Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros needs further adjustment to Scythes (Standard Staff Holster) Holstering

NightmareT12

So I noticed on my Nekros the scythes are a bit lower and turned around than what I'd expect. It seems to only happen on scythes using the Staff holsters.

The thing is, those used to have their own holster style. I think we should replace the Standard Staff Holster for a Standard Scythe Holster. Or try to adjust them on Nekros (not sure on other frames, Nyx, Frost and company seem fine).

Because it used to look like this:

NekrosC1.jpg

NekrosC2.jpg

And now looks like this:

Warframe0822.jpg

Warframe0820.jpg

With Nekros Prime around the corner and quite a few people intending to use the sexy Reaper Prime on him, I think this should be adjusted back to old values.

Because honestly, it looks quite off right now.

Edited by NightmareT12

11 minutes ago, rytisrytis said:

Are you sure you are not using alternative holstering position? because for me it looks like old one. And it also looks like you rotated it to oposite side.

It's the default one we're given post ADI custom holsters :( (the Standard Staff Holster)

Edited by NightmareT12

Yeah overall I'm kinda disappointed with the holster options. It's like this annoying little game trying to position weapons on your frame. It seems really broken when you can have weapons hovering about a foot from your frame. I hope DE will work on them more because they need it.

3 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Yeah overall I'm kinda disappointed with the holster options. It's like this annoying little game trying to position weapons on your frame. It seems really broken when you can have weapons hovering about a foot from your frame. I hope DE will work on them more because they need it.

This is for the defaults however -- which were supposed to remain unchanged.

Although yes, I also hope that DE is able to invest some more time in those in the future.

"bump"

Upon closer inspection I see that all Warframes have the scythes correctly holstered using the "Staff Standard Holster" (blade pointing their left, angle and height is correct) and only Nekros, in a twist of fate and irony (cuz reaper, you know), is the one having issues.

Anyways, I keep asking to see if this could be fixed for the Nekros Prime build coming on Tuesday at 2PM EST. Alongside the trailer, the PA, the Silver Grove fixes, and the apocaly... Sorry, wrong deadline here.

Edited by NightmareT12

I just noticed that the sword (single sword, like Dakra Prime or Skana) standard holster supposedly uses the same height and attachpoints as the pre ADI holstering.

Maybe the team could try to hook those up and see how they work?

Edited by NightmareT12

• 2 months later...

Updating the topic: War Within has updated how much we can customize our weapon holsters and it's WAY better now. Could fix the scythes myself, I believe I'd only ask for a little change for Nikana back holsters, but I'd rather add a new topic for this.

So issue gone, but if you guys could update the defaults for Nekros even a tiny bit so we don't need to resort to a Weapon Appearance slot for him specifically it'd be great :)