dependent frame is useless.

From what I can tell there are a variety of buffs you can get and its random which one you do.