The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Hijack: Please have the rover push players instead of mauling them

Bibliothekar

As someone who prefers to walk next to the rover instead of just sitting on it, I end up under the wheels quite regularly (since, you know, no eyes at the back of my head), black out and drop down behind it. Which really breaks my flow ...

So please, instead of the rover just running over players and pushing them out of the map, could we have it like in Overwatch, where you can stand in front of the cart and be pushed along by it? I'd even be okay if the rover got an old-style cowcatcher that pushes me to the side, as long as I don't black out half a dozen times in a single mission any more.

3 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

As someone who prefers to walk next to the rover instead of just sitting on it, I end up under the wheels quite regularly (since, you know, no eyes at the back of my head), black out and drop down behind it. Which really breaks my flow ...

So please, instead of the rover just running over players and pushing them out of the map, could we have it like in Overwatch, where you can stand in front of the cart and be pushed along by it? I'd even be okay if the rover got an old-style cowcatcher that pushes me to the side, as long as I don't black out half a dozen times in a single mission any more.

maybe the engine doesn't support it as of now

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

THE WEAK SHALL KNOW NO MERCY FROM THE DOOM ROVER

This.

While I generally approve the suggestion, I find the mental image of a daemonic rover coming over and dragging a screaming tenno under itself like a horror movie monster to spew them out again from behind to be extremely amusing.

10 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Why don't you simply stand on it?

I mean, I could, yeah. But I prefer to jog next to it Secret Service style, it just fits better with my overall play style. Plus, in Sorties, when the rover has a nullifier bubble around it, it allows me to dip in and out of the bubble faster, using my abilities to clear the way or pushing it further along.

Edited by Bibliothekar

56 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

So please, instead of the rover just running over players and pushing them out of the map,

I was hoping you meant that it killed players rather than just pushing them out of the map so they respawn. :c 
if it one shotted us, that'd be hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

I want it to give you a knockdown animation, and your stuck as it rolls over you. XD