Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want To Be Able To Access Your Foundry, Get Daily Login Rewards And Do Other Game-Related Stuff From Your Phone?

Ezard

I'm guessing most people in this thread haven't heard of Splashtop?

Basically, you can remote-access your PC from your smartphone, allowing you to, say, start up Warframe and do whatever a phone interface / screen will let you do (pretty much anything menu related)

Splash top has difficulties being a true peer to peer connection. same problem has plagued the nvidia shield. Works best when on the same network. To DE you might not be able to login due to poor connection issues ore even be banned because of the connection type with a device addition to the PC footprint on their server. (All hypothetical minus the same network quarks)

Splash top has difficulties being a true peer to peer connection. same problem has plagued the nvidia shield. Works best when on the same network. To DE you might not be able to login due to poor connection issues ore even be banned because of the connection type with a device addition to the PC footprint on their server. (All hypothetical minus the same network quarks)

Yep - even though I could *probably* connect to re API that the game itself uses, there are certain checks that the server does to ensure that you're connecting from the game (to minimise cheating)

Here's an idea for the phone app.. there's more operating systems than Android. Get a Windows Phone app out too!

I did think of this but I have to pay on a yearly basis to keep the app on the app store. Admittedly it's a lot less than Apple charge, so if I do port it over, then Windows Phone will be first on the list :-)

A lock screen that's the hacking mini-game would be cool.

A lock screen that's the hacking mini-game would be cool.

Android doesn't support this unless I write my own homescreen launcher, which isn't going to happen, sorry Edited by Ezard

You just want DE to make an API for the foundry/dojo/mod collection? Because the nexus app has every feature here listed planned already. I don't think they'd trust any player to make an app that checks these things for you, because they'd require login info, and that could get keylogged. I don't know a whole lot about APIs or the security issues with them, but I feel like they'd rather do it themselves... I could be wrong though.

Edited by VegetableBasket

You just want DE to make an API for the foundry/dojo/mod collection? Because the nexus app has every feature here listed planned already. I don't think they'd trust any player to make an app that checks these things for you, because they'd require login info, and that could get keylogged. I don't know a whole lot about APIs or the security issues with them, but I feel like they'd rather do it themselves... I could be wrong though.

Security issues are definitely top of the list, and I want them to put in as much security as they can, if only to minimise any possible errors that I myself make

Also, regarding the Nexus app - if they provided an API, then they could keep working on the game whilst I could sort out the Android stuff

I'd rather they fix the game before making another nexus app...

That's why I'm suggesting that they keep working on the game whilst I do the Android stuff :P

Security issues are definitely top of the list, and I want them to put in as much security as they can, if only to minimise any possible errors that I myself make

Also, regarding the Nexus app - if they provided an API, then they could keep working on the game whilst I could sort out the Android stuff

I guess building an API wouldn't be too bad, are you saying you want to construct the front-end? It seems like DE is heavy on artists and light on programmers, so I feel like the UI would get done in a snap over there, but getting the rest of it running would be near the bottom of a highly backlogged list of things to do... I'm not an expert though.

Edited by VegetableBasket

I guess building an API wouldn't be too bad, are you saying you want to construct the front-end? It seems like DE is heavy on artists and light on programmers, so I feel like the UI would get done in a snap over there, but getting the rest of it running would be near the bottom of a highly backlogged list of things to do... I'm not an expert though.

Yep, just the front-end

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say no har to DE or the other developer but this app of Ezard labs is just the best warframe app out thare with way more options then the others I even use the foundery option so that I know in the weekend wen I cab claim my stuf and start main blue prints for warframes DE shoud realy talk to this giluy becous the app they made is terible

Pretty much what the title says - if you want to be able to access your foundry, get daily login rewards and do other game-related stuff, all from your phone via an app, then up-vote this topic, and comment showing your support

DE are obviously focusing on making the game as awesome as possible, and as such aren't really prioritising their Android app (which is fine, because the game needs the most work)

However, there are several community developers, including myself, who have already made several programs, apps and websites that allow players to get notified of alerts, provide info about the game, or provide a means to calculate the damage done by weapons when mods are equipped. I don't just speak for myself when I say that most, if not all of us community devs would be more than happy to integrate features like accessing your foundry into our software - and best of all, it's not even like we charge money for our software

So in conclusion, to show your support for this cause, please upvote this topic, and comment with additional features that would like to be included, and I'll add them here

If many people join this cause, then the devs will have to pay attention (or they could just delete this topic, but the first option is preferable :D)

Okay people seem to be against getting login rewards, so I'll add it to the "Possibly Unwanted" list below

Other Suggested Features

Full access to mod collection

Access to dojo research/construction

Access to the market

Contact list (including being able to see who's online, and being able to chat with them)

Clan chat

"Dojo room complete" notification

You can't collect your daily login reward - instead, you an avoid losing your login streak (but you don't get the reward)

Possibly Unwanted Features

Daily Login Rewards

This is a great thread, with great ideas. As you mention, the game is taking priority right now over the App, however, we do intend to make it a priority once the PS4 launch is out of the way and we have some additional man-power to lend to this project. Keep the ideas coming!

The app in its current state is ready for iOS but we're working through the approval process with Apple to get it launched. Will announce when we finally succeed in getting it on the App Store.

With all due respect, I think he was asking me to port my app to iOS, not Warframe Nexus

The answer to which is, of course, sorry but no - it's far too expensive for me to do this (I'd need to buy an iMac, probably a test device, and then I'd need to pay Apple $100/yr as well)

This is a great thread, with great ideas. As you mention, the game is taking priority right now over the App, however, we do intend to make it a priority once the PS4 launch is out of the way and we have some additional man-power to lend to this project. Keep the ideas coming!

Would it not be simpler to just grant community developers access to the API that the game uses (I guess I could actually use it now, if I could figure out how to make the server think that the app was actually the game...) - from my experience as a developer, and also from all other Computer Science academics at my university that I've spoken to, Computer Science (including software engineering/development) focuses on building upon the work of others (i.e. allowing community devs to integrate the extra features into their programs), as opposed to reinventing the wheel (i.e. you guys re-write everything yourself) - this just seems like the least effort required for both parties, as well as minimal effort for the consumers

Just my humble opinion :-)