Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Needs To Be A Place People Want To Hang Out.

Magister_Zel

The dojo is a pretty bland place and most folks don't stay for more then a little while

in the dueling arena or to contribute resources.

I think there should be other activities that will draw in players like skill test challeges with a score board posting the best player or an acrobat training area.

Maybe you could have something silly like pets or games you can play with other clan members...i dunno something though.

I hope they change it into your starting location if in a clan, and make it so that all of the armory, foundry, market and what not can be accessed from there.
You should perhaps still be able to access all of the stuff but if there were "physical" shops and loadout places that would be cool. You could team up with players in a "mission room" where the solar system would be visible (holographic). Like a lobby.
If your clan based weapons or other stuff were built in the dojo there would be a reason to go there too. Entering Dojo takes to many steps as is right now as well.

I don'r want to 'hang out' in a dojo. I want to run missions; that's where the game is. Players can access clan chat from anywhere, so they don't need to be in a 'water cooler' space to socialize unless they're trying to roleplay, and Warframe isn't that kind of game. To that end, dojo content like this will be a waste of resources.

I don'r want to 'hang out' in a dojo. I want to run missions; that's where the game is. Players can access clan chat from anywhere, so they don't need to be in a 'water cooler' space to socialize unless they're trying to roleplay, and Warframe isn't that kind of game. To that end, dojo content like this will be a waste of resources.

Everything about the dojo is a waist except dueling and the clan weapons.

"WHOA THAT CROSS CONNECTOR, MAN THIS GAME ROCKS."

I hope they change it into your starting location if in a clan, and make it so that all of the armory, foundry, market and what not can be accessed from there.

You should perhaps still be able to access all of the stuff but if there were "physical" shops and loadout places that would be cool. You could team up with players in a "mission room" where the solar system would be visible (holographic). Like a lobby.

If your clan based weapons or other stuff were built in the dojo there would be a reason to go there too. Entering Dojo takes to many steps as is right now as well.

I'd hope that we can forgo the starmap and do everything in the dojo one day

It was the highlight of the update, I think we can expect a bit more.

It was clearly stated to be in alpha and that they are getting new content for it in the future now that the dojo itself works. so no, i dont think there should have been even more with the current mat prices ect....

Last livestream they already mentioned working on the parkour room and other fun additions. Dojo is still Alpha, so the purpose in its initial release is to get it working properly.

I think one main problem is how people connect to it, especially in larger clans. Seems no matter what, it still functions as a P2P host like games do, and not everyone can connect at the same time and be in the same room all at once.

That would be very cool, and i want a loadout system for each individual warframe cause i hate switching gear around.posts_zps9601eb43.jpg

Edited by 911nsidejob

For that to happen they'll either need to add a reward for staying in the Dojo (maybe a miniscule but passive exp gain for time spent there) or make it so that players spawn in the Dojo when you log in and you can access the planetary hub from there. Otherwise only time people will enter it is to grab a BP, build, research, and duel.

For the latter to happen, they'll have to add something for the clanless players.

Know what you mean, my clan isn't huge but it isn't tiny either 300+ (Facepunch) and there is only ever 1 person there ever it's a ghost town.

But I don't blame them I'm only there half the time for the bp's and donating mats for a few seconds.

Thats huge clan in my opinion.   My clan is 3 people and 3 others haven't played for a couple months now.  Our Dojo has as many people as yours I feel like our tiny clan is way better :)

Here are the issues:

• You can't see the Global Chat from inside a "mission", which the Dojo is. Fixing that an it will help.

• You cannot see Alerts nor Launch missions from the Dojo.

• One person has to be the Dojo host, if they leave the Dojo migrates and resets, likely dropping people.

To make the Dojo feel more like a true hangout it needs to be more persistant (3rd party dedicate server/host, come on DE many other games do it, it would help out everyone all around if you let us offloading some hosting to some dedicated hosting boxes, does wonders for TF2 and Minecraft), outside communition so it doesn't feel isolated, and able to jump into missions from it (a solar system map room?).

If the Dojo could be hosted from a 3rd party dedicated server it could become an optional landing spot for people instead instantly going back to the main menu when not in a mission/lobby. As an optional, depending on setting, if you are the leader of the current party it could be an auto invite thing to bring non clan folks back to the dojo with you. Say few check boxe

Server side

• Allow auto guest invites (y/n)

Client Side

• Auto Return to Dojo after mission (y/n)

• Auto Invinte to Dojo (y/n)

• Auto Accept guest invites to Dojo (y/n)

To help streamline, it could also be filtered down. If one person I the group doesn't have auto accept invites then it just goes back to the main menu instead.

How to make a dojo server.

1: have a decent internet connection or access to a place with one
2: have a spare computer
3: make a new account and add it to the clan with a utility role
4: farm it a dojo key
5: afk in dojo
6: ???
7: profit

How to make a dojo server.

3: make a new account and add it to the clan with a utility role

See that's the problem. That doesn't need to happen at all. It's a step that shouldn't be required. There are many reasons a standalone dedicated server would do good things for this game. Persistent Dojo instances are just one.

Also done your way here is still the graphical overhead of the game itself. A dedicate server doesn't need PhysX or even a dedicated GPU.

Edited by Brasten